R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #31
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyrob View Post
Ok man what is the link to the product you use i guess ill ebay one more time. I tryed to find it no luck and $100 is pretty high. Does it come with everything u need the 2.9 and the 3mm inserts. Thanks for all ur help

Come's with everything you need except Red Liquid Loctite which you'll need to have....check the MBX6 Link i posted on how to use it and a small tip to get it to work better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...motiveQ5fTools
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Thanks a ton man i well be buying one. Thanks Speedy
Speedyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #33
Tech Adept

Ordered my chain breaker ill report how i like it.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Default Chainbreaker

Integra i have a ? about the chainbreaker should the 2.9mm pin go thru the round piece at the end you use to push out the pin. I dont want to mess anything up the pin stops when it hits it. So do drill that out so the pin can go in an out. Got no intructions and trying to figure everything out. Products is very nice and i know its going to save me money in the long run. I talking about the round piece the screws off looks like thats what pushes pin in an out not the little 2.9mm pin? Thanks Speedy
Old 01-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #35
Tech Lord

Quote:
Integra i have a ? about the chainbreaker should the 2.9mm pin go thru the round piece at the end you use to push out the pin. I dont want to mess anything up the pin stops when it hits it. So do drill that out so the pin can go in an out. Got no intructions and trying to figure everything out. Products is very nice and i know its going to save me money in the long run. I talking about the round piece the screws off looks like thats what pushes pin in an out not the little 2.9mm pin? Thanks Speedy

USE the 2.9 pin....Drill out the little insert that goes in the bottom....blah here's the pics...

Here's all the parts laid out...you obviosuly want the 2.9 press pin as we are pressing out 3mm pins.

Spring goes on the press pin

Press pin goes in the main housing followed by the press pin bolt

the piece that goes underneath the bone needed a little counter sinking and to be drilled out to allow a 3mm pin to pass through....so i did a little and the bone sat Much nicer then it did with the stock countersink....not essential to do this...but it helped.

Bone mounted and ready to press out.

when re-installing a new pin Make sure to clean the hole with some alcohol or nitro spray or some type of degreaser to ensure the bone is clean and ready for Liquid Red Loctite....apply it liberally as it wont hurt anything....squeeze it inside the bone and on the pin.....1 side of the bone will "hold" the pin a little better then the other...press it in with your finger's and mount the bone in the press....now Back off the press pin to "capture" the pin in the main housing of the press...this will ensure it doesn't go cock eyed or crooked...and basically press it in....once the press pin starts to expose itself tighten everything up a little and use some caliper's to measure both sized.....it can be a little tricky to get it 1000% perfect....so if its .1mm off...dont worry about it.

Any Q's Lmk.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 01-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #36
Tech Adept

HMM, intresting!!! My ghetto engineering mind is making me think I can make one of these......
Spektrum
jjshbetz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Iv read that i drilled the little piece so the dogbone sits better. But the 2.9mm rod that you are supost to use well not go all the way thru the round cap at the of the unit the opening on the round cap is to small. Should i open the hole in the cap to allow the 2.9mm pin to go thru it making contact with the pin you are going to try and push out? Thanks Speedy I got no intruction i know it simple but that pin not going thru the cap got me confused ?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #38
Tech Lord

Quote:
Iv read that i drilled the little piece so the dogbone sits better. But the 2.9mm rod that you are supost to use well not go all the way thru the round cap at the of the unit the opening on the round cap is to small. Should i open the hole in the cap to allow the 2.9mm pin to go thru it making contact with the pin you are going to try and push out? Thanks Speedy I got no intruction i know it simple but that pin not going thru the cap got me confused ?

Drill it....I honestly dont remember that being an issue on my unit...but your going to have to drill it to allow the 2.9 pin to pass.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Thanks a ton man didnt want to mess up $50. Didnt get any instructions. You have been a great help to me bud and thanks to you ill save tons of money. Speedy
Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #40
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have been reading all of this for some time now and
could not make up my mined but I went with the hudy one
and yes it is a bit more but it works like a champ just a couple
of wakes with a hammer and you are done
my two cents
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #41
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary View Post
I have been reading all of this for some time now and
could not make up my mined but I went with the hudy one
and yes it is a bit more but it works like a champ just a couple
of wakes with a hammer and you are done
my two cents

and when its .1mm too far to one side, what do you do ?....a Light tap/med tap that doesn't do anything...lol...sorry but using a hammer to replace pins is imo wrong and Not to mention the shock your putting the CV through. Hudy or not a Chain breaker is a much friendlier way to do it.