R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default Mbx5t questions

Hey guys I have a few questions now this may sound stupid but will the mbx6t body fit on the 5t?? Also what set up should be ran on the mbx5t on a fast hard clay track?? Also I have put this in the wtb adds but does any one have a rear bevel and pinion for the 5t?? Thanks for all who post
Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by English365 View Post
Hey guys I have a few questions now this may sound stupid but will the mbx6t body fit on the 5t?? Also what set up should be ran on the mbx5t on a fast hard clay track?? Also I have put this in the wtb adds but does any one have a rear bevel and pinion for the 5t?? Thanks for all who post
Virtually any body can be made to fit anything- I have a TMAXX/REVO body on my XT8. The MBX6T is narrower though... it won't be a "nice" fit, the sides will be pushed out and rubbing on the rock guards.

MBX5T pinion (a.k.a. bevel gear) http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Bevel-Gear-X5T

Ring gear (a.k.a. conical gear)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...l-Gear-46T-X5T

The MBX5T has a tendacy to push. Raise your upper arms, and run as little caster as you can. Soft (thinnest) front swaybar with the ends as far out as you can run them. Go as soft as practical on the front springs and shocks (sorry, I don't know specifics on that... I didn't run the MBX5T... I did run a MBX5 PROSPEC... I liked that buggy with either NO front bar or a thinner bar that I made from "music wire" to help it turn.)

Match the rear shocks to the front, perhaps SLIGHTLY softer for balance, but with that truck you need to concentrate on the front to get it to turn.

Adding weight to the front might help... I'd be tempted (if I were running one) to find a way to move the battery pack up front.

Hope that helps!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote