which of these would you choose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default which of these would you choose?

i am going to be getting a new nitro off road truggy soon, and i think i have made up my mind, but i want a few more opinions before i pull the trigger..

Losi Ten-T
Traxxas Revo

other... if so what?

thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

If you plan on racing, Neither. If you just want to bash, REVO
Old 01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

i am mainly going to be bashing, but have heard that some tracks are going to start a 1/10 class

what is the reasoning behind choosing the revo?
Old 01-22-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The revo is a great truck lots of upgrades available for it I race one and love it
Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ten

I haven't seen the Ten in action but I looked at one at a hobby shop and it is a scaled down 8ight-t. The on board starting thing looks like it would make bashing simple. Just bring the truck and fuel. Traxxas does make a good - proven product though. I own a lot of traxxas too. It's really up to you. Everyone and their brother has traxxas, you could be a topic of interest and discussion if you are running something different.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

The Revo is not a Truggy, its a Monster Truck. If you plan on racing, make sure which ever you choose that they race that class. I dont see many clubs that will have an established Ten-T class b/c its new. And as far as MT class goes, unfortunately its a dying class. So choose wisely.
If you are just bashing, then I agree with others, go Revo. But to put things in perspective. If you buy a Revo, you will end up spending as much as a good race truggy will cost you to get it race worthy. Price things out, see what people say it needs, and compare it to the cost of a truggy.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
The Revo is not a Truggy, its a Monster Truck. If you plan on racing, make sure which ever you choose that they race that class. I dont see many clubs that will have an established Ten-T class b/c its new. And as far as MT class goes, unfortunately its a dying class. So choose wisely.
If you are just bashing, then I agree with others, go Revo. But to put things in perspective. If you buy a Revo, you will end up spending as much as a good race truggy will cost you to get it race worthy. Price things out, see what people say it needs, and compare it to the cost of a truggy.
+1

I highly recommend you consider 1/8 scale truggy.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

i suppose i could consider 1/8th scale. i still prefer 1/10th because as i said before i am mainly a basher. so what would you recommend for a 1/8th?

and it seems like everyone on here is recommending the revo, but i have heard some bad things about it such as: they are a bitch to work on, lower quality than losi.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Revo's are a pain to work on, quality wise tey are very good it's a traxxas they are buikt to take abuse, (they are not race worthy off the box, I have one), like others already mentioned, I would recomend a 1/ 8rtr truggy like the 2.0T (the best deal out there for what you get, the radio is the best of the rtr's, actually lots of racers use this radio), and for bashing a 1/8 truggy will out last out perform all MT and they don't break as easy, also a lot esier to work on.
My .02
Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

I think the Ten-T is great and I own one. It is a scaled down 8ight-T. If you are bashing, it doesn't matter if you go 1/8 or 1/10 scale.

If you want to race you can look at the 8ight and 8ight-T. Buggy racing is far more popular where I live.

I like my Ten-T so much I am going to be buying an 8ight soon and start racing. I love the fact that they are so similar and that they will be similar to work on. Not to mention they both use the same standard tools.

If you decide to go 1/8, I think the Losi 8ight RTR is impossible to beat. You can find it for $600 (or even less) and it comes with a great radio, motor/pipe, and starter box. From everything I read, the steering servo needs to be replaced right away, so budget for that. Otherwise it is good to go for a steal of a price.

In the end, the Ten-T will be far better for bashing due to the ROSS system (yes it is damn convenient.) And the Ten-T will cost minimally $150 less and that isn't including the servo cost for the 8ight. The Ten-T like the 8ight RTR is a steal. If you price the Ten-Ts electronics and engine alone you are at $400....so think of it like getting a race roller for $50 and the rest for $400.

So if it were me and I wasn't going to race, I would go with the Ten-T. If the racing bug then bites you, you can save up for an 8ight like I am and own both. You can then sell of the 2nd radio for close to $100 on eBay and save even more $$$.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:08 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

honestly, if ur stuck on nitro and want to do anythin. just buy a truggy (or buggy, always a possibility). u can race if u want and u wont have to worry bout no1 else runnin ur kinda of truck. 1/10 nitro stuff has never really stuck (save for gas truck which is resting peacefully in the annals of RC history)...

R
Old 01-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Prophet

how come a losi ten -t cant just run with the monster truck class?
Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
how come a losi ten -t cant just run with the monster truck class?
I think many local tracks are allowing this.

Hell, my local track doesn't have a 1/8 Truggy class either. So you race 1/8 buggies or run in their Slash class. And the Slash is boring to me, so that is why I am going with the 8ight.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Prophet

yea why not its the same size as a monster truck ,and if somebody shows up to race the race director wont have, to say theres no class for them. plus it helps the racing sport of r/c.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

if there was a track anywhere within 100 mile of me i would go with the 8ight, but i cant see myself driving that far on a regular basis( i live in SoCal, south OC)

im pretty much open to anything 1/10th, but i want top notch quality which is why i was thinking losi.

as far as 1/8th scale it intriguing but might be a little to pricey, but i could afford an 8ight RTR. can someone tell me the difference between an 8ight and a 8ight-t?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.