R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default lst2 brushless conversion please help

Hey there thinking of changing my lst2 to brushless if anyone has one thats been done or has seen one and knows the details could you please let me know what kv motor and lipos etc were used. would like the same speed as a nitro one or a bit faster. any input would be great can it be left 2 speed?

michael
gnatsum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatsum69 View Post
Hey there thinking of changing my lst2 to brushless if anyone has one thats been done or has seen one and knows the details could you please let me know what kv motor and lipos etc were used. would like the same speed as a nitro one or a bit faster. any input would be great can it be left 2 speed?

michael

you will get a better answer in the monster truck forum on here .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
Tech Adept

1st off, convert it over to the XXLst. All you need is the main chassis, side rails and 2 center cvd's(cost bout $75). Than that way you can put the battery up front where the throttle and reverse servo were and it will be balanced better than when its in the back in the fuel tank area. I used the HPI motor mount for the savage flux. Theres others out there but there $80 to $100 for the mount the HPI mount is 40. For the rest I used a mamba 2200kv, 25 or 26 tooth pinion(hot bodies makes 26, hpi makes 25) and 4s or 5s thunderpower pack. 4S is just as fast if not a lil faster than the nitro LST. 5S is even faster. U can do backflips from a dead stop and have good all around power.

Brian Webb
Dklst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
Tech Adept

heres a few videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/onelastb.../8/prxyctLYtjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSdUd73O7M4

Brian Webb
Old 01-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25165

here...
Old 01-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Tech Prophet

il be honest with you it doesnt, seem worth spending all that money to convert it but its your money.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dklst View Post
1st off, convert it over to the XXLst. All you need is the main chassis, side rails and 2 center cvd's(cost bout $75). Than that way you can put the battery up front where the throttle and reverse servo were and it will be balanced better than when its in the back in the fuel tank area. I used the HPI motor mount for the savage flux. Theres others out there but there $80 to $100 for the mount the HPI mount is 40. For the rest I used a mamba 2200kv, 25 or 26 tooth pinion(hot bodies makes 26, hpi makes 25) and 4s or 5s thunderpower pack. 4S is just as fast if not a lil faster than the nitro LST. 5S is even faster. U can do backflips from a dead stop and have good all around power.
hey there thanks for the input i am guessing that the ones in the video are single speed? is there any point trying to make it 2 speed? With kv on motors i now have a 2000kv tekin motor will that be okay? someone said that the lower the number the more power but then you see 6000kv motor in mini's can you explain please? do the lipo need to be 30c would 25c 4s be okay? what kinda run time do you get?

michael
gnatsum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:50 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatsum69 View Post
hey there thanks for the input i am guessing that the ones in the video are single speed? is there any point trying to make it 2 speed? With kv on motors i now have a 2000kv tekin motor will that be okay? someone said that the lower the number the more power but then you see 6000kv motor in mini's can you explain please? do the lipo need to be 30c would 25c 4s be okay? what kinda run time do you get?

michael
yes its single speed. It has so much power that you dont need 1st gear. 2speed wouldnt make it any faster. Theres a way to rig up single speed without buying the conversion they sell but its hard to explain. With the motors, the lower the kv usually = more torque. The 2200kv is perfect for the LST. higher kv is usually used in lighter vehicles and the lower kv in heavier vehicles. For the lipo the higher the C rating the better. 25c 4s would be ok but may stress the pack if its now a good brand like thunderpower. I've had a few of the turnigy's swell up from pushing them to hard. Run time is about 15mins. I use a 5s 6000 polyquest but turn my throttle percentage down to 75% when I race it and got 18:30 out of it before it died. Playing with it I run it at 100% and get about 15mins

Brian Webb