R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-21-2010, 02:15 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default VOLTAGE REGULATOR

I want to put a voltage regulator on my bump box. Was thinking about a 13v voltage limiter. I was thinking about running it between my lipos and motor of my bump box. Lipo is great in the bump box. However anything more than lets say 13.5v is a waste. Turns the motor to fast and waste energy and burns the wheel up.

I think if you put a voltage regulator on. It would make the batteries last longer and save unnecessary wear and tear on the motor and wheel. Turning the motor faster than it needs to.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
I want to put a voltage regulator on my bump box. Was thinking about a 13v voltage limiter. I was thinking about running it between my lipos and motor of my bump box. Lipo is great in the bump box. However anything more than lets say 13.5v is a waste. Turns the motor to fast and waste energy and burns the wheel up.

I think if you put a voltage regulator on. It would make the batteries last longer and save unnecessary wear and tear on the motor and wheel. Turning the motor faster than it needs to.

What do you guys think?
a 8$ lipo monitor is all you need...it will visually and Audibly warn you if the pack is getting too low and will prevent any damage from occurring...there aren't too many 4S regulators around.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote