R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

having a couple vspecs and ninjas i found the best combination for me to be the ninja internals in a vspec case. The case and crank make a big difference. I have a vspec with a ninja crank/rod with a 3 port sleeve and a vspec case with all ninja internals

when i first did my franken spec, it was absolutley unreal. I have yet to produce anything that will run like this engine did for a half gallon. they have since settled in and are more like a standard vspec/ninja but is eisier to tune and smoother with and edge on top end.

i have yet to try a speed crank but i am sure it would be amazing as well.

Just remember to get rid of the vspec crank. That is the problem with that motor.

Also the ninja crank is lighter then the speed.

the 3 port vs 5 is personal preference really. I find the 5 port to have a better power band.

Now a 3 port with a speed crank might have a better power band then that, but i don't know because i don't own a speed and probably never will. To much money for me. I could get a new truggy for the price of one. And as long as the ninja is being made i will continue to buy those.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Well, i went a head and grabbed a speed crank.
And a speed sleeve / piston kit.
And *blushing* i couldn't help my self. I grabbed a VZ-R sleeve/piston set to.
Have yet to fire any combination up, but i can say as much right away. The VZ-R might FIT in the crank, but the forward first mm or so of the first transfer port(?) on each side of the sleeve is obstructed by the sleeves support in the crankcase. It's nothing that will prove fatal for running, but i guess it would be noticeable on a benchtest.
I forgot to grab a second speed conrod, so i only got one, will have to sort that out, will try to test both sets, as well as shoot a few pictures if anyone else but me is interested in what they really did on the sleeves to change performance...
(I actually bought the two different sleeves so i would have stock, speed, and "on road" versions of the same sleeve, to see if i could learn anything.)
B!
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote