Wiki Posts
Search

WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mblgjr

BTW...Griggs has filed for CH. 11 bankruptcy. I hate it for Bruce, but there aren't a whoooooole lotta folks that are going to reach for his products, especially in an economic downturn. I hate it for the industry and for him, but there's too many viable companies in the mix now for him to stay on a bit of a high horse. Hopefully he can get things straightened out.
Wow, that sucks. I remember when they were up a Sears Point. They offered me a job at one point but I didn't want to move to Sonoma. That was a long time ago, probably 15 years.

I remember seeing their Fox Mustang run circles around a GT3 Porsche on an Autocross course at the Porsche/Shelby challenge.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bottom line: Companies that do their own R&D and innovate have their ideas ripped off by other companies. Those rip off companies sell these copy cat products for less than the original and make a quick and easy profit. The quality of these rip off products is lower than the original and have not undergone adequate testing to ensure top performance and durability.

This has been a big problem for years now. More people are starting to figure out that this is a problem now as it doesn't allow for innovation because it cuts off the R&D budgets of innovative companies.

Hopefully this nicely summarizes the main idea of this thread.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Bottom line: Companies that do their own R&D and innovate have their ideas ripped off by other companies. Those rip off companies sell these copy cat products for less than the original and make a quick and easy profit. The quality of these rip off products is lower than the original and have not undergone adequate testing to ensure top performance and durability.

This has been a big problem for years now. More people are starting to figure out that this is a problem now as it doesn't allow for innovation because it cuts off the R&D budgets of innovative companies.

Hopefully this nicely summarizes the main idea of this thread.
You nailed it right on.+++++++++++++++++++
Old 01-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

blame the chinese!!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
I got a yellow 993 C4S with 36489 original km on it. Was that a good Porsche?
SAY WHAT!!!??? Dammit Rui! You are taking me for a ride in it!!

Ron P
Old 01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look what I found...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6v0y...eature=related