Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Lutz is out. Blew another servo.
I don't understand why people come into this thread and try to make up some servo problems??
Old 11-14-2010, 07:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So Lutz had a flame out? That sucks! Hopefully Ryan will jump on here soon and give us some feedback on the car and his overall experience at the worlds.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Well, despite all the problems he had, he was one of the fastest guys around, and that's quite good given all the great cars and drivers at the race.
So Ryan, i hope you're feeling good about the car and the result, i think it's a great start with the new team!

BTW, i think all the servo talk this days is way out of line. Come on, the car has been running with Hupo, Gerd and some UK drivers for a while(not to mention all the testing as a prototype for the last 3-4 years) and had no problems at all. Hupo even won the german nats! But suddenly Ryan has ONE servo problem and let's take the DNX down everybody...
Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chirivita
Well, despite all the problems he had, he was one of the fastest guys around, and that's quite good given all the great cars and drivers at the race.
So Ryan, i hope you're feeling good about the car and the result, i think it's a great start with the new team!

BTW, i think all the servo talk this days is way out of line. Come on, the car has been running with Hupo, Gerd and some UK drivers for a while(not to mention all the testing as a prototype for the last 3-4 years) and had no problems at all. Hupo even won the german nats! But suddenly Ryan has ONE servo problem and let's take the DNX down everybody...
Understandably, the most rational course of action would be to wait for a proper report on what exactly happened, at the very least so that people can make a better informed decision with regards to buying the car. I mean realistically, Maifield & Savoya also each had at least one servo go down in cars that aren't known to be hard on electronics, and given the extremely harsh track conditions, you have to expect things like this.

You need to understand though that people are also still very sensitive over the toasting servo issues with the Serpent. Many people assumed based on past experiences that a car wouldn't be released unless it was reasonably tested and relatively problem-free, and I just think that people aren't too keen on having to be guinea pigs a second time around.

I mean, if you break a suspension arm or a ball linkage fails it's still a very manageable expense, but a servo is roughly $100 a pop, so 2 or 3 consecutive failures like that means not only a DNF, but a pretty substantial financial expense on top of all the other usual racing expenses, so I can see both sides of the issue here.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apex-racing
Just saying.... hitec servos suck, had so many fail on me, just sayin thats all
Sounds like you are having issues then... i have NEVER once had any of my 10 Hitec's go bad.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chirivita

I'm with you, If any one that watch the Worlds all week with all access like I did will understand that the track conditions in times where very bad that can make any servo fail in a specific situation, besides others buggys had servo problems also and no one ar talking bad about the buggy. Is been almost a year that this buggy is racing in EU and winning big races with no problems. Remember NEOBUGGY, Manufactures Chap. any servo problems? NOPE. Lets wait what the man have to said of his experience with the buggy in the Worlds and stop the negative comments without a base. And for the Fanboys, There is a lot of great buggys out there now, get a HB Hara ed. is second in the Worlds if that make you feel like a champ. I'm still getting this 408 to run over you, lol
Old 11-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

I just wish they would release this thing already so we can try it for ourselves the novalty is wearing off might just keep running my mugen.....
Old 11-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just wish they would release this thing already so we can try it for ourselves the novalty is wearing off might just keep running my mugen.....
I hear you on this man. I'm about ready to just buy the Serpent when the updated radio tray comes out. Why don't they take a little longer and lose some more sales. There are like 20 buggy manufacturers. This thing better not have any issues big or small when it comes out because they have taken so freaking long to release it. I actually e-mailed Durango and they said it would be the end of the month before it was released in the states.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Understand he's also running the new RSX KO's so it could be entirely be a bad servo. I remember the issues Hitec had/has with the 7940/7950 intitially...
Old 11-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Sounds like you are having issues then... i have NEVER once had any of my 10 Hitec's go bad.
2+ that Hitec is probably the best robust servo made never had a failure period been running them for a few years but these are the 79 series. Ive also ran Futaba (Still DO), Air, AE etc had failures knock on wood on the hitec.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

To be fair, the late November release window was confirmed many months ago.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

So I drove the car in Worlds without any issues with servos. I'm using the new Savöx HV servos and they seems to perform very nicely. Also what i understood was that the "servo issue" was just a problem with the wires so
the car itself does not brake servos like Serpent did so all the speculation can end here.

Anyway it's a nice car, very stable, jumps well, responds well to the setup changes etc. Also the car took some serious hits during the week and survived nicely. Some speculated about the wing holding and I can confirm it takes what ever you throw at it. It will be a strong contender.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

i know the buggy is not even out yet but any rumors of them making a truggy?
Old 11-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G_WORD
i know the buggy is not even out yet but any rumors of them making a truggy?
i'm guessing yes cause lutz likes to drive both. he probably would not have picked durango if there was not a truggy in the future.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No Truggy in the pipe line as of now.
From a durango source

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.