R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
ScottyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami OK
Posts: 3,149
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
what the F*** is up your ass? anything in an opinion you retard unless it can be proven, anything i have stated is An OPINION because i cant prove it, as stated before yes crappy was a bad choice of words, nova makes awesome engines, and who said a +4 is my beloved engine? just because i use it? its been stated that this engine seems like its a +4, so in my OPINION i think it will be a lower performing engine then the +4, like a tuned grp and a non tuned grp. you can disagree with me all you want, that what makes America so great everyone has an opinion, but you might wanna go back to english class before you start calling what i stated facts




Fact
  /fækt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fakt] Show IPA
–noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth



o⋅pin⋅ion
  /əˈpɪnyən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
Bro I would advise to let it go.. Cause you are making an a$$ of yourself.. You screwed up and have admitted it.. Everyone move on please!!
__________________
Scott Musgrave
ScottyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Kudos to Horizon to farm out a motor to NR, It will be a good mill at an afordable price, and you may be able to get parts from NR or Horizon, and more important I don't think NR is going to pull an Italian job on there plant.
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #33
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty! View Post
Bro I would advise to let it go.. Cause you are making an a$$ of yourself.. You screwed up and have admitted it.. Everyone move on please!!
i really dont care
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #34
Tech Champion
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,846
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i am using common sense, novarossi isnt going to make an exact engine and let losi put there name on it to sell for less, and i will put my opinion where ever i feel needed, if you dont like it dont come on this website.
You must now know Novarossi engine's history very well. They done exactly what you're saying for years. Ever heard of a Crono RS5? How about Rex? how about Top? Max Power? Every single one is a Novarossi P5, maybe a small change here or there but all the same quality/power.

They have no problem at all with seeing a drop in +4 sales if they sell 10x as many through Horizon. It worked very well for GRP.
__________________
"I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head."

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #35
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,773
Trader Rating: 180 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i really dont care
Well good then drop it
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #36
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,782
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
You must now know Novarossi engine's history very well. They done exactly what you're saying for years. Ever heard of a Crono RS5? How about Rex? how about Top? Max Power? Every single one is a Novarossi P5, maybe a small change here or there but all the same quality/power.

They have no problem at all with seeing a drop in +4 sales if they sell 10x as many through Horizon. It worked very well for GRP.
You are completely correct but I thought I would point out something. Rex and Top ARE Novarossi. Not separate companies getting Nova to make engines for them like RB or JP but ACTUAL Nova company products. Don't ask me why, it's a long story.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
You must now know Novarossi engine's history very well. They done exactly what you're saying for years. Ever heard of a Crono RS5? How about Rex? how about Top? Max Power? Every single one is a Novarossi P5, maybe a small change here or there but all the same quality/power.

They have no problem at all with seeing a drop in +4 sales if they sell 10x as many through Horizon. It worked very well for GRP.
That's right, it is all about numbers, maybe, maybe there top tier motors the $1000.00 plus on road they keep for them selfs, because onroad Nova is the motor to beat, now offroad were all racers know that power can be your enemy, and offroad guys going thru motors like underware, they will sell whatever they can and the qualaty will be there, actually most of NR motors are older models detuned onroad motors.( just do a part number cross reference you will find out)
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #38
Moderator
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,536
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Well good then drop it
well said... you always just beat me to the punch marcos... i will help watch the thread but with you quick reactions i may be 2nd best..
__________________
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #39
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

interesting
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #40
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,773
Trader Rating: 180 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer7469 View Post
well said... you always just beat me to the punch marcos... i will help watch the thread but with you quick reactions i may be 2nd best..
well you need a computer station like mine


Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #41
Moderator
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,536
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
well you need a computer station like mine


man your killing me. im tryin to get this new 1/8 scale build tonight. 1/2 way done... only 3-4 more hours to go. looks like a long week for me... the only nice thing is work is letting me break my engine in while i work... ha top that one... oh wait you will. later marcos
__________________
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic
 
SteveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 918
Default

Losi Racer, you don't know me and I don't know you. It's not personal and I'm not here to pick a fight but to defend the people that, in this case, probably worked pretty hard with Novarossi to introduce a product that they think is best suited to their market and their customer. Whether they got it right or if it's better or worse than your engine isn't the issue. I know these people and, perhaps as a result, I might be a little overzealous about defending them because I have to think they would be insulted by your careless comments. I call Jim Hottinger a friend, as I did Ron Paris, Mario Rossi, and even his father and uncle. So, if I was as simple minded and one-dimensional as you're being, I would probably be forming illogical arguments for the "Novarossi" brand as well. There's simply no reason for what you posted. But instead of showing an ounce of contrition and simply admitting that maybe you went a little overboard with your STATEMENTS OF FACT (not opinions) and admit that at least you could have chosen better words, you get belligerent and immature in defense of the indefensible.

I fully expected your response, so just to set the record straight, I have a college education in the English language, and I spent quite a few years as an Editor and author. It doesn't mean that my grasp of the subject is perfect – I'm far from it. But, for the sake of this discussion, let's just assume that I have a pretty big advantage in the comprehension department as it relates to our "disagreement."

When you say "That's all that engine is, it's a crappy version of the +4," you are stating fact. When you assert that someone or something "is," you imply fact. When you state that something "might" or "may be" you're stating opinion. None of your statements ever allowed an alternate scenario, which makes them statements of fact. Thank you for your little definition – it proves my point that you can't make statements of fact in the absence of the subject of your statement. So, if you say, "that engine is just a crappy version of…" and "i promise you its not the same as the +4, timing will be different," etc., the engine in question must exist, and you must have evaluated it in order to make your absolute statements. Get it?...
You were also incorrect in your statement that "its been stated that this engine seems like it's a +4 (which is an opinion by including the word "seems"), but nobody posted anything even vaguely resembling the aforementioned. You just jumped right in and started flinging poo as though you're the authority on these matters.

None of the above really matters, other than to point out the inconsistencies of your statements. The real substance of my observation is that you (lets recap):

1) Said that a product IS "crappy"

2) "it's definitely not the same as the +4, timing will be different"

3) "Novarossi ISN'T going to make"… blah, blah, blah

4) "I wasn't saying the motor was crap" (see item #1)

5) "It's going to be a dumbed down version"

6) "it's been stated that this engine seems like it's a +4…" only the OP was before your statement, and it had no reference to any engine, no less a +4 (neither did A-Main in their description – I followed the link).

7) I'm the bad guy for pointing out that items 1 thru 5 are erroneous statements based on pure conjecture, #6 is complete fabrication, and finally that you could benefit from a better grasp of the English language to better express yourself without insulting others? I just want to be clear on which parts make me the bad guy…

The aforementioned is rhetorical and sarcastic to make the point – the time to think it through is before you post. Choosing words like "I don't think it will run as well as my +4 but we'll see" is still a little presumptuous, but not nearly as inflammatory. If not for me, but out of respect for the people that you insulted, maybe you can just let it go at "it was a poor choice of words" or some tortured form of an apology.

I won't have any more to say on the subject regardless.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #43
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Losi Racer, you don't know me and I don't know you. It's not personal and I'm not here to pick a fight but to defend the people that, in this case, probably worked pretty hard with Novarossi to introduce a product that they think is best suited to their market and their customer. Whether they got it right or if it's better or worse than your engine isn't the issue. I know these people and, perhaps as a result, I might be a little overzealous about defending them because I have to think they would be insulted by your careless comments. I call Jim Hottinger a friend, as I did Ron Paris, Mario Rossi, and even his father and uncle. So, if I was as simple minded and one-dimensional as you're being, I would probably be forming illogical arguments for the "Novarossi" brand as well. There's simply no reason for what you posted. But instead of showing an ounce of contrition and simply admitting that maybe you went a little overboard with your STATEMENTS OF FACT (not opinions) and admit that at least you could have chosen better words, you get belligerent and immature in defense of the indefensible.

I fully expected your response, so just to set the record straight, I have a college education in the English language, and I spent quite a few years as an Editor and author. It doesn't mean that my grasp of the subject is perfect – I'm far from it. But, for the sake of this discussion, let's just assume that I have a pretty big advantage in the comprehension department as it relates to our "disagreement."

When you say "That's all that engine is, it's a crappy version of the +4," you are stating fact. When you assert that someone or something "is," you imply fact. When you state that something "might" or "may be" you're stating opinion. None of your statements ever allowed an alternate scenario, which makes them statements of fact. Thank you for your little definition – it proves my point that you can't make statements of fact in the absence of the subject of your statement. So, if you say, "that engine is just a crappy version of…" and "i promise you its not the same as the +4, timing will be different," etc., the engine in question must exist, and you must have evaluated it in order to make your absolute statements. Get it?...
You were also incorrect in your statement that "its been stated that this engine seems like it's a +4 (which is an opinion by including the word "seems"), but nobody posted anything even vaguely resembling the aforementioned. You just jumped right in and started flinging poo as though you're the authority on these matters.

None of the above really matters, other than to point out the inconsistencies of your statements. The real substance of my observation is that you (lets recap):

1) Said that a product IS "crappy"

2) "it's definitely not the same as the +4, timing will be different"

3) "Novarossi ISN'T going to make"… blah, blah, blah

4) "I wasn't saying the motor was crap" (see item #1)

5) "It's going to be a dumbed down version"

6) "it's been stated that this engine seems like it's a +4…" only the OP was before your statement, and it had no reference to any engine, no less a +4 (neither did A-Main in their description – I followed the link).

7) I'm the bad guy for pointing out that items 1 thru 5 are erroneous statements based on pure conjecture, #6 is complete fabrication, and finally that you could benefit from a better grasp of the English language to better express yourself without insulting others? I just want to be clear on which parts make me the bad guy…

The aforementioned is rhetorical and sarcastic to make the point – the time to think it through is before you post. Choosing words like "I don't think it will run as well as my +4 but we'll see" is still a little presumptuous, but not nearly as inflammatory. If not for me, but out of respect for the people that you insulted, maybe you can just let it go at "it was a poor choice of words" or some tortured form of an apology.

I won't have any more to say on the subject regardless.


wow, you read WAY to much into what people write. glad you wasted 30 min of you day to write a bunch of bs.
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #44
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Do you know who you are messing with douglas?


I don't think so
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #45
Tech Initiate
 
mason elliott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Default

coming from someone that has seen this motor in action it is practicly an exact replica of my novarossi plus 4 but with losi's name on it
__________________
mason elliott

dependableoffroad / team losi / novarossi
-In loving memory of DeAnna Curtis You will always be in our hearts-
mason elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net