R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #46
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Have you ever stoped to think how much you really spend on this hobby,
starter boxes,batteries, tools, tool boxes, spares, etc. Keep the receipts for a year and then add it all up.
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #47
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
Have you ever stoped to think how much you really spend on this hobby,
starter boxes,batteries, tools, tool boxes, spares, etc. Keep the receipts for a year and then add it all up.


yea i actually never done that lol. but my guess whould be about $800
the good thing was that i already had the hex tools, and reseaver pack
gell cell.. i try to find the cheapest prices.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #48
Tech Master
 
boomgagem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, GA
Posts: 1,577
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBURCH View Post
15 For fuel....You must be getting quarts LOL
Nah it's $27 a gallon, and I use a little more than half a gallon a race, thats where I got my figure.

I only club race right now though, the PNB will be my first big event. Looks like the CWC will be rained out
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic
 
MontanaMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 876
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
Have you ever stoped to think how much you really spend on this hobby,
starter boxes,batteries, tools, tool boxes, spares, etc. Keep the receipts for a year and then add it all up.
to dang much money as my wife would say i dropped 5k easy last year on stuff and its at least 300 for a weekend of racing at a big event
MontanaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #50
Tech Elite
 
porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: o-h-i-o
Posts: 2,830
Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMaxx View Post
to dang much money as my wife would say i dropped 5k easy last year on stuff and its at least 300 for a weekend of racing at a big event
i wish i spent that lil lol
__________________
charles garten
serpent / novarossi / Desoto Racing / Absolute Hobbyz / ko propo / first turn racing usa / KustomRcGraphics / O'donnell racing fuel / Houstons Engine Service / sweep racing tires
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #51
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

and then we have those who spent $800.00 on a complete race setup??????????????
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #52
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,499
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Or 1k for a couple new speed engines twice last year. The newest 2 are for this season but I've had them since august. And I'm thinking about trying another powerhousercperformanc modded engine. It's beyond addiction.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #53
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I spent 6-7K last year...being my first year buying everything. I will gladly spend that though.... Motor for my real race car is WAY more then that...lol.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #54
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Anyone here racing on a University/College student's budget?
__________________
Team HRC Raceway - http://www.hrcraceway.ca/
Semple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #55
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

this topic came up this past Sunday with the guys we were talking about the insane amount of cash / credit we consume to support this addiction we also talked about all the different ways we were able to hide our purchased from our other half some pointers.

Separate PO Box
Mail to Work / Friends House
Scan and throw receipt away
Side Credit card with paperless statement
Secret RC bank account with paperless statement
Hide cash around the house
Using VISA / Master / Amex gift card load up for your own.
Giving friends cash they transfer into your paypal account.

Its was a funny conversation definitely picked up some tips.
__________________
TEAM: SERPENT AMERICA DRIVER -ADVANTAGE RACING PRODUCTS-COMPETITION HEAT INC - HOBBYPRO, VPPRO - BCE-
Serpent: 811N, 811T, 811E
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #56
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
this topic came up this past Sunday with the guys we were talking about the insane amount of cash / credit we consume to support this addiction we also talked about all the different ways we were able to hide our purchased from our other half some pointers.

Separate PO Box
Mail to Work / Friends House
Scan and throw receipt away
Side Credit card with paperless statement
Secret RC bank account with paperless statement
Hide cash around the house
Using VISA / Master / Amex gift card load up for your own.
Giving friends cash they transfer into your paypal account.

Its was a funny conversation definitely picked up some tips.
+1
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #57
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
this topic came up this past Sunday with the guys we were talking about the insane amount of cash / credit we consume to support this addiction we also talked about all the different ways we were able to hide our purchased from our other half some pointers.

Separate PO Box
Mail to Work / Friends House
Scan and throw receipt away
Side Credit card with paperless statement
Secret RC bank account with paperless statement
Hide cash around the house
Using VISA / Master / Amex gift card load up for your own.
Giving friends cash they transfer into your paypal account.

Its was a funny conversation definitely picked up some tips.

LOL. Well my wife sits at home and shops quite often........I make the money, so as long as the bills are paid....I'm good to go.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #58
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

hello there,

during a month, we have 2 races and few practice sessions, so lets do the math
- 4 sets of tires = 240 bucks
- 2 sets of clutch bearings = 12 bucks
- 1 galon of Byron Gen 3 = 38 bucks
- few parts here and there just to make sure = 30 bucks

about 300 to 350 a month i would say without any major problems (servos, engine, or pricy spare parts)

and thats only for Off-Road

and about the wife thing, she is 100% sure that my MP9, engine, servos, TX, starter Box, batteries, option parts coast 450 bucks all together
hope she doesn't come on rctech.net alot

just an advice, if you are married with a kid, tell your wife this prices list:
1- 1/8 buggy complete 450 bucks
2- 1/10 touring complete 300 bucks
3- any RC engine is 80 bucks
4- a set of tires is 20 bucks
5- a galon of fuel is 10 bucks

do that and you will be happy
also dont forget to take 15% out of the list above when a new baby arrives

cheers

Ali
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #59
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 41
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Wood 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
hello there,

during a month, we have 2 races and few practice sessions, so lets do the math
- 4 sets of tires = 240 bucks
- 2 sets of clutch bearings = 12 bucks
- 1 galon of Byron Gen 3 = 38 bucks
- few parts here and there just to make sure = 30 bucks

about 300 to 350 a month i would say without any major problems (servos, engine, or pricy spare parts)

and thats only for Off-Road

and about the wife thing, she is 100% sure that my MP9, engine, servos, TX, starter Box, batteries, option parts coast 450 bucks all together
hope she doesn't come on rctech.net alot

just an advice, if you are married with a kid, tell your wife this prices list:
1- 1/8 buggy complete 450 bucks
2- 1/10 touring complete 300 bucks
3- any RC engine is 80 bucks
4- a set of tires is 20 bucks
5- a galon of fuel is 10 bucks

do that and you will be happy
also dont forget to take 15% out of the list above when a new baby arrives

cheers

Ali
Seems so complicated. Maybe RC is the reason I have not been married yet.
Mike Wood 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic
 
trackstarlosi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: wildomar, CA
Posts: 751
Default

my ddad spends around 10k a year on my brother and i. thants not including racing every weekend and practice every wednesday haha. who will be at nitro challenge??
__________________
Dylan Elliott

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cebu RC Car Racing Club jpn Manila Racers 14147 05-27-2016 09:01 PM
Townsville Racing - TMORC Forum Sam Contarino Australian Racing 13652 06-16-2015 06:49 AM
Why are so many leaving the hobby? olhipster1 Electric On-Road 285 09-11-2008 09:53 AM
Future of Racing In Florida rcfoolz Florida Racing 19 05-19-2007 05:25 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:34 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net