Search

wow a novalosi engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
you heard it here first

the novalosi mtr will be a 3 port piston and sleeve and the case will be a p-5 case ...not sure about the crank...watch and see remeber you heard it from zixxer first unfortunately the motor is so new that they dont have a part number or pictures yet ...but here ya go

Comp Piston/Sleeve 3 Port: R21

$105.99
Piston/Sleeve, 3P and Rod Assembly: R21

$139.99

they prolly decided to count the exhaust port because its being distributed by losi horizon ..because nova doesnt count eh exhaust port
I've been trying to explain that in the 8ight 2.0 EU thread, but no one wanted to believe me. It's obviously a P5 case, and therefore, nothing like a plus 4.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Lord

OK, it is a Novarossi with different timngs....
Timings set bij NR, choosen from a list of options (I know this is possible) or by own design? Only Losi and NR knows.....

Will ik make the engine better or worse? No, it will make the engine different and if it will be faster or worse is depending your driving style.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it will be interesting to dyno this engine and see how close it is to a +4.....And it will also be interesting to hear how closely to the +4 it performs on the dirt....

in defense to Losiracer there is far too much BS slung over engines and their design...if we were to believe all the marketing BS thrown at the consumer we would be fools....Over the years many companies have re branded existing engines and totally bull pooped the engines story..claiming how they have had the engine custom built to their own specifications, meanwhile the re branded engine is 100% copy of the original with zero changes.... This practice is still going on today so its not hard to see where Losiracer is coming from......IMO its a shame the nitro engine marketing is so misleading, you truly can only believe a small fraction of what the companies claim, as they will almost say anything if they feel it will help boost sales...... Now I am not saying this is the case with this particular engine, just trying to say this re branding practice has led to many false claims and blatant lies.......So don't jump down anyone's throat when they are skeptical of a manufacturers claim over an engines design origins.....

Last edited by J.Whiting; 02-09-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: language
Old 02-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mason elliott
coming from someone that has seen this motor in action it is practicly an exact replica of my novarossi plus 4 but with losi's name on it
i am trying to figure out why novarossi has decided to list the exhaust port in with the ports ...from what ive been told they dont do that ? losi clearly lists the parts in the parts list as a 3p piston and sleeve ..i still think this is going to be a 3port motor ..time will tell
Old 02-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

i am trying to figure out why novarossi has decided to list the exhaust port in with the ports ...from what ive been told they dont do that ? losi clearly lists the parts in the parts list as a 3p piston and sleeve ..i still think this is going to be a 3port motor ..time will tell

Horizon always claims higher port numbers then the engine already is, I am shocked they don't try to claim the opening on the top and bottom of the sleeve as ports as well LOL !!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I've been trying to explain that in the 8ight 2.0 EU thread, but no one wanted to believe me. It's obviously a P5 case, and therefore, nothing like a plus 4.
people will be eating crow its gonna be a p5 case with a split side and a 3 port

oh and crap you heard it from jamminkrazy first ...lol
Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
Horizon always claims higher port numbers then the engine already is, I am shocked they don't try to claim the opening on the top and bottom of the sleeve as ports as well LOL !!!!
you prolly right on that ..i had mentioned it in an earlier post .......more ports more power ...kinda thing
Old 02-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mason elliott
coming from someone that has seen this motor in action it is practicly an exact replica of my novarossi plus 4 but with losi's name on it
Where did you see it to make that call? I'm just curious...

Whats your local track?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

you prolly right on that ..i had mentioned it in an earlier post .......more ports more power ...kinda thing
it makes me laugh...just like when a modder adds a auxilery bypass port on a engine then tells the customer he turned it from a 5 port to a 7 port.... Meanwhile the auxiliary port is well below piston height and does next to nothing to the engines performance, as well doesn't make it a 7 port engine.... too much bull poop gets slung over these engines...

Last edited by J.Whiting; 02-09-2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: language
Old 02-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
it makes me laugh...just like when a modder adds a auxilery bypass port on a engine then tells the customer he turned it from a 5 port to a 7 port.... Meanwhile the auxiliary port is well below piston height and does next to nothing to the engines performance, as well doesn't make it a 7 port engine.... too much bull poop gets slung over these engines...
maximo... i sent you a pm a few days back...

Last edited by J.Whiting; 02-09-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: language
Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kgombe
maximo... i sent you a pm a few days back...

I guess I didn't reply ! my bad...I will look for the PM right away and send you a reply.....I get so many PM's and emails I sometimes miss who I have and who I have no replied to....Thanks for taking the time to tell me !
Old 02-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

got it.. i'm at work now... we will talk
Old 02-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

this does not seem like a good idea

i hope it all turns out well
Old 02-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
this does not seem like a good idea

i hope it all turns out well

just curious why you say that ..is it that you dont like losi putting there name on it ? just curious like i say not stirring
Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

just curious why you say that ..is it that you dont like losi putting there name on it ? just curious like i say not stirring
horizon is a "toy" company anymore , not sure why (besides money) novarossi would want to be associated with a "rtr toy" company .

thats all i am gonna say about that

Last edited by houston; 02-09-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.