R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Will a Losi clutch bell fit on a Jammin?

Hi - Does anyone know whether I can fit a Losi 8ight clutch bell on my Jammin buggy? I like the idea of using the bigger bearings.
WeatherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post
Hi - Does anyone know whether I can fit a Losi 8ight clutch bell on my Jammin buggy? I like the idea of using the bigger bearings.
I was able to fit the entire losi clutch system on my mbx6. The bell is long so I had squeeze the flywheel as close to the motor as possible,by filing the locking cone down,running bell as close to flywheel as possible. I did get full mesh on the drive sprocket barely. TKO has a bearing set that uses opposing bearings that carries the loads better add the conical bearing washers" you can get all from fast lane graphics for LOSI and regular" best possible setup, with no radial load on center bearing races. Set a perfect gear mesh you should get a full gallon on a set.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
I was able to fit the entire losi clutch system on my mbx6. The bell is long so I had squeeze the flywheel as close to the motor as possible,by filing the locking cone down,running bell as close to flywheel as possible. I did get full mesh on the drive sprocket barely. TKO has a bearing set that uses opposing bearings that carries the loads better add the conical bearing washers" you can get all from fast lane graphics for LOSI and regular" best possible setup, with no radial load on center bearing races. Set a perfect gear mesh you should get a full gallon on a set.
Thanks, those are good suggestions.

Do you have a link for where I can get the conical bearing washers? TKO is sold out right now.
WeatherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post
Thanks, those are good suggestions.

Do you have a link for where I can get the conical bearing washers? TKO is sold out right now.

Here you go the bearings go in a certain way as well as washers,http://shop.fastlanegear.com/TKO-Racing-Products_c9.htm read up, the losi ones look like the balls are the same as the smaller counterparts. I think a very good clutch bell for your Jammin would best with these parts . Ask in Jammin thread heard good things about Racer Edge. I got my Losi system for free with a motor swap. I wouldn't just do the bell.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote