R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have two sponsors

Fusion Motorsports and AB Mods.

I am by no means one of the fast guys. I am in the upper part of the sportsman and lower part of the expert racers.

And Token knows who I am.

I just got these sponsors last year. From what I have learned over the last year or two.....

You dont have to be the best racer out there. Just consistant. Consistant at you skill level. Consistantly show up at the races. And consistantly treat others fair.

A sponsored guy suposed to be a representive of the company that is supporting him
Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #17
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
The Names on my signature is what I like and Run I am sponsored by my wallet, for the record I did refuse a full sponsorship and team manager positionby a company that after I put the kit together, I declined it as could not recomend it.
I am with you RAlmeida i will not run any thing i don't like i ran Axe Rossi Motors for 2 years and just got picked up by them this year and all so the same thing with ColdFusion i ran it for a year and then talked to Ron about Sponsoring me and he said OK 413 the same way liked Scott's work and talked to him about sponsorship and he said OK.

I know i could get Picked up by some Buggy companies but i like to run Losi so i will not even put in for sponsorship with any other buggy company and i know Losi has a Full Plate Right now so i will just keep buying buggy's out of pocket and run what buggy i like to run.
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenova70ss View Post
I am with you RAlmeida i will not run any thing i don't like i ran Axe Rossi Motors for 2 years and just got picked up by them this year and all so the same thing with ColdFusion i ran it for a year and then talked to Ron about Sponsoring me and he said OK 413 the same way liked Scott's work and talked to him about sponsorship and he said OK.

I know i could get Picked up by some Buggy companies but i like to run Losi so i will not even put in for sponsorship with any other buggy company and i know Losi has a Full Plate Right now so i will just keep buying buggy's out of pocket and run what buggy i like to run.
It is nice to know that I am not alone....I will refuse a sponsorship if I do not beleive in the product, but for some is a status as they feel impotent, sorry important to name there sponsored status, even if the sponsorship is by.........
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

i sent a race resume to about 12 different companies, after that i heard nothing back.... o well maybe next year
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

There are so many reasons somebody sponsored. First, You should represent the product you are sponsored by properly. Second, You need to be fast on the track, and friendly off the track. No body likes a stuck up sponsored dude! The 2 that have done this the best over the years are Matt Francis and Adam Drake. They are 2 of the most approchable guys in RC by far. Yes, I am sponsored, But it has taken many years of hard work and dedication to the hobby. I really dont like how some compaines today just hand out deals to whoever asks. It's not the same as earning it! I am currently Sponsored by the following Companies, and very proud to be:

-Hot Bodies
-HPI Racing
-Sidewinder Fuel
-Avid RC
-Blue Groove Apparel
-JAB Graphix
-413 Sign & Design
-Mikes Hobby Shop
-Paint By: "Smiley"

I want to thank each and every one of them as well. I would not be where I am without all of the help and support from them. To everyone looking to get Sponsored, Keep practicing, and try to attend as many races as you can. Help out others at the track as well. You never know when a potential sponsor will be watching.

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
There are so many reasons somebody sponsored. First, You should represent the product you are sponsored by properly. Second, You need to be fast on the track, and friendly off the track. No body likes a stuck up sponsored dude! The 2 that have done this the best over the years are Matt Francis and Adam Drake. They are 2 of the most approchable guys in RC by far. Yes, I am sponsored, But it has taken many years of hard work and dedication to the hobby. I really dont like how some compaines today just hand out deals to whoever asks. It's not the same as earning it! I am currently Sponsored by the following Companies, and very proud to be:

-Hot Bodies
-HPI Racing
-Sidewinder Fuel
-Avid RC
-Blue Groove Apparel
-JAB Graphix
-413 Sign & Design
-Mikes Hobby Shop
-Paint By: "Smiley"

I want to thank each and every one of them as well. I would not be where I am without all of the help and support from them. To everyone looking to get Sponsored, Keep practicing, and try to attend as many races as you can. Help out others at the track as well. You never know when a potential sponsor will be watching.
HB is handing out deals to whoever asks here in Canada....sorry to bust your buble
Old 02-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
HB is handing out deals to whoever asks here in Canada....sorry to bust your buble
So what hes a sponsored driver hes proud of his accomplishments and hes listing other companies not just HB.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Quote:
that "sponsorship" is just a "discount" off the retail price on the hot bodies site.

not much of a "sponsorship" its more a "discount"
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
There are so many reasons somebody sponsored. First, You should represent the product you are sponsored by properly. Second, You need to be fast on the track, and friendly off the track. No body likes a stuck up sponsored dude! The 2 that have done this the best over the years are Matt Francis and Adam Drake.
Definitely add Mike Truhe and Richard Saxton to that list. Great drivers, but more importantly great reps for their companies.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

Just fyi, I get Cost from my local hobby shop. That is where I was buying my HB Parts before I got a deal through HB. Since I have jumped abord with them, I have noticed that every part and kit I have ordered from them is below Hobby Shop Cost. Just alittle tid bit I thought I would pass along.

HB is a growing Off-Road company. Just in the past 2 years they have grown to be a real contender in the Off-Road scene. This year should be a very good year for HB.

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yep Smiley your right HB has be come one of the Top off road Buggy's you can buy i have a Team mate that runs HB and i have drove his buggy and i think i am Faster with his HB buggy then i am with my losi but i just like how the losi fits me and i love working on the Losi buggy's.That and i have more Losi parts then Most Hobie Shops.
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

OK, stop braging about some petty litle help, most racer acording to you people have some kind of so called "sponsorship", please quit the, I am this and that, I am proudly sponsored by so and so, that is BS. Most people in here receive help from womever (the so called sponsorship) and in return recomend the products or retailer and it is fine, just don't call your self sponsored..same goes for you guys that call and get free rides from Chinese manufactures trying to get in the market with inferior product, there is already a thread about this....
http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...ed-driver.html