Wiki Posts
Search

rc8 rs rtr roto problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default rc8 rs rtr roto problem

ok so im new to the 1/8 scale and i got a rc8 rtr rs for dirt cheap so i couldnt resist it.any how,i have about 13 tanks threw my rc8 rs engine and i just changed the glow plug like the booklet told me to.as i have been running it i noticed that some times the starter wond thing gets tight at time when im tryin to start it.is that cuz of cold?.i know i should get a starter box whih i will when i get the gripper for it.as of now this is my problem.anyone can help.it woul be great.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vowbeachbum
ok so im new to the 1/8 scale and i got a rc8 rtr rs for dirt cheap so i couldnt resist it.any how,i have about 13 tanks threw my rc8 rs engine and i just changed the glow plug like the booklet told me to.as i have been running it i noticed that some times the starter wond thing gets tight at time when im tryin to start it.is that cuz of cold?.i know i should get a starter box whih i will when i get the gripper for it.as of now this is my problem.anyone can help.it woul be great.
it can be too much fuel in the crank case ...remove glow plug turn upside down to see if there is an excess of fuel ...also on roto starts the one bearing in the mechanism on the back plate of the motor can get gummed up ..fix for that is to remove back plate pull out one way bearing clean it good and reinstall ...thats about all i can think of ,,but it been a while since i ran a roto start ....down the road try and pick up a bump start back plate maybe a used starter box ..and you will prolly need the kit motor mount as well ...hope that helps
Old 01-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
it can be too much fuel in the crank case ...remove glow plug turn upside down to see if there is an excess of fuel ...also on roto starts the one bearing in the mechanism on the back plate of the motor can get gummed up ..fix for that is to remove back plate pull out one way bearing clean it good and reinstall ...thats about all i can think of ,,but it been a while since i ran a roto start ....down the road try and pick up a bump start back plate maybe a used starter box ..and you will prolly need the kit motor mount as well ...hope that helps
oks o i just got a ofna truggy starter box for a great deal off this sie.what changes will i need to do in my rc8 rtr rs.it still has the .28 enginein it.will i be able to use the box once it gets here.or do i need to do other changes?