R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Tech Addict
 
WeatherB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto. Ontario
Posts: 664
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Will a Losi clutch bell fit on a Jammin?

Hi - Does anyone know whether I can fit a Losi 8ight clutch bell on my Jammin buggy? I like the idea of using the bigger bearings.
WeatherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post
Hi - Does anyone know whether I can fit a Losi 8ight clutch bell on my Jammin buggy? I like the idea of using the bigger bearings.
I was able to fit the entire losi clutch system on my mbx6. The bell is long so I had squeeze the flywheel as close to the motor as possible,by filing the locking cone down,running bell as close to flywheel as possible. I did get full mesh on the drive sprocket barely. TKO has a bearing set that uses opposing bearings that carries the loads better add the conical bearing washers" you can get all from fast lane graphics for LOSI and regular" best possible setup, with no radial load on center bearing races. Set a perfect gear mesh you should get a full gallon on a set.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
WeatherB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto. Ontario
Posts: 664
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
I was able to fit the entire losi clutch system on my mbx6. The bell is long so I had squeeze the flywheel as close to the motor as possible,by filing the locking cone down,running bell as close to flywheel as possible. I did get full mesh on the drive sprocket barely. TKO has a bearing set that uses opposing bearings that carries the loads better add the conical bearing washers" you can get all from fast lane graphics for LOSI and regular" best possible setup, with no radial load on center bearing races. Set a perfect gear mesh you should get a full gallon on a set.
Thanks, those are good suggestions.

Do you have a link for where I can get the conical bearing washers? TKO is sold out right now.
WeatherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post
Thanks, those are good suggestions.

Do you have a link for where I can get the conical bearing washers? TKO is sold out right now.

Here you go the bearings go in a certain way as well as washers,http://shop.fastlanegear.com/TKO-Racing-Products_c9.htm read up, the losi ones look like the balls are the same as the smaller counterparts. I think a very good clutch bell for your Jammin would best with these parts . Ask in Jammin thread heard good things about Racer Edge. I got my Losi system for free with a motor swap. I wouldn't just do the bell.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies D8 Truggy Greg B Nitro Off-Road 10028 08-16-2017 05:44 PM
New XRAY 808 Philipm Nitro Off-Road 12372 12-08-2015 06:43 AM
8IGHT 2.0! BAUSTIN Nitro Off-Road 14679 09-12-2015 07:58 AM
Losi 8ight building and setup JBRacing Nitro Off-Road 8691 06-27-2011 08:43 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net