R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
oh i have used ceramic clutch bearings, before i guess i been lucky with the ladings. have u tried the tko high rpm ,clutch bell bearing there also man .

and i tried losi hd clutch bearing and ,that went bad and a losi regular steel bearing and that dint last long .
I have only run TKO "new special" bearings since they were released. I only go through them once every 1.5-2.5 gallons. They are still usable but I choose to replace them just because.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

Quote:
oh i have used ceramic clutch bearings, before i guess i been lucky with the ladings. have u tried the tko high rpm ,clutch bell bearing there also man .

and i tried losi hd clutch bearing and ,that went bad and a losi regular steel bearing and that dint last long .
Ive been using also Losi bearings and it was a nightmare, had to changed them every 1/2 gallon or so. Hopefully a good ceramic bearing or the TKO high rpm will do better.
Zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #18
Tech Prophet

trust me as long as you set the, end play on the clutch right the tko will be smooth for a long time.

i run a ceramic bearing in the inside ,of the clutch bell and the outside i use the tko high rpm bearing. now i do use 2 carbons ,and two alum with green on the carbon and gold, on alum so that probety helps it a lot.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Try these bearings out! Boca Bearing's Ceramic hybrid full complement = no retainer inside the bearing, just balls. I have great sucess with these, lasting 3+ gallons in my Losi 8ight 2.0 vehicles. You really don't want rubber seals, they cause drag which turns into heat. I had a set of these bearings survive a clutchbell that the teeth got shredded. They cost a little more but will last ALOT longer then these other bearings!

http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as...=SMR105C-ZZ/FC
aaron joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

dont you have to clean the clutch bell, bearings alot if they dont have a rubber seal? i run seal ones but my clutch, setup proberty doesnt create alot of heat?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have avid bearings now and i must say they are the suck. Wheel bearings lock up and clutch bearings fall apart at just about any given time.

I have a few tubes of them. I am going with mugen or tko bearings. THe mugen wheel bearings last forever, and the wheel bearings even longer. But i am pleased with tko, so i think i will try them.

With 1$ bearings you get what you pay for.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

yea no kidding on the $1 clutch bearings lol.

even the more expesive losi hd failed on me who knows maybe thats really a $1 bearing lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
dont you have to clean the clutch bell, bearings alot if they dont have a rubber seal? i run seal ones but my clutch, setup proberty doesnt create alot of heat?
I don't clean them out really, I pull my clutch apart every race day before the main to clean the shoes and clutchbell. I inspect the bearings and clean the outside with a clean rag and give them a drop of lube and put em back in. Im very meticulous with my equipment and keep it as clean as possible.
aaron joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #24
Tech Prophet

oh ok yea i wish i was like you ,cleaning the shoes before the main etc.
i do all that, after i race when i get home.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mugen

The mugen bearings are really good. I don't understand how you get locked up wheel bearings from the Avid bearings though. I don't really see the need to clean and lube anything but the clutch bearings. I just replace them during cleaning. Why throw out an expensive bearing. I do agree with the mugen bearings, they are sealed good, and greased. they will last a long time....
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #26
Tech Prophet

belive it or not i just wipe off the, clutch bearing and not oil them and they seem fine.

i do use rubber sealed ones though,if i used the metal sheided ones i would lightly oil them.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tc5 man

So what clutch bearings do you use? I have the 808 and they use a weird size one mm smaller than the big losi bearing size. I like the rubber sealed ones too. One less thing...