New Losi 8ight 2.0EU Buggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi 8ight 2.0EU Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

On topic of new engine bore x stroke indicate this in not a rebadged .21 BF or N21R.. simliar to a P5 specs, anyone know bore x stroke of Plus4 ??
Old 02-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by njballa
On topic of new engine bore x stroke indicate this in not a rebadged .21 BF or N21R.. simliar to a P5 specs, anyone know bore x stroke of Plus4 ??
Overview | Features | Tech Specs PLUS 21-4C TEAM

Cilindrata / Displacement 3,49cc.
Potenza massima / Max. power 2,60 Hp.
R.P.M (Max. power) 34.000 R.P.M.
Regime di utlilizzo / Practical range 6.000 ~ 38.000 R.P.M.
Alesaggio x corsa / Bore x stroke 16,26mm x 16,80mm
Accoppiamento
Sleeve N. Travasi /
N. Transfer ports N. 4
Codice / Code 08502-10
Cuscinetto Poster.
Rear Ball Bearing Tipo di sfere /
Ball type Ceramica / Ceramics
Codice / Code 16801
Tipo d'avviamento / Starting -
Albero
Crankshaft Tipo / Type 14mm - TURBO SG
Codice / Code 15007-T
Carburatore
Carburetor Tipo / Type 9mm - Scorrimento / Slide
Materiale / Material Plastica / Plastic
Regolazione / Adjustment Singola / Single
Codice / Code 24063
Tipo di candela / Glowplug type - Codice/Code Standard - C5G
Tipo di scarico / Exhaust position Posteriore / Rear
Tipo di miscele / Fuel type Consigliata / Advise 25% Nitro
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
It's certainly not a plus 4. The crankcase doesn't look anything like the plus 4 case. It is most likely based on an older novarossi design. Crankcase looks identical to that of the old p5 engines. You can't go by port count until you actually see a sleeve. Novarossi has labeled their 3 port engines as 4 port engines before. You never know if they are counting the exhaust port or not unless they specifically note it as such. Even if it is actually a 4 port it isn't simply a plus 4. More likely a p5 based engine with 4 port sleeve and turbo head.
External crankcase Name Pad really has no relevancy. It just doesn't have the lettering cast into it. Inside will have 1 of 2 port configurations; basically whether or not the side channel has a division guide or not.

Nova hasn't counted the exhaust port in years. Doubt they're going to go back to it now.

P5 vs. +4 are all based on the same bore/stroke configuration and 1-of 2 internal side feeds in the crankcase. 16.26x16.8 has been the Nova standard for a while (incl. classic P5), current P5XLT and 1st gen +4 both used the 15009 (T-suffix for "tuned"); but same base casting. There's other crank casting p/n's they could use, but the 15009 is their std. baseline.

Based on the position of the Low Speed Needle in the pics, it's the new long-needle design (Same as 367, Toro, +4 series).

Due to production volume and price point, it simply makes economic sense for it to be a "non-tuned" version of the 1st-gen +4. 15009 crank, +4 sleeve, new style carb, turbo chamber, same heatsink as Toro/4...just black w/Losi logo. Obviously non-ceramic bearings.

So, boil that down and what do you have? A non-tuned +4

Granted, they now have the line saying "dome-dish design" on the piston...which leans torward the new "team" engine config. Even so, rotating assembly is still eeerily similar otherwise.

To each his own and we'll see what it is when they get here
Old 02-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

doea anyone know the release date ??
Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mblgjr
External crankcase Name Pad really has no relevancy. It just doesn't have the lettering cast into it. Inside will have 1 of 2 port configurations; basically whether or not the side channel has a division guide or not.

Nova hasn't counted the exhaust port in years. Doubt they're going to go back to it now.

P5 vs. +4 are all based on the same bore/stroke configuration and 1-of 2 internal side feeds in the crankcase. 16.26x16.8 has been the Nova standard for a while (incl. classic P5), current P5XLT and 1st gen +4 both used the 15009 (T-suffix for "tuned"); but same base casting. There's other crank casting p/n's they could use, but the 15009 is their std. baseline.

Based on the position of the Low Speed Needle in the pics, it's the new long-needle design (Same as 367, Toro, +4 series).

Due to production volume and price point, it simply makes economic sense for it to be a "non-tuned" version of the 1st-gen +4. 15009 crank, +4 sleeve, new style carb, turbo chamber, same heatsink as Toro/4...just black w/Losi logo. Obviously non-ceramic bearings.

So, boil that down and what do you have? A non-tuned +4

Granted, they now have the line saying "dome-dish design" on the piston...which leans torward the new "team" engine config. Even so, rotating assembly is still eeerily similar otherwise.

To each his own and we'll see what it is when they get here
LOL I'm not talking about the name plate buddy. I'm talking about the overall external design of the case. It's obviously not simply a first generation plus 4. It could really be anything. We won't know till someone opens one up. It could use a plus 4 style p/s and a totally different crank and case(definitely not a plus 4 case).
Old 02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

LOL I'm not talking about the name plate buddy. I'm talking about the overall external design of the case. It's obviously not simply a first generation plus 4. It could really be anything. We won't know till someone opens one up. It could use a plus 4 style p/s and a totally different crank and case(definitely not a plus 4 case).
I dont know but the case looks just like a P5xl's. Just my 2cents
Attached Thumbnails New Losi 8ight 2.0EU Buggy-nvrs21p5xl.jpg   New Losi 8ight 2.0EU Buggy-losr2800.jpg  
Old 02-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dan blight
doea anyone know the release date ??
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug

March 27, 2010 A-main. But no way in hell would I pay $279.99 for a base model +4.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Djballen
I dont know but the case looks just like a P5xl's. Just my 2cents
Yup, that's what I posted earlier. Engine is most likely P5 based. Makes more sense to me than it being plus 4 based!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It could really be anything. We won't know till someone opens one up.
Agreed

Wasn't saying it was a +4 case. Never did. When I mean 4-based, I mean the parts inside and case-port configuration.

It's what's inside the case that counts as far as how the port channels are cast. Outward appearances have nothing to do with that.

I stand by my opinion that you're looking at a non-tuned/standard version of the new "team" engine with the Losi logo'd head
Old 02-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)
Default .

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
I dont care about any of the black stuff. I just want the Body
Same here i just want the body and make the sticker to say losi 8ight 2.0US.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 2.0 EU

Someone will have one on sell on ebay on day. I will be getting one. When is the release date so I can be looking for it?
Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just setup my suspension to EU spec, well as close as I can come without the EU towers. Cut some AKA foams up and did the shock mod on it as well.

I wonder when EU shops will have it available for pre-order.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

There are some Uk shops now taking pre orders. Expected mid march but hopefully sooner

ran the eu setup (except for castor towers and spindles) at the weekend and car definately felt better to drive and I made the a main At my track against some national drivers ( normally b/c at most meetings) so looking forward to getting my 2.0 eu!!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by losi8lunie
There are some Uk shops now taking pre orders. Expected mid march but hopefully sooner

ran the eu setup (except for castor towers and spindles) at the weekend and car definately felt better to drive and I made the a main At my track against some national drivers ( normally b/c at most meetings) so looking forward to getting my 2.0 eu!!
Where can i find the EU setup?
Thanks
Peter
Old 02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Över
Where can i find the EU setup?
Thanks
Peter
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...te-English.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.