R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Plase Help me to correct my truggy handling (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/365141-plase-help-me-correct-my-truggy-handling.html)

Mino 01-28-2010 12:48 PM

Plase Help me to correct my truggy handling

Hi, this is my first thread here, but im not completly new at RC since I have had a E-Revo for a year now, but now I got a Hot Bodies D8-T to start racing, and the other day I went to the track to practice and I noticed my truggy have a tail happy attitude, every corner i have to be VERY gentle on the throttle in order to keep the truck from spinning out, part is because my track is very loose right know but is very annoying how can I correct this?

My set up is,

Diff: F: 7000 center: 7000 rear: 4000

Shocks: F: 40wt R: 50wt

using Pro-Line Caliver tires

All the rest is were the manual said, box stock set up.

Thanks in andavance

Charles Godwin 01-28-2010 01:15 PM

Increase the rear diff oil something like 7,7,5 or 7,7,7. Softer clutch springs, Change the oil weights around, 50wt front, 40wt rear. Softer rear rollbar? Longer rear wheelbase. Could try a softer centre diff oil. More rear toe. Lots of things to change possibly. ;)

DOMIT 01-28-2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin (Post 6921997)
Increase the rear diff oil something like 7,7,5 or 7,7,7. Softer clutch springs, Change the oil weights around, 50wt front, 40wt rear. Softer rear rollbar? Longer rear wheelbase. Could try a softer centre diff oil. More rear toe. Lots of things to change possibly. ;)

+1 Any of those... + a couple more you can try.

Raise the inner end of the upper suspension link.

Lengthen the upper suspension link.

Increase (MAYBE!!) rear camber.

Change to better tires.

RAlmeida 01-28-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mino (Post 6921904)
Hi, this is my first thread here, but im not completly new at RC since I have had a E-Revo for a year now, but now I got a Hot Bodies D8-T to start racing, and the other day I went to the track to practice and I noticed my truggy have a tail happy attitude, every corner i have to be VERY gentle on the throttle in order to keep the truck from spinning out, part is because my track is very loose right know but is very annoying how can I correct this?

My set up is,

Thanks in andavance

If your truck is rear lose, there i s a few things in your current setup that will cause that..

1st your diff fluid setup will cause your truck to push hard (tail happy)

change to 7000 front, 10000 center and 2000 rear, yes 2000 this will allow the inner tire to spoll and keep you on track whille the front 7000 will pull you out and the 10000 center keeps the power from unloading in the rear.

2nd your shock oils are not right, reverse them 50 in the front and 40 in the rear, softer damping in the rear allows for more traction without unloading the tires.

Make sure your toe in and out is right and yorur camber is the same side to side front and rear.

pickle311 01-28-2010 02:03 PM

The first thing I always ask myself is "are the tires doing their job". Tires are roughly 80% of your setup, everything else is fine tuning. Calibers are good tires from what I hear. What compound are they, M2 or M3? What was the surface temp of the track? You said it's more dusty than normal. In that case, I will use whatever tire I have that works best for that condition. If that's not enough, I'll decrease the rear camber by 1 to 2 degrees. If that's not enough then I start changing the roll center. Lengthening the camber rods in the rear will slow the rear end down some and make it feel like there's a little more side bite.

Charles Godwin 01-28-2010 02:10 PM

You could add more front droop also to allow more weight transfer to the rear on power ;) . You could also on the rear suspension raise the front mounting block of the lower arms to make the arms lean back towards the rear off the car (think it's a anti squat adjustment, sorry i get confused with all the technical wording but know what that certain change does lol). Again more weight transfer ;)

Mino 01-28-2010 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks for all the replys, lot of good info! I will start by changing the shock fluid and and if its not enough I will change de diff oil before proceding.

Something that I just noticed is that when I place it on my starter box the rear tires are getting lower than the fronts, and its not the droop screws since I have them all the way out, could this be part of the problem, or its normal?

Heres a pic to explain what I mean:

Charles Godwin 01-28-2010 02:19 PM

Generally normal to have more rear droop than the front. Even by looking at the picture your starter box might not be letting the front arms 'sag' whilst it's on there. To get a measurement of droop get some calipers, raise the car up with tyres not touching the ground. From the centre of the top mounting shock screw measure from there to the centre of the lower mounting screw. You then got your droop measurement.

Tony Newland 01-28-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mino (Post 6921904)

My set up is,

Thanks in andavance

Instead of making a new thread, stop by the D8T thread.... all the talk there is specifically about the truggy and there's lots of guys that have alot of good information. Duplicate threads are anoying :nod:

Mino 01-28-2010 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Newland (Post 6922323)
Instead of making a new thread, stop by the D8T thread.... all the talk there is specifically about the truggy and there's lots of guys that have alot of good information. Duplicate threads are anoying :nod:

Oh ok, i'm sorry