R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default what engine is better for a d8t ??

some one is ofering me a jammin 28 jpx whit jp.2 pipe and starte box for 150 what do you guys think????

i was hooping to get a lrp 28 ,os 28 ore axial 28 rr

and hoping for jp 3 ore jp4

what do you think should i go for it or wait ????
quad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

They are 21s that will do a better job that a 28 maybe not as much tourge but better fuel milage.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I totally agree with dpowers. If you have to go 28 the jpx will be just fine as the others you listed if not better. Just watch the carb. Those carbs are known for leaks. If you have issues go searching for the answer. A little lucky7 will patch'er up fine..
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmmm

I say wait and get a p5 novarossi, with an ofna 9853...
Old 02-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I say wait and get a p5 novarossi, with an ofna 9853...
+1

A .28 is going to get poor gas mileage to begin with. If your not a smooth driver it's fuel economy is going to be even worse. Also depending on your skill level a .28 can be way to much power. Don't get caught up in the hype a .28 is powerful. However a good .21 will have just as much power and faster.

good mid level engines for a truggy: Nova p5, GO 5p, RB 5p, Vspec all are reliable make good power, plenty top end and good fuel economy.

Top level engines for a Truggy: Nova FMS, OS speed, RB C6 and Ninja JPX These make .28 type power, insane top end good to great on fuel. However are not needed to win any race. A mid level engine is plenty capable of carrying you to the podium.

Don't spend your time getting caught up in the this brand that brand argument. Most engines are reliable and make plenty power. I have seen all of the above engines in the winners circle plenty of times.

1. Find a engine that fits your skill level
2. Find a good, reliable, low maintenance clutch
3. Gear it right!!!
4. Perform regular maintenance
5. Forget about what the next guy is running. Concentrate on improving your skills with what you have.
6. If your engine is reliable and the difference between you and winning is power or speed. What that means is you drove the entire race Wide The F@ck Open without getting marshalled and still lost. Then and only then should you worry about getting a different engine.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default motor for d8t

im running a werks b7 pro in my d8t.

i agree the .21 size motors are more than sufficient for a truggy plus fuel mileage is alot better than if you went with a 28.

i can get 9 minutes on my b7pro with a jp-3 pipe. the werks b7 pro has a nice powerband too.
HOTBODIES D8T, VE8 AND CYCLONE D4 WCE
www.hotbodiesonline.com
thrash metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

thanks guys for the advice

ill start to look for a .21 motor

what pipe should i get ???

jp ore os ???
quad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am offering a wicked combo right now

Clockwork Modified JL 21
hand fitted piston ( engine needs almost zero breakin )
JP3 tuned pipe
M2C 4 shoe variable weight clutch

$370.00 plus shipping

this is a rocking fast engine, very smooth extremely powerful with a killer top end....Pm me if interested
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What do you mean by hand fitted what do you do break it in yourself.

Team Associated B4.1 reedy 8.5, R10 Pro
Team Associated T4.1 OHP 17.5, Tekin RS
Team Associated B44.1 reedy 6.5, R10 Pro
smittyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyusmc View Post
What do you mean by hand fitted what do you do break it in yourself.
I had some custom tooling made that allows me to perfectly lap the piston to fit the sleeve...the result is an engine that needs next to zero breakin and operates with lower friction then most engines..I have done quite a few engines with this method and the results have been excelent...The engine still needs breakin to seat the bearings and bushings, but likely only about 3 tanks till its on the track operating at or very near peak performance....
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

I'm not biased on engines as you can see from previous post. However I would never do business with MAXIMO. He is a liar a cheat and thief. I had really bad experience with him. I never received my merchandise just a bunch of lies. Don't waist your time with him.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #12
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
I'm not biased on engines as you can see from previous post. However I would never do business with MAXIMO. He is a liar a cheat and thief. I had really bad experience with him. I never received my merchandise just a bunch of lies. Don't waist your time with him.

Now I know who you are...Tracy Morris !!! finally !

okay where to start here

first things first..I sent your engines to you, they were in NC for Sept 23rd 09.....USPS tried delivering the engines to you , you weren't home....... I emailed you, phoned you, yet got no response.... Then your engine sat at your post office for 3 months till they were sent back to me.....It cost me $ 35.00 to send you your engines, then it cost me another $28.00 to pick them back up as I had to pay for the return shipping................ seriously dude if your too stupid to pick up your own engines I cannot be blamed for it...Now I have your engines here if you want them..But you now owe me $60.00 in wasted shipping, and it will cost another $35.00 to send them...... However when you don't answer your phone, your emails or your door how am I supposed to ship the engines to you ? how can you possibly blame me for your own laziness or stupidity....what more am I supposed to do, your the one who left your engines sitting at the post office for 3 months....

By the way I have full documentation of of the entire transaction, including my shipping bills, as well as the emails I sent you trying to get you to pick up your engines.......

I am absolutely blown away you have the nerve to come here and bad mouth me, I did everything I said I would do for you, your the reason you don't have your engines....What more can I do when you don't return contact or take the time to pick up your engines...I knew you were a dumbass when you sent me the nasty emails ( meanwhile as your sending me the emails, your engines were sitting at your local post office)

So the real reason you don;t have your engines is your own actions, has nothing to do with me...

Last edited by Maximo; 02-07-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ah crap, here we go again. Let me get the popcorn out.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:06 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic

OK so let me get the emails out oh and you forgot who I work for. So I can post the phone records as well. Oh and posting my real name I'm really scared. Oh just so you know I got you phone call 2 mins ago. Dude I aint waisting my time convoing with you. Hell Don't forget we start doing one simple transaction with you in JUNE. You just posted you mailed the engine in Sept. What does that say for you. However I don't want to flame your @ss without fact. So let me dig up the emails and the phone records.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:07 AM   #15
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Working Man View Post
Ah crap, here we go again. Let me get the popcorn out.
How would you feel ?

i sent the guy his engines priority mail, they tried delivering them 3 times, then the engines sat at his local post office till they were returned to me in late December... I have tried emailing him, phoning him and gotten no respose, same goes for his local post office.... Then he comes here and badmouths me over it.....I can't see how I have done anything wrong....Not to mention during that time the dumbass sent me a few nasty emails over his engines, yet refused to respond to my multiple attempts to contact him...it got to the pint i just gave up trying to contact him.....what else am I supposed to do ? I even just tried calling him now, but he didn't answer like the dozen other times I tried to call..... If he wants his engines it was as simple as answering his door, or going down to the post office to pick them up...... This guy has issues obviously and its a shame he has the nerve to try to discredit me.....