Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher man View Post
try the sh zmxb-8

all i can say is this buggy is amazing i got the rtr changed the servo and put a 2.4 in it and wow i was keeping up with all the rc8s and betting some kyoshos i am going to race it at the silver state but i am going to get a new engine and pipe and it is super duper durable but the engine now hass plenty of grunt
You are keeping up to faster drivers, not there cars, assuming the same skill level, then you can coment on the cars.
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Hey bud, if moneys a big factor then you may wanna rethink "RACING". It cost. now as far as getting a RTR for $400 - thats gonna be hard. Im looking out for you in the long term. Do you wanna pay $400 for something that you cant find parts for at your LHS. How about $400 for a POS that will break just jumpin off the curb.

I would suggest, and I hate to say this, but the Asscocated RC8 RTR..
Team Associated RC8RS Race Spec RTR Buggy $489
Team Losi 8IGHT 2.0 1/8 4WD RTR Buggy (w/DX3S Radio, Telemetry Installed & Starter Box) $650 - - - BEST DEAL ON THE PLANET

These are easy to find parts for and support is very good. thats just me and my opinion
Old 01-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had a RTR Losi 8ight 2.0, got it for $220 RTR without Radio. Bought a MX3 Radio for $100. Took that car and won second place in the Sportsman Buggy Winter Series at VRP. They are REALLY GOOD buggies, very capable, even the Losi 350 is a great little engine. The only fault I found was the same as with every other RTR on the market, weak servos. Just take the Steering servo, put it on Throttle and buy you a DS1015 for $70 used. That is your best bet. There are TONS of spares on ebay as well so getting parts cheap will be easy.

I wouldn't go for the SH buggy. It really requires all then upgrades to make it a really good buggy. Its o.k. as it comes, but not a top notch racer unless you upgrade the shocks, chassis, and radio gear.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #19
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewClaycomb View Post
There's a used 8ight 2.0 RTR on craigslist in my area right now for $425.

Just searched used and you will find great deals. When I had a cheaper Ofna, I couldn't make it a race without breaking something.
where exactly is for 425$ ?
ositivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default rc8 rs rtr

be pateint and wait for something on ebay that u can snag for cheap.i got mine brand new in the box for 370 shipped.it was still clamped in the original box.and my freind also just got one 2 days ago for 335 with 8 tanks threw it.oh by the way im talkin about the rc8 rs rtr.
vowbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Soundstream

All the before mentioned buggies are good buggies. I do have to say I love my robitronics protos. It's very durable, fast and handles very well with some tweaking. They are supposed to come out with the protos v2 this month also and is rtr. I am in line to buy one. They are also very easy to work on and parts are now widly available. these are like 270.00 so you could add some hop ups and buy fuel etc....
Tamiya 801Xt, Robitronic Mantis, Robitronic Avid, Robitronic Scalpel, Robitronic Protos, Sportwerks Mayhem pro, HPI Nitro RS4 3 EVO+ RS4 Drift, HPI Micro RS4, Sportwerks recoil, Sportwerks Raven BX, Losi Aftershock, Losi NXT, Associated RC10R5, Associated NTC-3, Spektrum DX3R pro, Radiopost module system.
Soundstream is offline   Reply With Quote