R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-27-2010, 07:45 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
If he's keeping up and getting great mileage, at 9 years old, then I don't think he needs to change Pretty soon guys will be asking him for pointers
You know your probably right, I started to have him change the way he stood on the drivers stand ( he stands with his right shoulder facing the track) but a couple of the fast guys at the track said to leave him be , if he is comfortable he's ok, and what did he do, finished 1st in spec slash and 2nd in monster trk class for the season.....lol, we didnt race for points last year in buggy due to him being new to it, this year he will be running both buggy and mod corr trk, I should just let him drive and just watch and pit for him.......lol

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to justinlogue5_0

My son who is 7 does a lot of bashing with me and my freinds. He is driving a Savage with a Mach .26SS. I tried giving him pointers and he would get frustrated with me and not want to play so I just left him alone to do his own thing and now I swear he drives better than most of my friends. I can ignore him and know he isn't going to run over me with his truck ,unlike some of my friends. LOL!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlogue5_0 View Post
My son who is 7 does a lot of bashing with me and my freinds. He is driving a Savage with a Mach .26SS. I tried giving him pointers and he would get frustrated with me and not want to play so I just left him alone to do his own thing and now I swear he drives better than most of my friends. I can ignore him and know he isn't going to run over me with his truck ,unlike some of my friends. LOL!
lol I know what ya mean, When my son first started racing he wouldnt listen to me, but a couple fast guys at the track gave him a couple tips and he got a 2nd in the b main and bumped to A main......lol go figure......lol

Ken
Old 01-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboger07 View Post
lol now it's starting to make since....Thanks Harper..
sure thing
C.Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
The smoother you drive the less impact is has on your physical and mental condition. No blipping for me, only a good clutch, a not to rich adjusted LSN and a smooth movement on the throttle when going out of a corner.

thats defiely true if you run hard clutch springs, you do have to blip the throttle i know i did when, i ran the stock losi eight clutch setup.

when i blip the throttle it seems slower, espially running buggy lol. now for truggy yea i can see, bliping the throttle. a bit to get it to rotate. but yes if the low speed isnt to rich, you can be smooth and fast.

i learn from running electric than nitro ,.so im really used to being smooth on the throttle.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to CHogle

i do not blip the engine at all. i let my car do the work. let the car roll into the corner. slowly start to apply throttle from the center off. if your engine, car, and clutch setup right it is much faster. and you will get much better runtime per tank. watch and see if tebo. cav. ect blip the throttle..
Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #22
Tech Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgpKwF4FguQ

This atsishi hara in thunder alley..If you listen carefully on the engine noise you will noticed the bleeping.
didrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by didrace View Post

This atsishi hara in thunder alley..If you listen carefully on the engine noise you will noticed the bleeping.
+1 exactly!

if the world champion is doing it, then its ok with me
Old 01-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
JQ
Tech Master

http://www.facebook.com/v/450694860575

Someone put the same frequency in their car, (which was also the same as mine) to see how I moved my servos while I was driving
JQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
http://www.facebook.com/v/450694860575

Someone put the same frequency in their car, (which was also the same as mine) to see how I moved my servos while I was driving
Interesting, does 2.4GHz allow frequency spoofing?

About the topic:
Its called Pulse Width Modulation, the theory is that you can produce the same resultant rpm using multiple pulses of throttle by varying the frequency of the pulses, ideally these pulses should be all of same width. Thats how it is in electronics. I think this method works pretty well with nitro motors but it may fry the esc if you do that with brush-less motors.
TopGearRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
Tech Prophet

Quote:

yea but what clutch springs was he using, if its a hard springs clutch setup than you kind of have to blip, the throttle a little bit.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:

Another one of the best in the business doing it...Truhe at the Nitro Pit.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
strngdze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjqkz View Post
About the topic: Its called Pulse Width Modulation, the theory is that you can produce the same resultant rpm using multiple pulses of throttle by varying the frequency of the pulses, ideally these pulses should be all of same width. Thats how it is in electronics. I think this method works pretty well with nitro motors but it may fry the esc if you do that with brush-less motors.
I think that type of throttle control would be more like amplitude modulation. The speed that most drivers blip is fairly constant. The amount the driver pulls on the trigger is what they vary. (amplitude) The blipping you hear when the pros do it is not a straight full on, full off blip. They vary the amount they pull and keep the blip rate fairly constant.

But I do believe PWM is the standard method of internally controlling speed on our speed controllers. At a constant half throttle pull, the ESC is going from full on to full off 50% of the time.

Now back on topic, I’m thinking the blipping is to keep the clutch engaged. When you race a real car, I never see them coast in neutral they are always in gear.

Last edited by razo125; 01-27-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: corrected definition
razo125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think blipping is done to keep the car settled , especially going into a turn if you let off & don't need to use the brakes it seems to unsettle certain cars unless you use a little throttle . Going out i think is done to keep the clutch spooled up . I have noticed that it seems as though some people blip it cause they may be paranoid the engine might stall . My son had an engine that we fought flame out issues for a couple races , now he has a habit of blipping to keep it from stalling . I found after 10 years of racing motocross if i tried to make big changes with my son it messed him up so if your son is doing well i wouldn't make to many changes . Sounds like he is doing pretty good.
romax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by strngdze View Post
Another one of the best in the business doing it...Truhe at the Nitro Pit.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
It looks like he is blipping mostly right before he enters the turn, either from letting off to soon or? And then just as he's exiting the turn, possibly to engage the clutch, but I didn't see him blip at anytime threw the straights....wow he can drive.......

Ken