R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Hit a wall today - Pulling to the left

Hi chaps, I hit a wall with my truggy today. Everything looks to be in order, yet it's now pulling to the left quite markedly. I've had the wheels off, and taken a quick look at everything, but I can find no damage. Put the wheels back on and it's still pulling left.

Is there an adjuster somewhere on the car, that could've been knocked? Or what should I look out for, as there's obviously something causing the problem

Thanks

James
Lawson1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson1024 View Post
Hi chaps, I hit a wall with my truggy today. Everything looks to be in order, yet it's now pulling to the left quite markedly. I've had the wheels off, and taken a quick look at everything, but I can find no damage. Put the wheels back on and it's still pulling left.

Is there an adjuster somewhere on the car, that could've been knocked? Or what should I look out for, as there's obviously something causing the problem

Thanks

James
Bent servo arm? Bent linkage? Damage to the suspension that isn't immediately evident? Bearing problem on the left side?
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks

James
Its probley your trim on your radio check that first.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Everything looks to be in perfect condition :S Ah well, I'll adjust the trim and hope for the best
Old 01-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the chassis bent?

Maybe the servo horn skipped a spline on the steering servo at the time of impact?

If everything was fine before and now it isn't there is an issue - servo trim shouldn't change.
HiVoltg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
Tech Adept

It wouldn't take much of a bend in the steering rod to adjust the steering to that wheel quite alot.

Adjust the steering rod to give you the toe out that you require.

Set the car on a box, turn on ya radio gear and look how the wheels sit. Then adjust so that they both slightly toe out.

Another thing to check is ya suspension. If it's drooping more on one side, the car will pull to one side.
Flipfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Sounds like you stripped a servo horn spline. Dont think so but might have stripped a servo gear alittle and it offset the servo
Old 01-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Check the servo saver too...

If the servo saver is worn or loose it can cock to one side in a crash, take it apart and check for wear or dirt or a loose setting. Put some dry lube on it. The tephlon spray from Lowe's. it works great for stuff like that....
Old 01-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVoltg12 View Post
Maybe the servo horn skipped a spline on the steering servo at the time of impact?
Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
Sounds like you stripped a servo horn spline. Dont think so but might have stripped a servo gear alittle and it offset the servo
I also think the servo horn may have skipped a spline.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sometimes the ball ends move on the shaft also making link longer or shorter which changes the whole alignment i would venture to say its this or servo horn jumped a spline
MontanaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Ok (and I'm new to this, so stay with me) what's a servo horn, and how do i know if it's skipped a spline?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:47 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Ok (and I'm new to this, so stay with me) what's a servo horn, and how do i know if it's skipped a spline?
It's the arm ON the servo. Pull it and check it. Re-center it and away you go. If that don't work look close at the ball ends. Might have pulled one.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Working Man View Post
It's the arm ON the servo. Pull it and check it. Re-center it and away you go. If that don't work look close at the ball ends. Might have pulled one.
If the servo horn skipped a spline, it's trashed. Put a new one on. (Use aluminum... that won't happen again!)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote