R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Working Man View Post
Same spot on the track? Take a look at your frame under the cluch and see if it's striking. Some good flexing will jam it and stall it. But still get the temps up and seal the motor. Fuel line is cheep so replace often and look closely for air leaks. If the fly wheel is to low caseing on jumps and landing can stall also. Check ride hight and shock oil wt. Mite need to stiffin. it up a little. All these little thing on this struggle buggie will make life hard but wiil go away when the 2.0 comes to the house.
I really hope so I have a lot of fun racing! I enjoy wrenching as its part of the fun aswell but dang I would just like to get through the race before I start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
I started with a Ravager with that engine in it. It isn't a very GOOD buggy, but it will take some abuse.

Get some help tuning the engine from some other racers... and check the slop on the conrod. A sloppy rod will give you these kind of symptoms- it will seem to run fine but you'll flame out frequently. (And check all the other stuff folks have mentioned.)

175 does sound a little on the cool side, but that engine does have a pretty big cooling head. I broke half the fins off of mine (by accident... newbies hit things and break in ways you would never imagine! ) and it still was plenty of cooling surface.

That engine is also a little on the "hard to drive" side. Too much bottom end to be a good buggy engine actually... and no top end. Going up a tooth or maybe even 2 on the clutchbell will help.
For sure not a very good racing buggy! Way to heavy and your right pretty hard to control because it does have a lot of bottom end but it does take a pretty good lickin and keeps on tickin.
Pin2Win is offline   Reply With Quote