Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Nitro Engine Section for Offroad >

New Nitro Engine Section for Offroad

New Nitro Engine Section for Offroad

Old 01-08-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default New Nitro Engine Section for Offroad

The Nitro Onroad section of the site has a whole seperate section for "Exclusive Nitro Engine Zone". It would be nice to add one of these to the offroad section as well. I am not saying people shouldn't be able to ask questions about engines, but just now on the FIRST page of the nitro offroad there was 10 threads just related to engines. It would be a perfect place for the threads

"abc engine thread"
"abc modding company thread"
"which engine should I buy thread" (there's only about 100 of them)

Just an idea, because it would clear up alot of room and quicken browsing through threads if you aren't looking for something engine related.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Mornin' Brandon.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would like to see that happen Brandon.

lets see what we can do.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Hoping a mod sees this threads and opens one up, then deletes this one.

'Mornin back at ya Joey. Wanna race the 16th? Going to Cape Fear, call me if interested.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A mod will see this. If he likes the idea, he will pitch it to the board owners and in all likelihood, they will shoot it down.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I would say a few new threads need to be started an Engine thread and a thread for the ones starting out in the hobby i seen alot of threads about that as well it just a thought.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
The Nitro Onroad section of the site has a whole seperate section for "Exclusive Nitro Engine Zone". It would be nice to add one of these to the offroad section as well. I am not saying people shouldn't be able to ask questions about engines, but just now on the FIRST page of the nitro offroad there was 10 threads just related to engines. It would be a perfect place for the threads

"abc engine thread"
"abc modding company thread"
"which engine should I buy thread" (there's only about 100 of them)

Just an idea, because it would clear up alot of room and quicken browsing through threads if you aren't looking for something engine related.
I agree, the Nitro Off-road section is becoming all about engines, not about nitro off-road vehicles.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

so....what engine should I buy?
Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One which goes bang
Old 01-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

"My friend has one of those abc engines and it rips"

Brandon, good luck with your "abc modding company"!

Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yeah it gets old seeing the whole damn page full of engine questions. Some people just don't feel like searching for their answer. I know a few personally.

But honestly, this is the 11th engine thread.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Many topics for 1 main page

Great idea separating on road engines into its own group, as there are so many areas of focus this offroad engine group i.e Engine maintenance, engine tuning with exhaust and clutch, engine modding, new engine quality, new engine models, old engine models, new engine break in, Engine bearings performance, conrod issues,crankshaft crank pin wear factor, yada yada ###### yada.. Point is the offroad main page could be considered congested for a guys that can afford to buy 2, 3 or 4 engines per year until he has what he likes + IS comfortable running, while the majority are on a budget. Me, I will hear all the stories by email or phone. This week I received a V-Spec piston+sleeve set with 5 gallons , worn less a V-Spec set I just inspected an hour ago with invoice noting 1 gallon .....Same animal two different racers......Offroad Engine Maintenance Topic. RayAracing
Old 01-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Ray- What I'm talking about is a subforum, where it would look just like the nitro offroad but it's ALL engine threads. Not one thread for everything engine related.

People could start whatever they wanted, whether about a brand or how to maintain, or modding, tuning, etc..all in an exclusive zone. I personally like to brouse through threads related to the equipment I run or read things about new stuff coming out, as do most on here I would imagine. When 1/3 of the threads are about engines, they could easily fill up a new forum. I guess it's just a peave of mine when there are already 10 threads about "which is the best engine" and a new one pops up everyday.

It would also work in reverse, if you are a tuner or modder coming on here to help people, you don't have to look through threads pertaining to car or set ups, or "which car to get" threads.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default sub forum

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Ray- What I'm talking about is a subforum, where it would look just like the nitro offroad but it's ALL engine threads. Not one thread for everything engine related.

People could start whatever they wanted, whether about a brand or how to maintain, or modding, tuning, etc..all in an exclusive zone. I personally like to brouse through threads related to the equipment I run or read things about new stuff coming out, as do most on here I would imagine. When 1/3 of the threads are about engines, they could easily fill up a new forum. I guess it's just a peave of mine when there are already 10 threads about "which is the best engine" and a new one pops up everyday.

It would also work in reverse, if you are a tuner or modder coming on here to help people, you don't have to look through threads pertaining to car or set ups, or "which car to get" threads.
Yes, I understood it that way.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think this is a good idea. And honestly i have always wondered why there wasn't an off road engine section like there is for on road...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.