Wiki Posts
Search

Who runs Jammin buggies

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Who runs Jammin buggies

Got a Jammin X1 fte about 6 weeks ago. I used to run a MBX6. Due to rain I have not had a chance to run this buggy yet. Now I have a X2 coming.
So for those who run them, what do you think? Good and bad I want to hear it all. I'm going crazy waiting to drive this car. So please tell me about yours.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i had an x1 and i converted it to an x2. the x1 IMO is a little better but now that i have been changing my setup on im starting to like the x2. the x1 is alot easier to drive. but with some teaks the x2 is getting easy to drive also. i love them and i will not switch to a different buggy except for odonnell. they do not break. make sure to shim the diffs good or they will strip on the x2. the x2 wears some the parts more than the x1, the lightened outdrives wear pretty quick and im not a fan of the center dog-bones either but you can put the regular outdrives off the x1 and you wont have any problem. also alot of parts are interchangeable between the two. they are both great buggies. hope you like them.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have an X1 and I love it. I was going to upgrade to the X2, but I think I will just take the goods from it, like the shocks, because it seems the X2 big bore shocks are different from the big bore on the X1 FTE. And also upgrade the pinion gears to the spiral cut.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcion
I have an X1 and I love it. I was going to upgrade to the X2, but I think I will just take the goods from it, like the shocks, because it seems the X2 big bore shocks are different from the big bore on the X1 FTE. And also upgrade the pinion gears to the spiral cut.
if you change the ring and pinion make sure to get the 44t spur gear and a 17t clutch bell. the x1 has an 48t spur gear and a 13t clutch bell.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Last year I went from a Losi 1.0 to the Jammin' X2. Jumped way up in lap times. Car seems to fit my driving style more than most others. It taught me control, cause if you push it TOO hard it will bite you. But the car loves to be pushed. drive it hard and its fine, seems to drive better ON throttle more than off. going to change somethings this year to get it turn more off power. my biggest complaint is that i couldn't get the off power push outa it, and thats probably 100% me!!! lol the car is great. Some people complain it's heavy/wide but to me that weight is distributed great and just makes it easier to drive! (never drove an x1)
Old 01-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

its like 1oz heavier and i dont see whats the big deal that everyone makes it to be. i think it just handle the ruffer stuff better because its a little heavier and also being light make it more proned to breaking IMO.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Love my X1.5CR FTE, it has losi 8ight shocks, Hot bodies d-8 ring and spiral gears, Jammin X2 clutch, X2 cb and spur, X2 carbon fiber shock towers, X2 center diff, dragon racing rear driveshafts, aluminum steering top plate, proline crowd pleazer body, and hitec servos. It is so sweet!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I love mine,, tried others but i keep coming back. just did a complete rebuild with all new parts.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by looper
I love mine,, tried others but i keep coming back. just did a complete rebuild with all new parts.

try some blue springs in the front. i tried them one weekend and won the race by 2 laps. it seems to handle better with the blue ones on the front and if there is low traction then blue front spring and white rear spring will work great.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got the Jammin X1 FTE and the only issues I've had so far have been with the front shock tower.

The problem is that the new 5mm towers have two sets of holes for mounting the shock which weaken the mounting surface where the shock standoffs sit. When you nose-drive and land on the shocks the front shock tower material under the shock stands compress and the shock screw bends.

I've put a 1mm washer between the shock standoff and tower which seems to do the trick. The other solution is to pick up a X2 aluminum front shock tower since it only has one set of mounting holes.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
try some blue springs in the front. i tried them one weekend and won the race by 2 laps. it seems to handle better with the blue ones on the front and if there is low traction then blue front spring and white rear spring will work great.

Thanks a million dude! yeah i took it out for its maiden voyage yesterday. in order not to hijack this thread i will shoot you a pm. i have a couple setup questions for running the x1 with big bores.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks for all the positive info,and the set-up info too. I plan to hit the track for the first time with this car tomarrow. I have not raced in about 8 months so I'm really looking forward to it. The last time I raced I was running a MBX6, so I'm really looking forward to see the difference in the two cars. I've always driven cars with pillow ball front ends. This is the first C hub car I've ever driven.
I'll post how I like it tomarrow.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

There is a PBS conversion for the jammin x1.

Just a bit of advice. dont get it.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by looper
There is a PBS conversion for the jammin x1.

Just a bit of advice. dont get it.
+1 they work great on tight indoor tracks but unstable on faster tracks. i do not understand why they are that way because mugens are stable with them.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

back when i had mine, i loved it, it was the best handling buggy ive owned. i could throw it around and it would take it and give me great feel and feedback. i went to associated and sold that to.. i bought another jammin and its going electric!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.