R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   New Nitro Engine Section for Offroad (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/358561-new-nitro-engine-section-offroad.html)

Brandon Melton 01-08-2010 06:22 AM

New Nitro Engine Section for Offroad

The Nitro Onroad section of the site has a whole seperate section for "Exclusive Nitro Engine Zone". It would be nice to add one of these to the offroad section as well. I am not saying people shouldn't be able to ask questions about engines, but just now on the FIRST page of the nitro offroad there was 10 threads just related to engines. It would be a perfect place for the threads

"abc engine thread"
"abc modding company thread"
"which engine should I buy thread" (there's only about 100 of them)

Just an idea, because it would clear up alot of room and quicken browsing through threads if you aren't looking for something engine related.

Joey Powell 01-08-2010 06:31 AM

Mornin' Brandon.

Integra 01-08-2010 06:58 AM

I would like to see that happen Brandon. :nod:

lets see what we can do.

Brandon Melton 01-08-2010 07:33 AM

Hoping a mod sees this threads and opens one up, then deletes this one.

'Mornin back at ya Joey. Wanna race the 16th? Going to Cape Fear, call me if interested.

wingracer 01-08-2010 07:35 AM

A mod will see this. If he likes the idea, he will pitch it to the board owners and in all likelihood, they will shoot it down.

DPowers 01-08-2010 08:42 AM

I would say a few new threads need to be started an Engine thread and a thread for the ones starting out in the hobby i seen alot of threads about that as well it just a thought.

Cory Kerber 01-08-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton (Post 6823712)
The Nitro Onroad section of the site has a whole seperate section for "Exclusive Nitro Engine Zone". It would be nice to add one of these to the offroad section as well. I am not saying people shouldn't be able to ask questions about engines, but just now on the FIRST page of the nitro offroad there was 10 threads just related to engines. It would be a perfect place for the threads

"abc engine thread"
"abc modding company thread"
"which engine should I buy thread" (there's only about 100 of them)

Just an idea, because it would clear up alot of room and quicken browsing through threads if you aren't looking for something engine related.

I agree, the Nitro Off-road section is becoming all about engines, not about nitro off-road vehicles.

blktransam 01-08-2010 09:34 AM

so....what engine should I buy? :lol:

Charles Godwin 01-08-2010 09:37 AM

One which goes bang :D

R/C Lidz 01-08-2010 09:40 AM

"My friend has one of those abc engines and it rips" :nod:

Brandon, good luck with your "abc modding company"!

:ha:

boomgagem 01-08-2010 09:56 AM

Yeah it gets old seeing the whole damn page full of engine questions. Some people just don't feel like searching for their answer. I know a few personally.

But honestly, this is the 11th engine thread.

RayA 01-08-2010 10:35 AM

Many topics for 1 main page

Great idea separating on road engines into its own group, as there are so many areas of focus this offroad engine group i.e Engine maintenance, engine tuning with exhaust and clutch, engine modding, new engine quality, new engine models, old engine models, new engine break in, Engine bearings performance, conrod issues,crankshaft crank pin wear factor, yada yada ###### yada.. Point is the offroad main page could be considered congested for a guys that can afford to buy 2, 3 or 4 engines per year until he has what he likes + IS comfortable running, while the majority are on a budget. Me, I will hear all the stories by email or phone. This week I received a V-Spec piston+sleeve set with 5 gallons , worn less a V-Spec set I just inspected an hour ago with invoice noting 1 gallon .....Same animal two different racers......Offroad Engine Maintenance Topic. :nod: RayAracing

Brandon Melton 01-08-2010 11:04 AM

Ray- What I'm talking about is a subforum, where it would look just like the nitro offroad but it's ALL engine threads. Not one thread for everything engine related.

People could start whatever they wanted, whether about a brand or how to maintain, or modding, tuning, etc..all in an exclusive zone. I personally like to brouse through threads related to the equipment I run or read things about new stuff coming out, as do most on here I would imagine. When 1/3 of the threads are about engines, they could easily fill up a new forum. I guess it's just a peave of mine when there are already 10 threads about "which is the best engine" and a new one pops up everyday.

It would also work in reverse, if you are a tuner or modder coming on here to help people, you don't have to look through threads pertaining to car or set ups, or "which car to get" threads.

RayA 01-08-2010 11:21 AM

sub forum

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton (Post 6824799)
Ray- What I'm talking about is a subforum, where it would look just like the nitro offroad but it's ALL engine threads. Not one thread for everything engine related.

People could start whatever they wanted, whether about a brand or how to maintain, or modding, tuning, etc..all in an exclusive zone. I personally like to brouse through threads related to the equipment I run or read things about new stuff coming out, as do most on here I would imagine. When 1/3 of the threads are about engines, they could easily fill up a new forum. I guess it's just a peave of mine when there are already 10 threads about "which is the best engine" and a new one pops up everyday.

It would also work in reverse, if you are a tuner or modder coming on here to help people, you don't have to look through threads pertaining to car or set ups, or "which car to get" threads.

Yes, I understood it that way. :cool:

Colt4g63 01-08-2010 12:36 PM

I think this is a good idea. And honestly i have always wondered why there wasn't an off road engine section like there is for on road...