R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im pretty sure the ones off the jammin will fit you can go to ebay and buy the whole set up for about 20 or 25 bucks. just type in jammin x2 and scroll threw the pages and youll see someone selling them brand new off a kit.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_9876 View Post
Is there a specific one? does it have to be a losi bell or will an ofna one work? im thinking about a 14 tooth for a buggy?
Actually a Losi bell WON'T work. It is longer than the others, your motor mounts would put it too far forward to engage your spur gear properly. And the OFNA is a slightly different diameter inside... you should only run those with the OFNA flywheel and clutch shoes.

Get one of those cheap Racers' Edge vented ones- about $10. That's all I run. Either 13 or 14 tooth should be good... 13 for bottom end punch, 14 higher for top speed. Note that having a single speed setup (all real race buggies are single speed, including older designs like the Hyper 7.) (Good car for an older one BTW...)

As for the LST2 clutch setup... I have no idea what it is like. If it is like the Losi 8ight clutch it will work fine with that bell. (I used to run Mugen bells on my Losi, with a motor mount that moved the motor forward to compensate for the shorter bell.)

Contrary to what folks are saying... Losi's Mach 427 engines are pretty decent engines. They aren't really good BUGGY engines though, too much bottom end power and not enough RPM.

Do you have a starter box? Or do you plan to use pullstart or shaft start? That makes a difference in what engine to recommend. (I HIGHLY recommend a starter box.)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

The plan will most likely be a rotostart setup for know, due mostly to the fact that I have one in the garage. I wouldnt rule out a starter box in the future though. For know I just want to get it running and have acces to the 427. For later on im liking the looks of the nova 21 bf.

Next question, can I use the flywheel I have or should a buy a whole kit? If the kit is the answer, will that jammin one fit? or any other reccomendations compatible with the 427? Thanks for all the help so far guys
Brad_9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

Would the novarosse N21R-BF be a much better motor? I want something nice and fast but with good corners. I started looking at the 427 and Id have to shim up my mounts to clear the roto start and I really didnt want to do any customizing until im familiar with it.
Brad_9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i would go with the nova if you can swing it. its a much better engine and will last alot longer and it wont be so hard on the diffs. also look at the werks b3 its the same price and just as good if not better than the nova bf.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote