R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
I run a Fusion Mod B3 in my buggy and a EB mod Extech in my truggy and yes they are fast but the thing I like is the motors just run better. I know they were built by Pros. I know Chris from fusion and he does a great job he told me that the mod is only part of what they do, they clean and lube your motor for break in. You dont have to worry there is metal shavings in your new motor.
http://www.reidrc.com/v-specos.htm
this is what the best motor mod guys do they just make a good motor better. I ran Rich Reid motors for a few years and they are nothing short of amazing. One day when I have the money I will get another Reid motor
Thats a cool link never saw that one
Old 02-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #107
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

oh bouy

strolling through ebay , check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quality-nitro-en...item4a9e94247d
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #108
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
oh bouy

JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #109
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
i mod therefore i am

proper modifications can produce engines that run excellent , improper modifications will F your engine up , there is plenty of the latter going around
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 02-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
i mod therefore i am

proper modifications can produce engines that run excellent , improper modifications will F your engine up , there is plenty of the latter going around
Very true!
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have rebuilt modded motors from reputable modders that do not know which way the air flows in the motor, It amazes me.

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail [email protected] Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #112
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
I have rebuilt modded motors from reputable modders that do not know which way the air flows in the motor, It amazes me.

Rex
If you are thinking of a certain guy that has an r and a b in his name , trust me there are reasons that he does some of the stuff he does to cranks that may not look like they work but they do certain things to atomize fuel

His stuff is very crazy but it works , too much power for me , I prefer a uaseable powerband
Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
If you are thinking of a certain guy that has an r and a b in his name , trust me there are reasons that he does some of the stuff he does to cranks that may not look like they work but they do certain things to atomize fuel

His stuff is very crazy but it works , too much power for me , I prefer a uaseable powerband

fuel is atomized at the venturi (spraybar) ...any further contact inside the engine will actually separate the mixture...No amount of fancy cuts inside is going to increase atomization, in fact many of them are going to do the exact opposite....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #114
Tech Elite

Quote:

i used his engines and they do work.... very well... whatever he does he does it well...
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #115
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
fuel is atomized at the venturi (spraybar) ...any further contact inside the engine will actually separate the mixture...No amount of fancy cuts inside is going to increase atomization, in fact many of them are going to do the exact opposite....
thats the first point and most important

what happens when the fuel/oil mix goes into the crankcase and bounces back and forth between the crank , the rod and the backplate ?

Last edited by houston; 02-15-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #116
Tech Champion

Quote:
thats the first point and most important

what happens when the fuel/oil mix goes into the crankcase and bounces back and forth between the crank , the rod and the backplate ?

it separates..... which is why you try to remove as much interference as possible.......you cannot re-atomize the mixture in the crankcase !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:11 PM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run modded engines not because I have to have the fastest thing on the track(OK I can't deny it's kinda cool), but because they just run much better, well the ones from the guy who makes mine anyway.

What I get is an engine that idles better, has smother throttle response and will keep up with the higher dollar speeds, and RB's without me having to lean it within an inch of it's life. Notice how many drivers had flameouts in the just held worlds warm up race. Pro drivers could care less if their engine wears out after 2 gallons. Those 12min runtimes(or whatever they claim) can not be translated to the rest of us mortal racers. If I get an engine that is smooth, idles well and allows me to pit at 8-9 minutes comfortably, I'm more than happy.

But you better choose the guy to mod your engines wisely. Some modded sleeves look like they've been through the internals of a chipping machine. Other takes a skilled eye to spot what's been done, but once you drive it you can tell.

Last edited by neobart; 02-15-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: bad spelling
neobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #118
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
I run modded engines not because I have to have the fastest thing on the track(OK I can't deny it's kinda cool), but because they just run much better, well the ones from the guy who makes mine anyway.

What I get is an engine that idles better, has smother throttle response and will keep up with the higher dollar speeds, and RB's with me having to lean it within an inch of it's life. Notice how many drivers had flameouts in the just held worlds warm up race. Pro drivers could care less if their engine wears out after 2 gallons. Those 12min runtimes(or whatever they claim) can not be translated to the rest of us mortal racers. If I get an engine that is smooth, idles well and allows me to pit at 8-9 minutes comfortably, I'm more than happy.

But you better choose the guy to mod your engines wisely. Some modded sleeves look like they've been through the internals of a chipping machine. Other takes a skilled eye to spot what's been done, but once you drive it you can tell.
nice post bart
Old 02-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #119
Tech Master

...if I thought the engine would be better, there is no reason why I would not say to go ahead and modify an engine... there is no bias. The high end engines don't need to be modified, that is my opinion.
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #120
Tech Master

Quote:
oh bouy

pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote