R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default Truggy bodies?

Am I the only one that is disgusted with the current crop of truggy bodies? This is supposed to look like a truck, not some sort of alien sperm cell.

I'm so frustrated trying to find something that looks like a TRUCK that I'm tempted to "pull" my own.

I fully understand the aerodynamic principles that they're trying to apply... but come on! It doesn't have to be scale, but at least an option that somewhat kinda-sorta looks like a truck if you squint at it...
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Every one want what the "pros" run , so if they run those ugly bodies everyone going to buy them to be like the pros. I like the more scale looks and would be all over something that looked like a truck. Thats the main reason i bought my SC8 .
Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrad View Post
Every one want what the "pros" run , so if they run those ugly bodies everyone going to buy them to be like the pros. I like the more scale looks and would be all over something that looked like a truck. Thats the main reason i bought my SC8 .
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

domit ill sell you the crowed pleaser 2.0 i have for the kyosho, should be a direct fit for the xt8... it looks just like a trophy truck...

i like the newer style bodies... here is my rc8t body on my kyosho...
just to make this thread that much more epic for the sperm bank.
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the new bodies look more like a pickup truck.
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Tech Addict

When I first saw the truggy bodies, thought man they are horrible. Now I see so many of them guess they have grown on me and really dont think there that horrible anymore LOL. Guess the design and looks have to grow on you too
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
I think the new bodies look more like a pickup truck.
ill agree to that
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Not again!
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Damn it Domit!! you took my idea of a paint job this year.. a pearl white with hint of pink on the nose and lite pink squiggly lines down the body.. my first thought of my sons losi last year was "sperm".. at least my D8t some what can look like a vehicle Batman would drive...
Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDHotbodies View Post
Damn it Domit!! you took my idea of a paint job this year.. a pearl white with hint of pink on the nose and lite pink squiggly lines down the body.. my first thought of my sons losi last year was "sperm".. at least my D8t some what can look like a vehicle Batman would drive...
Actually the D8T is my favorite of the stock bodies. It at least somewhat resembles a truck. Oops, maybe second favorite... the MBX6T look pretty good.

Unfortunately I don't think either would fit my truck well. I KNOW the Mugen is too narrow.

All of the latest aftermarket bodies seem to be following the Losi look. I really just don't care for that.

The stock XRAY body looks ok, but it is paper thin, and as much as I wreck it might last 1 or 2 heats.

I kind of like the "old school" body Mike Battaile runs currently, but I don't know what it is... looks like a typical truggy body from 2 years ago or so.

And lol @ "Damn it DOMIT." That's my bud's typical greeting to me. lol
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Actually the D8T is my favorite of the stock bodies. It at least somewhat resembles a truck. Oops, maybe second favorite... the MBX6T look pretty good.

Unfortunately I don't think either would fit my truck well. I KNOW the Mugen is too narrow.

All of the latest aftermarket bodies seem to be following the Losi look. I really just don't care for that.

The stock XRAY body looks ok, but it is paper thin, and as much as I wreck it might last 1 or 2 heats.

I kind of like the "old school" body Mike Battaile runs currently, but I don't know what it is... looks like a typical truggy body from 2 years ago or so.

And lol @ "Damn it DOMIT." That's my bud's typical greeting to me. lol

how about the losi eight -t , 1.0 bodys i have one, for my eight 1.0-t i know you would like them . to me it looks like, a real truck body.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
how about the losi eight -t , 1.0 bodys i have one, for my eight 1.0-t i know you would like them . to me it looks like, a real truck body.
The Losi 1.0 body is fine. Doesn't fit my truck (too narrow) but it looks like a truck.

That's my whole point with all of this. 2 years ago, they looked like trucks. Now they look like... umm... I've already said it, nevermind.

It isn't about it being LOSI... they're great trucks. They just don't look right, and now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon... you can hardly find a new body that doesn't look similar.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
The Losi 1.0 body is fine. Doesn't fit my truck (too narrow) but it looks like a truck.

That's my whole point with all of this. 2 years ago, they looked like trucks. Now they look like... umm... I've already said it, nevermind.

It isn't about it being LOSI... they're great trucks. They just don't look right, and now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon... you can hardly find a new body that doesn't look similar.
I majorly disagree with you Domit. I think the new style bodies look more like a pick up then the old bodies. Compare them to a tundra.

Also, the D8T? Seriously?? It looks like someone stepped on it and they just ran with it.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
Tech Prophet

i mean i kind like the eight 2.0 t bodys, and then i dont but i cant make by mind up if i want to, upgrade my eight -t 1.0 to a 1.5 . i know the reason why another, companies are doing. i image that it does, make the handing better and engine cooling better .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
I majorly disagree with you Domit. I think the new style bodies look more like a pick up then the old bodies. Compare them to a tundra.

Also, the D8T? Seriously?? It looks like someone stepped on it and they just ran with it.
The one smokinu posted at least doesn't have the line of the truckbed running up as it goes back so it looks like a tree fell across it... but the window is lower than the wheel opening? Show me ONE truck that is like that. Show me a pic of a REAL truck where the window goes down like that and I'll quit bitching. I think that is the part that really bugs me maybe... that and the "squashed" truckbed on them...