Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Verse Electric are we losing the battle

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Nitro takes a lot of time tuning is a big part but what about tuning a speed controller does it take more or less time to grasp the concepts.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Nitro takes a lot of time tuning is a big part but what about tuning a speed controller does it take more or less time to grasp the concepts.

i have tune a speed controler on the ,,computer to me its more confusing theres a lot more techical things... etc its for smart people lol...

yea nitro somewhat takes more time to tune not always though,, i mean usually my engine runs fine, and i dont have.. to touch it... but when it gets in the 30 in morning and then,, gets warmer thats when it ,gets kind of tricky but it isnt that hard...
Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
IMO Watching a electric race is like watching paint dry!!!
Same here, even you you are racig one, I raced my sons 4x4 Slash, and yeah it was fun, but boring as heck compared to Nitro.
If nitro disnt exist, I would not be into r/c
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Electric Buggy is growing pretty quickly where I live. I dont think it will ever replace nitro, it just gives a new spectrum to the sport we all love. I am an advocate for long mains and electric can not compete in that arena. On the other hand the simplicity of electric is bringing new people into 1/8 racing who have wanted to move up from Corr or 1/10 but didnt want to mess with nitro. So if it grows the sport why not embrace it.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by matrixmike28
Electric Buggy is growing pretty quickly where I live. I dont think it will ever replace nitro, it just gives a new spectrum to the sport we all love. I am an advocate for long mains and electric can not compete in that arena. On the other hand the simplicity of electric is bringing new people into 1/8 racing who have wanted to move up from Corr or 1/10 but didnt want to mess with nitro. So if it grows the sport why not embrace it.

yea some guys who race mainly electric were never met for nitro lol, the only thing maybe in a couple of years that.. i hope is that there is a,, seprate class for the 1/8 electric at,,, every club race track. so then us nitro, guys can have longer mains.. im talking about outdoor,, raceing too not indoor..
Old 02-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
IMO Watching a electric race is like watching paint dry!!!
Boring
Old 02-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The sound and smell of nitro is the main draw for me. Electric is the easy way to go fast....and to sleep while you do it. It's like watching a race on TV with the volume muted!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
battle is a figure of speak not saying electric is bad just curious on what other have to say for the 1/8 the scale more and more users are converting to electric from Nitro maybe speed and simplicity cannot comment since Ive never owned but have started a build too see what all the fuse is about. The posting is more functionality not OMG no again.
IMO they are switching to electric due to they do not know the fine art of tuning a nitro motor and think electric is going to be easyer by just plugging the esc into a laptop and go race. It's like with flying RC planes everyone wants instant gratification, try going into a hobby store and asking for a kit airplane, they will look at you funny and tell you all they have are almost ready to fly models.....lol take the time to learn to tune and you will love nitro, try to rush it and you'll hate it.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Why does it have to be a battle? Run whatever you like and let others do the same.
I couldnt agree with this more.

What i cant stand is when someone wants to get into Nitro and someone starts with how much better electric is. Not everyone wants to jump on that band wagon.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run electric and choose to run with the Nitro's and their longer mains. Electric triple mains is crap.....
Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mudboger07
IMO they are switching to electric due to they do not know the fine art of tuning a nitro motor and think electric is going to be easyer by just plugging the esc into a laptop and go race. It's like with flying RC planes everyone wants instant gratification, try going into a hobby store and asking for a kit airplane, they will look at you funny and tell you all they have are almost ready to fly models.....lol take the time to learn to tune and you will love nitro, try to rush it and you'll hate it.

yup if you know you dont have the patience ,,then dont mess with nitro ..
etc you dont have to be the best at,, tuning to get a engine running good.. im not the best . and i know people who arent the best, at tuning and they can get a engine to run good enough lol....

to be honest with you just look at people, who have dragter cars with barrel carbs that just takes patience also..
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

All this talk about nitro and tuning - give me a break. The electric guys do the same thing, they still hook there stuff up to the PC and adjust there power curve and brakes. but until EP can run a 30-1hour main, it will not catch on. You can argue all you want, Im just going by the big races. 3 10min races fora amain....... see
Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
All this talk about nitro and tuning - give me a break. The electric guys do the same thing, they still hook there stuff up to the PC and adjust there power curve and brakes. but until EP can run a 30-1hour main, it will not catch on. You can argue all you want, Im just going by the big races. 3 10min races fora amain....... see
The difference is if you don't tune your nitro motor "right" you risk blowing it up..on a speed controler..you risk..a hard to drive car....gearing is where you can run into problems with electric..I DO enjoy having a choice of either nitro or electric though. Sometimes I don't have a person to pit for me (when racing outta town) and I know some will say "just get someone to pit for ya" at some tracks it's not that easy, so now I'll bring the electric buggy just in case.. But I still prefer NITRO because of the longer run times..but sometimes I like the ease of electric..both have the good and the bad points..but whatever keeps the tracks open I'm for!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by token
with the mah of some of these batteries on the horizon.... 45 min a mains wont be a problem, 5000mah 6s packs on a 1700-1900 set up in a buggy/truggy can make 30 mins with ease.

its all SET UP SIR
Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
with the mah of some of these batteries on the horizon.... 45 min a mains wont be a problem, 5000mah 6s packs on a 1700-1900 set up in a buggy/truggy can make 30 mins with ease.

its all SET UP SIR
Yeah with my latest setups I can make 30min main.....but don't like to push it. 25 is where I cut it off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.