Wiki Posts
Search

Hitec 7990HV!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
Not in steering it's not. I know there are better options, but this would be perfecftly fine for steering. I wouldn't recommend it for throttle though.

My 7950HV/JR9100HVt is .12 @ 7.4 I might be off a few, but thats not much faster for steering (to the hand and eye that is). I use the HVs in my throttle.

the difference from .15 to .18 will be a noticeable difference....the .12 to .18 will be Night and day.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

I know between say .06 and .18 the difference you could see, but I was thinking while driving would your really notice .15 to .18.

I was thinking only if you are starring at the car off the ground and playing with the servos, but do you really think it's noticeable when your in the heat of driving?

I don't think I could, but maybe you guys with a few more years under your belt can.

Either way the Magnetic potentiometer is what really caught my eye no telling what Hitec will drop on us next!!

Another reason that you can't go wrong with Hitec is all I was really showing.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know between say .06 and .18 the difference you could see, but I was thinking while driving would your really notice .15 to .18.

I was thinking only if you are starring at the car off the ground and playing with the servos, but do you really think it's noticeable when your in the heat of driving?

I don't think I could, but maybe you guys with a few more years under your belt can.

Either way the Magnetic potentiometer is what really caught my eye no telling what Hitec will drop on us next!!

Another reason that you can't go wrong with Hitec is all I was really showing.

.15 to .18 is noticeable trust me.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I would use this in a big car only the other hv servos with .06 and 223oz are more than enough for steering and throttle on any 1/8th in my mind
Old 01-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

You are correct that the others are way more suited for 1/8th scale. It wasn't the torque that made me post about the servo.

It was the advancement they made to the insides that made me say wow.

I can see this being an insane crawling servo though or a huge monster truck.

The torque was just a bonus to throw out there because I wasn't expecting that much.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

You are correct that the others are way more suited for 1/8th scale. It wasn't the torque that made me post about the servo.

It was the advancement they made to the insides that made me say wow.

I can see this being an insane crawling servo though or a huge monster truck.

The torque was just a bonus to throw out there because I wasn't expecting that much.
I can understand that...but when I get around to owning a big enough truck that servo would def go in it..