Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Question about set up stations >

Question about set up stations

Question about set up stations

Old 01-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Question about set up stations

I am still new to R/C. I have an MGT 8.0 that I have started with. I have seen a 1/8 scale hudy off road set up station, and I am wondering if that set up station will work with the 1/8 scale monster trucks like my MGT or the Savage XL or Losi or any of them ? I am not into racing, but I would like to make sure that my truck is set up right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MGT Fan
I am still new to R/C. I have an MGT 8.0 that I have started with. I have seen a 1/8 scale hudy off road set up station, and I am wondering if that set up station will work with the 1/8 scale monster trucks like my MGT or the Savage XL or Losi or any of them ? I am not into racing, but I would like to make sure that my truck is set up right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You would have to get one for 1/10 scale, in my opion if your not racing i wouldnt get one due to the cost but if you want one by all means get one...I just got the 1/8 scale one for m sons cars and my set up was way off...there good to have if your racing....
Old 01-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I agree with the above statement, it's really a waste of money if you aren't racing. Most people can't feel the difference in the small precise adjustments a setup station allows you to make to full on race bred cars, I'd imagine that would be the same for a MT too. But if you want one, buy all means it's great to have. I love having hime, it offers me peace of mind on race day. I know my setup is accurate and I don't have to guess at making changes.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

gotta make sure the camber and toe is set properly to make that critical jump over the curb onto the front lawn

dont waste your money
Old 01-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies. Mudboger7 why would I need to get one for 1/10th scale if the truck is a 1/8th ?

Also as I said I am not interested in racing, at least not yet anyways. I just thought it might be better to have a proper set up so I don't wear out parts early with a bad set up.

I am still new and have lots to learn about this hobby. I came from another hobby where you didn't always need a certain tool to do a job but it sure did make it easier, wondering if this might be the same thing.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Set up stations are only good for racing, you won't be wearing parts any faster by not using a set up station.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MGT Fan
Thanks for the replies. Mudboger7 why would I need to get one for 1/10th scale if the truck is a 1/8th ?

Also as I said I am not interested in racing, at least not yet anyways. I just thought it might be better to have a proper set up so I don't wear out parts early with a bad set up.

I am still new and have lots to learn about this hobby. I came from another hobby where you didn't always need a certain tool to do a job but it sure did make it easier, wondering if this might be the same thing.
Sorry bought that, I miss read your post, But if your not racing I woulde say dont get one unless you just want one, My son bashed for a year before he started racing and parts wear was minimum at best...it's a cool tool to have but for bashing I would not have spent the money on one..racing, well every advantage helps.......1/8 scale is 1/8 scale so it should work for you...if you do get one you'll love it.......
Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hudy 1/8 offroad works perfect for my REVO