R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Our 10244 starter bos has been a stout box and has taken over our sales from our starter boxes, 10250 was the leader for years and still is a killer box but the 10244 is smaller, lighter and stronger in power, with the use of lipo batteries on the market and the up in voltage from a gel cell battery it makes for a more powerful source for the new engine to get turned over and the added fact that alot of guys at the track have them and the silder adjustment post can be easily moved quickly from another guy that may have not got his box fully charged to borrow your box for a quick second to get on the track, I myself have done it several times for my fellow drivers, the box will be in this indusrty for a long time to only make it better would have to have accessories added around it like a ignitor holder, screwdriver grip and glow plug case for turbo or standard plug. Shoot even a timer for racing intergrated on the end of the box with a beep timer, Hmmmm! that might be a tought to bring up for the next gen. box.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to lewis666

does anyone know where to get spare starter box wheels for the smd orange box? i would need to know if i was going to get one
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to lewis666

i have found an lrp starter box for sale but dont know if it is any good has anyone tried one and is it very good? does anyone know where to get replacement starter wheels for the lrp starter box from?
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis666 View Post
i have found an lrp starter box for sale but dont know if it is any good has anyone tried one and is it very good? does anyone know where to get replacement starter wheels for the lrp starter box from?
I don't know, but please do yourself a favor and get the blue ofna truggy box. It is worth every penny of the retail price. Then get a cheap 4s1p 2650 Zippy lipo.
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just got a used OFNA blue truggy box from a friend and its having a hard time turning over my RC8T

I got a new 12V battery for it and its all charged up and everything. There is some signs of wear on the wheel but would that really keep it from starting the truck? Where can I get spare wheels for this box??
mxnickj is offline   Reply With Quote