R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a thread that covers servos? I am not really sure which servos I should target as almost all of them say "high torque". From what I've been told, it will cost me around $100/servo...but I am not sure which model numbers I should be reviewing.

Sorry for more newbie questions! Seriously, I've been building these for over 25 years and I don't know the answer.
Losi Ten-T: 7/7/2, Kingpin tires, optional Losi Springs, Spektrum DX3S
Nor-Cal Hobbies: Union City, CA
Grimlock212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock212 View Post
Is there a thread that covers servos? I am not really sure which servos I should target as almost all of them say "high torque". From what I've been told, it will cost me around $100/servo...but I am not sure which model numbers I should be reviewing.

Sorry for more newbie questions! Seriously, I've been building these for over 25 years and I don't know the answer.
IF you get the rtr... move the steering servo to throttle, and get a Hitec 7955TG for steering.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I paid $129 for the Hitec 7950s (each) and I love them on unregulated LiPO.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #19
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock212 View Post

if you want to spend less than a $100 , i would remmend a orion vortex vds- 1007 servo. for the steering it has prently of torque, and its pretty fast i would remmend slowing it down on your radio. if you have steering expo on your radio. but i had, zero problems with it .

as for a throttle servo later on if, you want to i would get a diginal servo , i really helps to have, one when you have to make. corrections in the air cause of the speed of it.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well i went the used route got a rtr minus motor and servos and built it up as i would have if id had gotten a roller cost about the same but i put aftermarket upgrades on and that is what i race. I have had no troubles with it my buddy had a rtr truggy and was great is took a first place at his first ever race with it guess i got that motor dialed in for him. anyways get a rtr you will be satisfied
MontanaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote