R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
i don't feel the need to seal my engine anymore. As long as you bolt it up properly and orings, bearings, carb boot etc, you will never have a problem. I have had engine sealant find it's way into the engine before. Probably my bad, but don't ever want to take the risk again. And that was only puting the sealant on the outside of the engine parts.

and i never get a air leak. If you know how to tighten bolts in the proper order and tighten all bolts especially the pinch bolt with the proper torque you should not get a airleak.

it would be cool if they made a torque allen wrench for our little engines
If you put the sealant on the outside of the engine parts and if got into the engine, you had an air leak.
Who8mySandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #47
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who8mySandwich View Post
If you put the sealant on the outside of the engine parts and if got into the engine, you had an air leak.
if you put sealant on the outside of an engine (like your supposed to) and let it dry there is NO WAY to get it in the engine.. I think someone if a fibber and is just trying to make a point about HE thinks sealing is not necessary.

OR he just dont know what got in his engine and is just makin ASSumptions, which is most likely the case considering hes a noob that starts a how to thread every 5 mins... my 2 cents.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

that ok JP.

I am so glad i don't have the same miserable disposition as you. your hubristic, nescient, pompus attitude is rather funny. I will never understand why people worry so much about other people. you don't even know that you don't know, you don't get it and you never will. You don't have the amplitude and aptitude to grasp it. you think everything revolves around you. But the fact is, you are lost like a fart in a tornado. And i will say no more, because i could care less.

I can't believe i actually typed this. I have no hate for anything or anyone.

The fact is, i am NOT like you, i am far from it. And you should be glad for that

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #49
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

I just dont like you cause i think you and your 101 threads are rather ridiculous.. someone who needs that much help should NOT be giving advice and or opinions, but reading and taking advice from ppl with experience.

good luck in life..
Old 04-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #50
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Popcorn please!
lobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Spektrum
jjshbetz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #52

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

ok this will be nice and simple... eveyone has his or her own opinion.. let them have it.....

jpalessi and dreaux........ point blank enough...........

if this keeps up infraction will be handed out to both.....

jpalessi i have for 1 have not used your product but i respect you promoting your products.. i for 1 have never sealed an engine and have not had any issues so far...

dreaux you also need to relax on comments made by others also.. and yes there is small torque wrenches made. i have some of them for when i re-build me engines when the sleeve gives out and needs a pinch....

Integra please dont egg thing on.....

to all the other members please please keep on track about the engine sealing... many members have many different ways to do things. some are right and some are wrong but this is how we all learn... we can learn from each other.. isn't that why we have rctech and all the other rc boards out there??

thank you guys and gals please keep a good learning conversation going... you moderator
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t

Last edited by J.Whiting; 04-02-2010 at 09:05 PM.
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

it's just a toy car

i to sometimes need to have some humility. I need to step back and look at the whole situation. Yeah, i have only a year and a half of expierience, and no i am not afraid to ask questions no matter how ridiculous. This is how i have learned and i have learned alot.

Do i know everything?? Hardly. But i can say for me, that sealing a engine has not helped in my tune. I used to seal my engine because i thought i had too. But i like to check my internals alot so i stoped. And nothing has changed. If i have a air leak it is usually because of a bad bearing/ head screws are loose/ fuel system. I purposely reset my needles most of the time so i can practice my tuning, and i have become very good at it. If it is not tuning right there is a reason and sometimes it is something stupid like the glo plug is loose or the carb boot. I am not a pro, i am not sponsored by anyone. Maybe sealing a engine really helps some of you, but it has not helped me. If anything it's a pain to break my engine down.

Just to check the rod is a pain.

This is jmo.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

I prefer to pour an entire bottle of rubber cement over my engines.

Seriously though...everyone needs to try Lucky 7! I know there will always be a few who argue that high temp RTV works just fine, but to do it correctly takes a lot of tedious work and time. You can seal your entire engine in minutes with Lucky 7 and know its done right. Easy choice.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 AM   #55
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I use black liquid electrical tape on the OUTSIDE of the backplate, carb seal and hsn needle. Works great, easy to remove, and is fuel resistant. Never had a problem and it's easy to find.Use a small brush and done.

Last edited by moeman; 04-06-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spellang
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to snowman6869

+1 on the lucky 7 products.Sealing an engine is not needed but it can prevent things from happening.If you are going to seal it go with lucky7.Hope everyone is having a great day.
SAVOX
LUCKY7 RC FASTLANE GRAPHIX
snowman6869 is offline   Reply With Quote