R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Yep I've seen your creation. It doesn't look too bad going around the track, but like you said, I'm sure it's limiting performance some.

I think Mugen MBX5T bodies are a direct fit onto the XRAY truck. You might be able to find one that you like.

On a side note, SC's really are fun to play with. They have been the most popular class every weekend at out indoor track here this year. Lots of good racing, and they look cool as hell going around the track.
I SOMEWHAT like the body that Mike Battaile is running on his truck- has that "trophy truck" look without the number plate things or the lumps over the shock towers.

I also think the JConcepts (I think) that I saw on an ST-RR looked ok.

I've driven a Slash once (only once) on dirt oval (also only once) and it was fun- but they're hard to drive. The body roll makes the steering react so slow, you have to anticipate everything. I didn't finish last... had a couple laps on the last place guy, and he races oval... but the winner had me by about 4.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
I SOMEWHAT like the body that Mike Battaile is running on his truck- has that "trophy truck" look without the number plate things or the lumps over the shock towers.

I also think the JConcepts (I think) that I saw on an ST-RR looked ok.

I've driven a Slash once (only once) on dirt oval (also only once) and it was fun- but they're hard to drive. The body roll makes the steering react so slow, you have to anticipate everything. I didn't finish last... had a couple laps on the last place guy, and he races oval... but the winner had me by about 4.
You're right they are totally different to drive. It's like you have to apply your inputs a good bit before you actually expect it to react. Takes some getting used to. It actually amazes me how quick some of the guys I race with are with the sc10's. I mean people I would be beating in other classes are putting me down several laps in SC. Makes you step back and think about what's wrong with the picture for a moment. I really can't explain it any better than that I just suck with a SC. And I haven't dumped tons of money into mine(ball diffs, FT shocks, Titanium turnbuckles etc...) like the other guys have. It's really just a fun class to me. I'm not that serious about it like lots of guys are.

Anyway I know Proline and JC make MBX5T bodies.

Doesn't look like a truck, but it is a boring old school truggy body. You might like it.
http://www.prolineracing.com/product...dy-370-21.html

Same as above^^
http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...products_id=56

Here's one that actually does look like a truck. Might not fit your truggy very well though.
http://www.prolineracing.com/product...dy-487-68.html
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

This one doesn't actually look like a truck so much, but I kind of like it. (except the window masks are strange...)

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=235

As for the "short course" body you posted... I actually like that. Wonder if it would fit?

Ahhhh... I think I figured out what Battaile is running... a ProLine Shift for the MBX6T.
http://www.prolineracing.com/product...dy-400-21.html
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
This one doesn't actually look like a truck so much, but I kind of like it. (except the window masks are strange...)

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=235

As for the "short course" body you posted... I actually like that. Wonder if it would fit?

Ahhhh... I think I figured out what Battaile is running... a ProLine Shift for the MBX6T.
http://www.prolineracing.com/product...dy-400-21.html
The shift doesn't look bad. It would be nicer with a truck bed. Problem is I doubt it would fit over the xray.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
The shift doesn't look bad. It would be nicer with a truck bed. Problem is I doubt it would fit over the xray.
Yeah... too narrow. It would fit but it would rub, I THINK. I've put a 6T body over my truck before just to see. (I actually really like the stock MBX6T body!) BUT... Mike does have a little clearance along the rockguards, so it might be ok. (I know... I checked it out.)

And you're right, I don't care for the molded in pseudo-rollbars either. (that's what those are supposed to be I guess.)