Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAMMIN x2 diff-gear problem....HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default FATDADDY

Thanx alot FATDADDY, I;m gonna give my stock gears one more try, with only ONE shim this time-(4 in all ). Like i said b-4 I had absolutely no problems with the first THREE trucks, and the only thing i did different was follow the -new- instructions and use two shims. I;ve got the page saved, if these wear I'll def. give the HB's a shot-( reluctant to ANY more wieght, unless i have to ), especially rotating! Judgeing from the pics. they seem to be milled better than my stock ones.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i had the same problem and used the hyper 8 gears.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default Jammin X1 diffs help

Hi to all! I wanted suggestion for my problem with my X1 buggy diffs. I put the HB spiral gears the F/R diffs but the diff cup has play when i put it on the pinion gear coming from rear case to center diff. I have dog bone setup and was wondering iff you guys could help me out. please pm me so I can get this car on my way. This was a car I bought used and I ran it for a tank and broke. It seem to have a washer couple centimeters long to fit in the diff cup with no play but that seem to have been made custom. it broke in pieces and need help to get going again. thanks for your tech tips.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Triggerhappy: Do not use just one shim behind each of the small internal gears, use 2 like the instructions say. The difference between the X1 and X2 are the ring gears which have a different offset for the internal gears. Using only one spacer will cause you to only have the top edge of the gears meshing with the bigger internal gears which will cause them to wear faster.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default diff cup help

Thanks but the issue is not in the diff case. Its on the pinion gear itself. I was looking at manual and car comes with dogbone attached to diff cup with set screw. This is different and it has just diff cup on the pinion with dog bones alone to F/R of center diff. My problem is I am using D8 spiral gears and the pinion seems to skinny for the diff cup and set screw. The car had a cylinder looking washer with shaved side to mount in the diff cup but it broke. This seemed to have been made and not bought. I was told to buy jammin spiral gears and X2 dogbones.I will try to post pics tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

drove jammin all of last year x2 truggy 14 gallons .....no problem ever

spider gears (the 4 gears on the 2 pins) use 1 shim
on the outside of the diffs ( over the outdrives ) 2 shims per side

i know it is crazy ..but i never reshimmed it for 14 gallons ..no wear no probs

jammin makes the toughest truck out there .. a bit heavy and outdated ..but cannot be beat for wear and tear .....

late
Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zixxer
drove jammin all of last year x2 truggy 14 gallons .....no problem ever

spider gears (the 4 gears on the 2 pins) use 1 shim
on the outside of the diffs ( over the outdrives ) 2 shims per side

i know it is crazy ..but i never reshimmed it for 14 gallons ..no wear no probs

jammin makes the toughest truck out there .. a bit heavy and outdated ..but cannot be beat for wear and tear .....

late
Thanx man. I've had 1-x1, 1-x1x, and now an x2 truggy. I put CRAZY miles on both of the first two with no problem. I used 1 shim on the spider gears. The x2 calls for 2 shims---I did and they were chewed-up a little within 5,6 gallons. I've replaced now with (the original formula) 1 shim............we'll see!

btw, jammins aren't really out-dated imo. mine's 9.25 lbs. and same wheel-base as most "new-breeds".
Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by n.c.trigerhappy
Thanx man. I've had 1-x1, 1-x1x, and now an x2 truggy. I put CRAZY miles on both of the first two with no problem. I used 1 shim on the spider gears. The x2 calls for 2 shims---I did and they were chewed-up a little within 5,6 gallons. I've replaced now with (the original formula) 1 shim............we'll see!

btw, jammins aren't really out-dated imo. mine's 9.25 lbs. and same wheel-base as most "new-breeds".
it will strip with one shim, i learned the hard way. i forgot to add the extra sim to my rear diff and it went quick. and i guy at my local track learned the hard way 8 times! but you can always put kyosho diffs in them. the kyosho ones are harder steal and wear less. i also think HB are the same also.

you can get away with 1 shim in the buggy but after about 3-4 gallons it will go too. it went on me in the second qualifier once i went from 3k to 2k weight diff oil in the rear.