R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I'm not questioning the performance of the motor I bought one as a alternate from the normal 21 wanted to try someone different BIG mistake. Stick will companies that support their products example I sent in a JR 9100 bought a new assembly cause one ear broke off and the case was scratched. I sent in with my parts thinking I was going to be charged for the swap. Came back yesterday just over a week gears replaced, case and top plate with all my parts I bought > NO Charge that's a company that sticks by their products AWESOME it made my day. Trinity is garbage save you money
Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

That is great customer service. I havent had to do customer service yet. Fingers cross as of yet with any company. So I cant really comment on that part but extech engines I have not had a problem with them and I have/had 4 of them.
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sholler View Post
Just out of curiosity, which mills were they? Which version, modded?
I had the modded & a couple others were . I think a couple were stock but not sure . I am not even sure if the stock one's have the filler in the crank . They were the newer version also . I had a 1st version that did the same thing but was told the new version was fixed . They got me for 600 dollars total but won't get me for another dime .
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
I had the modded & a couple others were . I think a couple were stock but not sure . I am not even sure if the stock one's have the filler in the crank . They were the newer version also . I had a 1st version that did the same thing but was told the new version was fixed . They got me for 600 dollars total but won't get me for another dime .
That's the normal protocol at Trinity I bought the motor for a race the head broke off called replacment head will be sent out waited three weeks no head called no answer then email asked if I could send in my engine (NEW) for replacement since no spare head was avaiable he said I can send one out for 279.00 ??? What !!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #20
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info guys. It seems as if Trinity is an EPIC fail That's a shame since it seems that the performance is good. Well I will start to look at the other options with the engines. Looks like the Werks engines are getting a lot praise around here along with the usual suspects (novarossi,os,ninja). It's a tough decision but somebody has to do it!
hookem34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem34 View Post
Thanks for all the info guys. It seems as if Trinity is an EPIC fail That's a shame since it seems that the performance is good. Well I will start to look at the other options with the engines. Looks like the Werks engines are getting a lot praise around here along with the usual suspects (novarossi,os,ninja). It's a tough decision but somebody has to do it!
Very good decision check out the Werks and Alpha thread many are saying GREAT engines Alpha still young but from the read they seem to have potential I just bought a Werks and plan to get a Alpha just for club fun.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
I would also check with Ed at EB Mods and his JS engine. I have dealt with Ed in the past and he has excellent customer service

http://www.ebmods.com/newsite/main.html
bcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
I didn't use after run oil & neither did the other 5 guys i have talked to that lost the filler from there cranks so i don't think that is the problem . Not being a jerk just letting you know .
I had a different experience. Engine was fine until I use after run oil. Soon after the filling came out. Happenstance, Just dont know but that is all I have to blame it on.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
I had a different experience. Engine was fine until I use after run oil. Soon after the filling came out. Happenstance, Just dont know but that is all I have to blame it on.
That's a definite issue +1 a lot of guys say don't used after oil but I used on all my other engines if it sit for more then a week. I also check my engines after each gallon never had any problem with any of my engines but I used EB's oil.

Many guys have stated problems with their Extech ramps in their crank most say they pit off other say they complete fall out. I also heard of many guys sending in their crank into modder to get re-ramped .

Another fault on Trinity / Epic / Siro guys are still wating on replacement parts and its over 6 months. If you sell a product why not support the product would you take a crap and not wipe ??? I know of some guess who ???
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
That's a definite issue +1 a lot of guys say don't used after oil but I used on all my other engines if it sit for more then a week. I also check my engines after each gallon never had any problem with any of my engines but I used EB's oil.

Many guys have stated problems with their Extech ramps in their crank most say they pit off other say they complete fall out. I also heard of many guys sending in their crank into modder to get re-ramped .

Another fault on Trinity / Epic / Siro guys are still wating on replacement parts and its over 6 months. If you sell a product why not support the product would you take a crap and not wipe ??? I know of some guess who ???
Ok we get it. You have had a bad experience with Trinity / Epic. The guy has already stated that he is going to check out other engines.
bcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrazy View Post
Ok we get it. You have had a bad experience with Trinity / Epic. The guy has already stated that he is going to check out other engines.
yeah your right but its hard to let go after such a huge let down after shelling out over 3 bills. also received PM from other RCTECH guys with very similar experiences some have offered alternatives which I want to say Thank You. Oh thanks for the bump-reply untag from your prescription so you dont have to read !!

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 02-03-2010 at 12:05 PM.
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #27
Tech Master

Ok...so I bought the engine/pipe despite the poor feedback (guy came down to $215 all in after I told him about the feedback I got on this thread...thanks guys) and it ran like a raped ape! TONS of low end with decent top end. I did take a couple of large hits and the cooling head stayed on! I guess I got a good one.

But seriously the performace is awesome! I had a couple of guys at the track ask me what I was running (it sounds sooooo different than anything else out there) and boy were they surprised when I showed them. I think I made a few believers out of them.

I got a sweet deal and it runs great. No issues........yet, so I am happy

wish me luck!

I will be running at the Make a Wish race in Austin in the 20th so wish me luck
Old 02-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
Ok...so I bought the engine/pipe despite the poor feedback (guy came down to $215 all in after I told him about the feedback I got on this thread...thanks guys) and it ran like a raped ape! TONS of low end with decent top end. I did take a couple of large hits and the cooling head stayed on! I guess I got a good one.

But seriously the performace is awesome! I had a couple of guys at the track ask me what I was running (it sounds sooooo different than anything else out there) and boy were they surprised when I showed them. I think I made a few believers out of them.

I got a sweet deal and it runs great. No issues........yet, so I am happy

wish me luck!

I will be running at the Make a Wish race in Austin in the 20th so wish me luck
Yeah the motor is performer never questioned if their isn't any issues very good price on the set might want to pickup a spare head if you can find a deal. Also watch the crank fill check after each gallon just to make sure its not pitting or falling out. pickup some EB after run his stuff is really good if you plan to use. Good Luck!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default big boy

Quote:
That is a CRAZY track bcrazy! Thanks for the info guys. I have had more than one person tell me about the cooling heads breaking I have also heard that they do not hold a tune very well. And what about the Trinity "big boy" pipe on this engine...is it any good on this engine?

I am asking so many questions because I have the opportunity to pickup one of these engines and pipes up for $260 all in(and brand new!). Anyone else have any more info on this engine/pipe combo? Putting in a truggy...
I ran my .24 with jp2 pipe and it ran well omny could get a little over 8 min a tank. picked up a bigboy pipe. i have about an gallon on it and i hate it now. Will not hold a tune with this pipe. But when you get it to run you can get around 10 min on a tank with a lot of power. Can't deal with this at the start of a main........
Mik G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #30
Tech Master

Well I have just over a galllon on the motor and pipe now. Getting some sweet run time(10+ minutes) but it does not idle consistently. I have sealed the carb and backplate so I hope this fixes it.

No issues with cooling head and performance is strong. All in all not as scary of an engine as some make it out to be. Not perferct but not bad...