Wiki Posts
Search

Help Me Pick a Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Grimlock212
When people ask me for help on buying a real car I am happy to help since I probably know more than them as an ex-Pro Driver.

When it comes to RC I lack the info to make a good decision. I would like to gather some info to help me do so. I am not asking you to waste your time if you aren't interested. If you are too annoyed by these posts why don't you just move on rather than act like a jerk...

Seriously though it seems especially strange since we will probably be on the same tracks in the near future since I only live 1.5 hours from you.
google is your friend, there is also a pretty nice search function on here as well....

like i said in my last post you cant go wrong with a losi since there is a lot of parts support at every track, i choose to never own one because of a not so bright past with some losi drivers, thats why i drove a mugen a hot bodies and now a kyosho.

i look forward to racing with you, i will be running the NoR/CaL series witch i think hits the nor cal rc track.

since when did they start racing nitro there?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grimlock212
Wow I can't wait to meet you at a local race. You sound like a really nice guy.
I wipe my own ass...LOL
Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Me Grimlock.....
Nice Avitar I havent seen that since the 80's. The dinobots are cool.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
A HIGHLY modified one, so $300.00 plus all the custom parts and work that went into it yoour over the $1000.00 mark
hara's buggy had nothing special over any other hb car out there...

it had all the right upgrades (alum rear hubs taller shocks/tower, and a very tallented driver) oh wait cant forget the light hb chassis, and other light weight parts.

there was nothing custom or protype on that buggy when he ran the main and won, everything can be bought that he had at amainhobbies.com
Old 01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by smokinu
hara's buggy had nothing special over any other hb car out there...

it had all the right upgrades (alum rear hubs taller shocks/tower, and a very tallented driver) oh wait cant forget the light hb chassis, and other light weight parts.
So it was not a $300.00 car was it?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

you are kidding right?

It just had a few hopup parts....

as far as YOU know.....

I am 99% sure that he was not using their diffs.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Frank L
Me Grimlock.....
Nice Avitar I havent seen that since the 80's. The dinobots are cool.
i guess im an asshole frank, im aiming for you, if you get hacked by a truggy with a white to orange fade paint job it was ME!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
So it was not a $300.00 car was it?
a hara edition d8 would cost around 500 bucks from a main, not included the speed engine lol!

still cheap
Old 01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have actually been doing a ton of research and that is why I am leaning toward the Losi. I just wanted to see if people really though a different buggy would fit my driving style much better based on the video of me driving on my first post.

Someone might watch it and say, "Wow, with the way you like to take sweepers, I think the XXXX might be the one for you." Or whatever.

I know the two hottest buggies on the forum seem to be the Xray and Mugen. But not many are run at my local tracks which means I will probably have issues getting parts (locally) or getting good help on the car from other racers.

At my local track we have some Team Associated Pro drivers, Kyosho Pro drivers, and the majority of the other folks run Losi. So if I were to pick a brand other than Losi, I would probably lean more towards the Associated or Kyosho buggies.

Losi has the additional advantage of being very similar to my Ten-T so it will be easier for me to work on them with so much in common.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hakmazter
you are kidding right?

It just had a few hopup parts....

as far as YOU know.....

I am 99% sure that he was not using their diffs.
I do not want to take anything away from HB and Hara was/is a great driver, but the sum of the parts used on his car, HB hopups and custom made and that car is way more than the $300.00
Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

From my memory he won that race on pit strategy. He stayed out longer than anyone.

But i don't see how any of this is helping grim!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by smokinu
google is your friend, there is also a pretty nice search function on here as well....

like i said in my last post you cant go wrong with a losi since there is a lot of parts support at every track, i choose to never own one because of a not so bright past with some losi drivers, thats why i drove a mugen a hot bodies and now a kyosho.

i look forward to racing with you, i will be running the NoR/CaL series witch i think hits the nor cal rc track.

since when did they start racing nitro there?
They are starting to set up all sorts of Nitro racing under their new(ish) owners.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by smb17
From my memory he won that race on pit strategy. He stayed out longer than anyone.

But i don't see how any of this is helping grim!
Yes, very true. Again it is the sum of parts, strategy and skill that wins.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by smb17
Grimlock, Try doing some research. I haven't owned many buggies I can only tell you what I've seen break at the track. But find someone nice and reliable. Pretty much any major buggy out there should handle just fine. I would try to find a tank!
I have done a ton of research. Almost all of my time on this forum is research. I have only been a member for about a month and you can see my post count.

I also search with google, you tube, etc. I am not an idiot.

I spent most of my time racing real cars, but I am totally new to RC racing. That being said I have been building RC cars since before Losi even existed as a company.

If people want help on buy a full sized race car, let me know. I can give some advice there based on your budget and goals.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

for sure man. Yeah I see a ton of losis down here in socal. Maybe there's a losi thread on here you can try searching for that and see some of the responses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.