R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default hb d8t vs losi 8ight t race roller

Alright im looking to get my first truggy and here is the two cars im looking at.I thought about the mugen but got no local support. I like the d8t cause of cost but ive heard great things about the losi. What is the better car to go with? What are the pros and cons of each?
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (88%+)

Personal preference really. The Hot bodies are one of the best out there IMO just as much as a contender as Losi. Dont let the price fool you.
carlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Buy the one that YOU like. For whatever silly reason you like it. You will be happier in the long run. ALL top brands are competitive. ALL top brands have there quirks. However if YOU like the car. You will look past whatever idiosyncrasy's the car might have. You will definitely have more fun racing and playing with the one you like. As compared to going with a FAN BOYS opinion and choice. Actually you will probably end up hating the car and even worse the hobby. If you go with someone Else's opinion. You picked two nice cars you can't loose either way.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

two good choises, as I'm sure theres many more others.. we run both here, as said, personal preference plays a key role,, just go with your gut instinct with one of these two or maybe something different.. you'll have a blast either way..
Old 01-24-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
Buy the one that YOU like. For whatever silly reason you like it. You will be happier in the long run. ALL top brands are competitive. ALL top brands have there quirks. However if YOU like the car. You will look past whatever idiosyncrasy's the car might have. You will definitely have more fun racing and playing with the one you like. As compared to going with a FAN BOYS opinion and choice. Actually you will probably end up hating the car and even worse the hobby. If you go with someone Else's opinion. You picked two nice cars you can't loose either way.

Could not have put it better myself!

Hes right ! buy what you like any of the top brands kits are good. Just pick one that you like and go with it. There is a lot of people who bash evey other brand if it is the one one they dont own!!lol......
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post

One of the best that I've read.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

GREAT advice guys! Its awsome to see some great UN-biased opinions on a thread such as this!

I dont think I can add anything to this.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

IMO kinda go with the one your LHS has parts instock, i use to run jammin but my lhs or i have too order partsand something breaks i had to sit out a race so i made the swich to losi because both the lhs in my area have parts in stock
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #9
Tech Master

ive heard the d8t is best at cornering and it handles the best out of the truggies. I heard the bad point of it was the jumping that it didnt jump as well as the others? is that true? I want that kinda car. we dont have a lot of jumps indoors or out doors so thats what i need.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #10
Tech Addict

I think its more of setup.Both are great truggy.I seen them both on rails,balls to the wall etc. Have fun driving one of the two or both
v6shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #11
Tech Master

alright sweet thanks again
Old 01-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

go with the D8-t, you can get 2 for the price of one almost. great truck very sturdy I have no issues with jumping mine
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
Tech Master

this is kinda off topic but how long will these set of tires last? i mean like on road? i run on road and off road. Like i have my own little track me and my buddy made but sometimes i just drive my car out front for fun up and down the road. we make little circle course and stuff. Would the work ok or will the be gone? cause i know on my electric if you run tires like that on road you get like an hour of time on them ha. or should i just go with a mt tire?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Truck-Tires-2
Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

those are for a monster truck not a truggy...and no I would nto run them on the street they will wear out...
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #15
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

how are they not for truggy they were made for trugyy... as a matter of fact roar had to change the rules to allow monster trucks to use them because tehy were to narrow.... they are LPR.. yes they would work just get LPR rims and not the VTR and you should be fine.. and no they are not for the street

A-main has all their truck tires o=under monster truck....
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote