R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Is there any special way to get a wing back to shape?

I have several mugen wings and they are all pretty warped. Is there anything you guys do to get them back in shape??? Or is one of those things where it is what it is?

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

you can try a heat gun, but your better off just buying new
Old 01-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I have several mugen wings and they are all pretty warped. Is there anything you guys do to get them back in shape??? Or is one of those things where it is what it is?
buy a new one

the jconcepts wing is one of the very best i have ever used
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Tech Elite

thats what i thought. I have a j concepts wing on the way.

Painting one of thier bodies right now.

Mugen
Old 01-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
thats what i thought. I have a j concepts wing on the way.

Painting one of thier bodies right now.
you wont be disappointed with the jc wing
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

JC or as dumb it may seem...the Racers Edge wing is Very Durable.....buddy of mine would mangle a proline in days where as his RacersEdge is still alive to this day....its dirty and scratched to he** but its still strait and isn't curled up at the back.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
JC or as dumb it may seem...the Racers Edge wing is Very Durable.....buddy of mine would mangle a proline in days where as his RacersEdge is still alive to this day....its dirty and scratched to he** but its still strait and isn't curled up at the back.
I do like the jconcepts wing but i didnt like how it made my truggy fly in the air. a lot of the time i was having the rear end fly up. I went back to the stock losi wing, yes its not AS durable but i do drive better now a days so im not going thru wings like crazy

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default try a hair dryer

heat it up where it's bent and bend it the other way past where it is supposed to be, hold it there while holding it under cold water and it will set it. It works great for saggy a arms too...I dreamed it up one day when I bent a new a arm on a big triple and decided its worth a try, works great....
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You could try boiling it, and then working it back into the original shape.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Oh i believe you about racers edge products. I have a 13t vented clutch bell that is better then my mugen. Have been using it for over a year and have had zero problems. My mugen one would burn pretty good and wear fast.

Funny the racers edge makes a better clutch bell. I wouldn't run any different one.

Kinda ugly though

Mugen
Old 01-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
I do like the jconcepts wing but i didnt like how it made my truggy fly in the air. a lot of the time i was having the rear end fly up. I went back to the stock losi wing, yes its not AS durable but i do drive better now a days so im not going thru wings like crazy
From a DURABILITY perspective, the JConcepts wing is awesome! Aerodynamically... ummmm... no.

The best wing (from an aerodynamic design perspective) is the stock Associated wing, hands down. It actually works like a wing... the rest are pretty much just parachutes. (The Team Cobra wing is also good aerodynamically, but good luck finding one... I hope they got the plastic formula worked out for better durability now.) The bottom "lip" on the rest of them trips the airflow and takes away from the effectiveness... just like ice buildup does on the leading edge of an aircraft's wing.

And just buy a new wing. They're disposable, like tires.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote