R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twill9109 View Post
Hello im new to the 1/8 buggy racing scene and i was wondering what engine i should buy. i just finished my hot bodies D8 kit now i need a motor. there are so many out there i really dont know which one would be best for competing. i dont plan on going pro or anything i just race in local clubs and such. i was looking to spend anywhere from 250-300 on a motor(maybe a little over 300).i was looking the other day and i seen the team orion engines i liked the price and looks on those are those any good? so, which engines do you guys think are good? im new to the buggy scene but ive had my share of nitro rc's.
My vote goes to the motor that has a smoooth powerband, low cost to buy, has alot of support in your area and most important is pick the motor you find sexy as hell
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do yourself a favor and dont fall for the you can buy 2 for the price of 1 nonsense. Apples to apples they are not the same. Os is the best beginner motor on the market regardless of which flavor you pick. Easy to tune, no fiddling all day, no flame outs and alot of power to boot. If a motor feels to fast richen it up a tad or change to a softer clutch. Radio adjustmens can also make an undrivable motor controllable.

With this in mind I ran a ninja for 6 gallons last season without one flameout and 10 min runtimes were not that diffucult to achieve. The ninja still has plenty of pinch left and no slop in the bearings or rod.
This was probablly my best rc purchase to date and I feel good recomending OS to anyone who asks.
jnslprd is offline   Reply With Quote