Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #76
Tech Master

unmodified stock engines consistently win every major race around the world

good talk
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know that most pros do run stock motors but the one that I am not so sure about is Drake. It has been said time and time again since he went to Nova that all of his motors are special factory modified versions. Do I know this to be true NO, do I believe it YES. Drake consistently get more run time than everyone else on the track. If it is true than that means that even the factory can improve on their own design so why cant another experienced modder who understands the complexities of these tiny motors do the same thing?
matrixmike28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #78
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Well it looks like even Nova is modding their own designs because the 1st round didnt cut it, adjusting timing and port mod. I am no engine modder but thats what I get when I read the article released on neobuggy. http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=7653
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #79
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post

good talk
yes but the same drivers would win with a modded engine just the same..... You know as well as I do that its the driver that takes the engine over the finish line, not the other way around.....

the discussion is whether the performance of the stock engines can be enhanced, and whether the enhancements are worth the extra cost......IMO an engine does not need to be modded to win a race, truth be told most of the high dollar engines are not needed to win a race either.....especially so at the club level where most of the consumer market is....I would bet that at 90% of club racing levels a $120.00 Dynamite Platinum .21 would do just fine and cut just as fast of laps as a $500 Speed .....However what we need and what we want are 2 different things......
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post

good talk
Where did you hear this? Thats why companies promote limited qunaties of a certian engine after they win a big race. Currently the Ray(something) over in Euro just had RB release his liminted edition Shark 9, When Hara won it was the 08/09 OS world speed, Truhe Orion Edition, Nova TEAM Edition ect.... Dude they run modded engines.... Do you really think that a 250 AE engine really competes with a 500 nova, 500 OS, 500 RB ect..... No they modded. Me I run stock engines cause Im no good at tuning these darn thing.

They find a good mod, scale it back alittle so its not exactly what the pros run and release to the public for a higher prices so you can "think" your faster. When the bottom line is its all driving.... hell I can sway cars with drake and he can run my vspec and I run is very custome nova - and he will beat me by 6 or 7 laps in a 30 min race.....
Old 02-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #81
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Novarossi has HIGHLY MODIFIED onroad motors avaiable for a few extra pennies (+$1000.00USD per motor, and no warranty to boot)
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Nova has always played with their team guy's engines.

You should see the Toro calmed down quite a bit and see a more linear torque output and increased bottom end and mileage.

The changes to the 4 will be more minor

As far as "tuned" engines; Nova has offered "factory tuned" engines for years. They just weren't heavily advertised or sometimes even imported into the US. When Mario was with them, he also did hand-modified/select fit engines. Primarily onroad and there weren't many.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Where did you hear this? Thats why companies promote limited qunaties of a certian engine after they win a big race. Currently the Ray(something) over in Euro just had RB release his liminted edition Shark 9, When Hara won it was the 08/09 OS world speed, Truhe Orion Edition, Nova TEAM Edition ect.... Dude they run modded engines.... Do you really think that a 250 AE engine really competes with a 500 nova, 500 OS, 500 RB ect..... No they modded. Me I run stock engines cause Im no good at tuning these darn thing.
I think a few people lost the sarcasm from the other gentleman's post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
I think a few people lost the sarcasm from the other gentleman's post
ok
Old 02-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #85
Tech Master

it wasn't sarcasm
Old 02-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #86
Tech Master

Yea, they release Worlds Edition engines... uh, they want to make money?! All the teams and engine experts test and test and test and then run the best thing they have at the Worlds. Then it's available to the consumers. That's just the way it works. Are you going to take your RB Worlds Edition engine and unleash some guy with a dremel on it? Not a smart move. I shouldn't be in here posting, I'll be leaving now...

Last edited by pitpop; 02-03-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #87
Tech Initiate

Default Modded or Stock

In my opinion most of these engines are not created equal....

You might have a good running modded engine now... but if you purchase another same engine it wont run like the one you had....

I guess sometimes you lucky or you are not lucky at all......
whiterice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterice View Post
In my opinion most of these engines are not created equal....

You might have a good running modded engine now... but if you purchase another same engine it wont run like the one you had....

I guess sometimes you lucky or you are not lucky at all......
?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #89
Tech Initiate

Default It doesnt matter modded or Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
?
Even we all race with the same car and same engine or simply same spec.

only one racer will cross the finish line.
whiterice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post

They find a good mod, scale it back alittle so its not exactly what the pros run and release to the public for a higher prices so you can "think" your faster. When the bottom line is its all driving.... hell I can sway cars with drake and he can run my vspec and I run is very custome nova - and he will beat me by 6 or 7 laps in a 30 min race.....

Where did Pitpop hear this? He's at all the big races and went to Europe last year. I think he knows, look at the pic of the truggy in his avatar.

At a big race a local driver had one of the top 10 pro's help him tune his engine. They were both running the same engine and after a while the pro said the problem was he had the motor modded.

I think Maximo said it best!

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote