R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default R&R clutch bell

while going the the buggy ( losi 2.0) I desided to change the clutch bell due to the teeth looked warm and my son got it a tad to hot, I went with the robertson racing clutch bell that said it was for the losi buggy, my question is the teeth looked different than the stock clutch bell, the losi teeth looked sharp and the R&R looked flat on top, Will it be ok to run this clutch bell, I have yet to break it in and when spinning it over by hand it sounds kinda ruff. I set the mesh correctly, I'm wondering if I run it for a few minutes wil lit break in to were the sound goes away? Thanks in advance.....

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboger07 View Post
while going the the buggy ( losi 2.0) I desided to change the clutch bell due to the teeth looked warm and my son got it a tad to hot, I went with the robertson racing clutch bell that said it was for the losi buggy, my question is the teeth looked different than the stock clutch bell, the losi teeth looked sharp and the R&R looked flat on top, Will it be ok to run this clutch bell, I have yet to break it in and when spinning it over by hand it sounds kinda ruff. I set the mesh correctly, I'm wondering if I run it for a few minutes wil lit break in to were the sound goes away? Thanks in advance.....
I think you'll be ok. The mesh may be a little tighter due to the flat spot on the teeth if you didn't re-adjust your mesh after installing it.

The gear mesh noise should go away as you run it. I've heard stories the RR racing hardened gear products will wear other gears because of the steel being so hard. So, just keep an eye on your spur for abnormal wear.
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

I did have to change the mesh, due to changing the chassis to the tfc but I set the mesh like I always do. I'll keep an eye out on the spur gear also. I may go ahead and pic of a spare just in case...thanks

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote