Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Which would you choose out of these three vehicles? >

Which would you choose out of these three vehicles?

Which would you choose out of these three vehicles?

Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Which would you choose out of these three vehicles?

I have narrowed my choices down to the jato 3.3, mt2, and hyper 7 black. Which of these three is best and why?

I have a tmaxx 3.3 so I am looking to go with something a little different this time around. Something a little faster thats mostly on road but can go a little off road. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
Old 01-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Going from your requests I would get the Jato.

It's faster than you will ever need to go, and setup right, is awesome offroad too
Old 01-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DTX_Rally
I have narrowed my choices down to the jato 3.3, mt2, and hyper 7 black. Which of these three is best and why?

I have a tmaxx 3.3 so I am looking to go with something a little different this time around. Something a little faster thats mostly on road but can go a little off road. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
Its all going to depend upon your level of expertise in fixing your vehicles and where and how you get parts. If you are just a basher, and like to get parts from your local hobby store, stick with the jato, but look into getting some rpm parts for it. Its also 2 wheel drive, if ya like that, then get it. But it wont handle as good as a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Of the three I would get the hyper. Its better quality vehicle, you may have to order parts online though. If your looking to race, its a better vehicle, its also 4 wheel drive.

The MT2 is a good vehicle also, 4WD and lots of parts.

It going to come down to if you want a buggy or a truggy/monster truck.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

2wd and over powered do not equate to Awesome in the dirt....imo there a Joke on anything but a groomed clay track, they do constant spin out's and are imo worse then a older 1/10 2wd that can actually get around the track without spinning out 1000 times.

Imo the jato is a Speed machine and nothing more....look for around 300'+ to wind it out.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeh its like 50/50 im stuck between the jato and the hyper 7. Only advantage to the jato is the parts availability. But i hear great things about the hyper 7.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Hyper 7 for sure.. Going is a straight line super fast with the Jato would be fun... But not over and over and over and over..
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

IMO Jato's kind of suck...sure they can be fast, but they handle horrible and using their speed is very difficult..IMO if you want speed buy a road car, the Jato sucks in the dirt and is nowhere near as fast as a road car on the concrete...IMO they are a novelty more then anything....... The Revo 3.3 is a Revo 3.3, nothing more to be said.... IMO if your looking for a cool new RC look towards the Losi 10T.....
Old 01-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1

Hyper
MT2
Jato
Old 01-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Dude u would be crazy to get a jato n actually think there gonna b fun. iv been driving 7 years, I can say after my only experience driving a jato I had a headache they never set up straight they just burn the tires left to right n spin out every 30 feet so even for bashing ur gonna have a hard time lining up ur 'big hits' IMO be smart n get something decent with parts support like maybe a d8t that will hold up better then any POS basher and will have great parts support at ur lhs or online n honestly u probly won't b breaking it every 30 minutes like a jato or hyper. It also handles great it kinda has the champion blood running in the family with it's brother being the 2008 ifmar world champion whooop!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

now i dont know what to choose because Im hearing that the hyper 7 has a bad engine and thats its major flaw. Two reviews said that about the hyper 7. And the jato is hard to handle so it probably won't be fun according to you guys. So now I dont know which way to go. Heres my thing i got a gift certificate to tower hobbies and I want to get something fast but is durable and fun. I have a tmaxx 3.3 and I love it now im looking to get something a little more on road and somewhat off road. I was leaning towards the jato but from what ive been hearing the hard to handle and almost make them not worth it. Hows the mt2 is it worth it. I haven't heard anything about it.

Im not really interested in an on road car to me they would be boring if i couldnt do some off road driving so thats the only reason i do not want them. Thats why i just sold my dtx vendetta rally because it was boring to me now im looking for something new. Please any suggestions. How is that traxxas slayer btw???
Old 01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

i might even throw in the slash 4x4 into the mix from the looks of it at the hobby store today
Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Lord

10T would be my choice for you.

everything in 1 and its a Quality Piece.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I own a MT2, MT1, and a Ten-T.

I would go Ten-T all the way!!! Not even close.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will do the math for you on two 4wd trucks I own.

HPI MT2 $329
I wanted a better radio as the one that comes with it sucks.
Spektrum DX2S $199
Total: $529

I have broken hubs, knuckles and a-arms on this truck. Definitely more fragile than the super beefy Ten-T

Losi Ten-T $450
Includes DX3S radio ($250)
3.4 Engine ($150)
So you end up spending about $50 for the rest of the kit which includes Lipo batter and charger for the electronics, tuned pipe, heavy duty turnbuckles, front and rear disc brakes, and other proven parts off the 8ight-T. I have broken nothing off this thing even after thrashing it on the track.

A video of the Ten-T on the track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2D8IZXrKg4
Short 2nd Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZrRvdAsXZw

Bottom line is that the Ten-T is really less expensive and performs much better for the money. I don't think there is a better 1/10 value in RC right now if you care about off road performance. If you just care about straight line blasts, this might not be the right choice.

Don't get me wrong I like the MT2, but the new Ten-T clearly beats it in every way but in aftermarket parts. But that is because it has only been out a month.

Also I know Losi's customer support is friggen awesome. I have no idea how good HPI does with their support.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What exactly is the ten-t supposed to be? A revo killer? If so maybe this can bring life back to the 1/10 monster trucks.

I actually like it. I wonder what it could do with a true big block.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.