R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixxer View Post
never said it was ..i just said you are saying a motor is crappy without ever even trying it or seeing it first hand ................ and i will bet you that it will be closer than people might think ...but definitely not the same exact
This.

Won't be "the exact same", but veeeeery similar.

Combined with SteveP's answer.

Expect it to be a non-tuned, but otherwise very similar to the 'team'.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think the issue is that you called it crappy, and Nova rarely makes crap no matter what name is on it. Will it be the same? Probably not. Will it be as good? Maybe, maybe not.

Believe it or not, there have been customer Nova motors that were better than the factory branded Novas. The original Mugen MT12 was the best .12 motor on the planet for a full year before Nova made something in their own name that was comparable. There have also been RB's from time to time that no Nova could beat head to head/straight from the box.

All that being said, I'd go +4 too
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ill wait for the facts, pics, and first hand reviews of this mill to come out before I judge this engine.

Scott U.
RacerScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerScott View Post
Ill wait for the facts, pics, and first hand reviews of this mill to come out before I judge this engine.
that was easy thats what im gonna do ..i think the price will end up being more like 259 range when it settles

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i would not spend 279 when you can get the actual +4 for 30 bucks more, thats all that engine is, its a crappy version of the +4
Quote:
i promise you its not the same as the +4, timing will be different
Quote:
i am using common sense, novarossi isnt going to make an exact engine and let losi put there name on it to sell for less, and i will put my opinion where ever i feel needed, if you dont like it dont come on this website.
Quote:
i wasnt sayin the motor was crap, i was trying to say its going to be a dumbed down version, kinda like a Mitsubishi evo and a Mitsubishi lancer
You're not offering opinion - you're making statements of fact when, 1) you can't and dont speak for Team Losi or Novarossi, 2) don't have the slightest idea what this engine will or won't be, and 3) you said it's going to be crap. I think it's been well covered already, but I'll repeat that it's made by Novarossi, so it's going to be a good quality engine. Same specs? Who knows, and quite honestly, who really cares? You need to grow up a little bit and realize that, just because Novarossi make another similar engine under a different brand name, that it doesn't make your beloved and coveted +4 and better or worse. At some point in your life, I hope you come to realize that the earth doesn't rotate beneath your very feet. I don't know what compels you to come on here and make foundation-less "factual" statements about products you've never tested or even seen, but I'll guess that it has something to do with your very fragile ego. If you don't like the opinions that disagree with your statements, then you shouldn't be coming to this website.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
Tech Elite

I was looking around and found this by Dyno Dan. I'll also add that Dan is one of the engineers within losi and very involved with this engine and the testing done before hand on it.

"""The Nova Losi engine indeed has input from Team Losi. There are several people including Adam Drake who were involved in the developement of this engine. Nova Rossi's quality is without question and the input of several team members produced a very high quality mill with exceptional power, drivability and mileage. A huge amount of time spent on the dyno and out at the track were critical in achieving this goal. No one told anyone how to make a motor, it was sucessful racers conveying their requirements for a race engine and both parties working toward that same goal."""

The above post is from within losi and is as close to facts as we have.

Now thinking on my own here....

If it's a novarossi it's quality. Some shops will have it for $250 and up. So that alone is attractive to many racers who need a great engine without having to spend $330. But I do know Adam worked hard as did others testing to make sure Losi had a good engine in house for the losi guys A lot of different little combo's were tried. I'm not sure what ended up inside.

I'll be running it soon. It gets great runtime, long life, and has the same very quality everyone likes in Novarossi. So if Losi designers felt that some timing should be changed here, different piston there, different this and that it's for a reason.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
I was looking around and found this by Dyno Dan. I'll also add that Dan is one of the engineers within losi and very involved with this engine and the testing done before hand on it.

"""The Nova Losi engine indeed has input from Team Losi. There are several people including Adam Drake who were involved in the developement of this engine. Nova Rossi's quality is without question and the input of several team members produced a very high quality mill with exceptional power, drivability and mileage. A huge amount of time spent on the dyno and out at the track were critical in achieving this goal. No one told anyone how to make a motor, it was sucessful racers conveying their requirements for a race engine and both parties working toward that same goal."""

The above post is from within losi and is as close to facts as we have.

Now thinking on my own here....

If it's a novarossi it's quality. Some shops will have it for $250 and up. So that alone is attractive to many racers who need a great engine without having to spend $330. But I do know Adam worked hard as did others testing to make sure Losi had a good engine in house for the losi guys A lot of different little combo's were tried. I'm not sure what ended up inside.

I'll be running it soon. It gets great runtime, long life, and has the same very quality everyone likes in Novarossi. So if Losi designers felt that some timing should be changed here, different piston there, different this and that it's for a reason.

aburton did you get my email about a carolina r/c order?
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
aburton did you get my email about a carolina r/c order?
send it now and I'll check. I respond prett quick so probably not...

Sorry! I'm looking though..
Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #24
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
send it now and I'll check. I respond prett quick so probably not...

Sorry! I'm looking though..

i just sent you a email hopelly it worked.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
You're not offering opinion - you're making statements of fact when, 1) you can't and dont speak for Team Losi or Novarossi, 2) don't have the slightest idea what this engine will or won't be, and 3) you said it's going to be crap. I think it's been well covered already, but I'll repeat that it's made by Novarossi, so it's going to be a good quality engine. Same specs? Who knows, and quite honestly, who really cares? You need to grow up a little bit and realize that, just because Novarossi make another similar engine under a different brand name, that it doesn't make your beloved and coveted +4 and better or worse. At some point in your life, I hope you come to realize that the earth doesn't rotate beneath your very feet. I don't know what compels you to come on here and make foundation-less "factual" statements about products you've never tested or even seen, but I'll guess that it has something to do with your very fragile ego. If you don't like the opinions that disagree with your statements, then you shouldn't be coming to this website.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #26
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
what the F*** is up your ass? anything in an opinion you retard unless it can be proven, anything i have stated is An OPINION because i cant prove it, as stated before yes crappy was a bad choice of words, nova makes awesome engines, and who said a +4 is my beloved engine? just because i use it? its been stated that this engine seems like its a +4, so in my OPINION i think it will be a lower performing engine then the +4, like a tuned grp and a non tuned grp. you can disagree with me all you want, that what makes America so great everyone has an opinion, but you might wanna go back to english class before you start calling what i stated facts

Fact
  /fækt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fakt] Show IPA
–noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth

o⋅pin⋅ion
  /əˈpɪnyən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default this just in

you heard it here first

the novalosi mtr will be a 3 port piston and sleeve and the case will be a p-5 case ...not sure about the crank...watch and see remeber you heard it from zixxer first unfortunately the motor is so new that they dont have a part number or pictures yet ...but here ya go

Comp Piston/Sleeve 3 Port: R21

$105.99
Piston/Sleeve, 3P and Rod Assembly: R21

$139.99

they prolly decided to count the exhaust port because its being distributed by losi horizon ..because nova doesnt count eh exhaust port

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Losi should have

Gone with os. I like Novarossi and Losi, not so much, a negative asociation for Nova doing anything for Losi. It's an opinion Steve, take it easy Mr.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
what the F*** is up your ass? anything in an opinion you retard unless it can be proven, anything i have stated is An OPINION because i cant prove it, as stated before yes crappy was a bad choice of words, nova makes awesome engines, and who said a +4 is my beloved engine? just because i use it? its been stated that this engine seems like its a +4, so in my OPINION i think it will be a lower performing engine then the +4, like a tuned grp and a non tuned grp. you can disagree with me all you want, that what makes America so great everyone has an opinion, but you might wanna go back to english class before you start calling what i stated facts

Fact
  /fækt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fakt] Show IPA
–noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth

o⋅pin⋅ion
  /əˈpɪnyən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
although your statements may be an opinion, it comes off as if you were trying to state facts. not trying to bash here; it seems that you meant no harm, but delivery was off .
unsp0ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #30
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsp0ken View Post
although your statements may be an opinion, it comes off as if you were trying to state facts. not trying to bash here; it seems that you meant no harm, but delivery was off .
i will agree with you

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote