R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
I have been breaking parts lately so I thought this would be a good reference on the cost of maintaining your buggy.

Post what buggy you run and the average amount of money you spend on stock parts.

Losi 1.5 B and a Losi 2.0 B

I spend nearly a $100.00 per month on stock and non stock Losi parts. I went back and added up all of purchases from Amain (Parts Only) and spent $887.00 since January 2009.

These figures do not include air filters, or any liquids or hop ups.

dam man $100 in parts ,i ran a whole season, on my losi eight 1.0b and the only thing that i have broken. was the shock cover i bent it ,some how and it also screwed up the o-rings.

and i forgot also i did bend the rear hub, hidge pin. but other than that nothing else broke. and im a sportsman buggy driver lol.

i dont have a local track anymore dued ,to bad management , but the track i go to is about 49 minutes. away and what i do to save money, is bring my own food and drinks.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Stock parts - on my Losi I spent about $25.00 all last year..Now other stuff, bearings, tires, fuel, electronics, I lost track with the first Credit card swipe
Old 01-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I usually spend somewhere between $75-$100 on local (still a 65 mile drive) race weekends. That includes snacks, entry fees, fuel, tires, broken parts, etc. It does not include major purchases: new engine, radio, chasis, servos,etc. Those are all extras. I drive Losi 2.0. Usually run a little less than a half gallon of fuel on a race weekend.
ridein04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Stock parts - on my Losi I spent about $25.00 all last year..Now other stuff, bearings, tires, fuel, electronics, I lost track with the first Credit card swipe
That must be one clapped out floppy losi if you race as much as I do! Or your track is made of a soft wear resistant cheese.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I spend TOO MUCH

But yet, it's not enough
+1

I dare not count how much I spend, I would probably quit.

All I know is my credit card bill has gone through the roof and my pockets are empty! but man I am having fun.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My LHS tells me that in major purchases I spent north of $7000.00 last year and my bill from amain for the year was $3324.95 WOW My name is Rui and I am adictid to rc. I need help
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
I have been breaking parts lately so I thought this would be a good reference on the cost of maintaining your buggy.

Post what buggy you run and the average amount of money you spend on stock parts.

Losi 1.5 B and a Losi 2.0 B

I spend nearly a $100.00 per month on stock and non stock Losi parts. I went back and added up all of purchases from Amain (Parts Only) and spent $887.00 since January 2009.

These figures do not include air filters, or any liquids or hop ups.

austin, if it makes you feel any better since oct 08 ive spent 4268.45 ONLY at a main. Thats tires and parts. No fuel. but i replace when it wears out even if it not broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
dam man $100 in parts ,i ran a whole season, on my losi eight 1.0b and the only thing that i have broken. was the shock cover i bent it ,some how and it also screwed up the o-rings.

and i forgot also i did bend the rear hub, hidge pin. but other than that nothing else broke. and im a sportsman buggy driver lol.

i dont have a local track anymore dued ,to bad management , but the track i go to is about 49 minutes. away and what i do to save money, is bring my own food and drinks.
see, i used to think the way you used to. if it not broke dont replace it. but losi wears fast you gotta replace items a lot to stay on top

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #23
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
austin, if it makes you feel any better since oct 08 ive spent 4268.45 ONLY at a main. Thats tires and parts. No fuel. but i replace when it wears out even if it not broke

see, i used to think the way you used to. if it not broke dont replace it. but losi wears fast you gotta replace items a lot to stay on top

to be honest with you the only wear ,i had on my eight ,1.0 buggy was the axle play and the diff gear, in the diff case. i used one thin shim, to help the play on the diff gear and the axle well i am, gone to fix that on the upcomeing season.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Quote:
to be honest with you the only wear ,i had on my eight ,1.0 buggy was the axle play and the diff gear, in the diff case. i used one thin shim, to help the play on the diff gear and the axle well i am, gone to fix that on the upcomeing season.
trust me, replace o rings, replace arms, replace hinge pins. ANYTHING plastic wears. It may not seem worn but after a season i promise you, more then you think is worn. once the tin coating on hinge pins and shock shafts wear off you need to replace, not doing this on hinge pins can cause little Resistance and not doing this on shock shaft will cause a little bit of fluid to disappear and then you replace your fluid and your a little low. but what do i know

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
Old 01-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #25
Tech Prophet

Quote:
trust me, replace o rings, replace arms, replace hinge pins. ANYTHING plastic wears. It may not seem worn but after a season i promise you, more then you think is worn. once the tin coating on hinge pins and shock shafts wear off you need to replace, not doing this on hinge pins can cause little Resistance and not doing this on shock shaft will cause a little bit of fluid to disappear and then you replace your fluid and your a little low. but what do i know

your right the coating is off the hidge pin and, the shock also mostly on the rear end weird. i have replaced the o-rings, in the shocks during the 09 season.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
your right the coating is off the hidge pin and, the shock also mostly on the rear end weird. i have replaced the o-rings, in the shocks during the 09 season.
ok, losi is wears the fastest of any car. but those main parts that do wear is fairly cheap. I understand your a sportsman, as you go up in "rank" you will need to replace worn parts to stay on top of your game

Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #27
Tech Prophet

Quote:
ok, losi is wears the fastest of any car. but those main parts that do wear is fairly cheap. I understand your a sportsman, as you go up in "rank" you will need to replace worn parts to stay on top of your game

oh yea i know if i was in the pro buggy class ,i would have to replace them parts right away. but why do i have more of the coating ,off the rear shocks and rear inner hidge pins?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
oh yea i know if i was in the pro buggy class ,i would have to replace them parts right away. but why do i have more of the coating ,off the rear shocks and rear inner hidge pins?
You have most Resistance and the ends, your middle should be some what worn to. Do you clean the hole where the hinge pins go?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #29
Tech Prophet

yea the middle of the hidge pin is wear the coating is off, most of the time i did clean the holes in the a-arms. and also on the, hidge pin sometimes i dint just cause, i was being lazy lol.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
yea the middle of the hidge pin is wear the coating is off, most of the time i did clean the holes in the a-arms. and also on the, hidge pin sometimes i dint just cause, i was being lazy lol.
hinge pins arent as important BUT you still should replace when the coating is wearing off, the shocks are more important. What i try to replace are ALL orings once a month or every gallon. all shock shafts and hinge pins when the coating wears and all aarms about every 2 gallons. also keep an eye on diff cups