Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Limited parts support would fall directly on HRP ( the US distributor ) it seems that they have a deal with A main for them to get most of the parts and product while the Local Hobby shops get to fight over the scraps. It was for this reason that we declined to carry any of the Durango products at our shop. They asked to us to "buy in" but told us we were forbidden to sell it online. a week later it was available online at A main. When I called to complain they told me they had a "special agreement" with A main that does not concern any of their other dealers. I will refuse to run or support Durango unless they step in and break up the monopoly on their product here in the USA. It seems to me that HRP is trying to help A main put all the local shops out of business
If they running the business like you mention here, I'll take my business to someone else, looks like a great buggy but not support when business are running like that. There is enuff people supporting this hobby, every hobby shop can have a good piece of the cake.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Limited parts support would fall directly on HRP ( the US distributor ) it seems that they have a deal with A main for them to get most of the parts and product while the Local Hobby shops get to fight over the scraps. It was for this reason that we declined to carry any of the Durango products at our shop. They asked to us to "buy in" but told us we were forbidden to sell it online. a week later it was available online at A main. When I called to complain they told me they had a "special agreement" with A main that does not concern any of their other dealers. I will refuse to run or support Durango unless they step in and break up the monopoly on their product here in the USA. It seems to me that HRP is trying to help A main put all the local shops out of business
if thats the case.. i may be looking into 'THE CAR'
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Someone needs to email Durango and have them read this thread. I like Amain, but I do not like what they "seem" to be doing to the LHS's. Just more dumbass BS in this hobby. I "was" looking at this car and knew most small shops would not have parts, but I thought it would be the LHS's choice, not strong-armed out of it.

What is wrong with people?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I myself was very disappointed, also. I was very excited to stock and run the new Durango. There are things about it that are cutting edge and I really felt like not only would it be a great buggy for me to drive but also sell very well and help the shop make some money. The funniest part was that I was told that they had a "buy In" specifically so they can help the LHS and prevent it from getting price slashed and ebayed to death.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
I "was" looking at this car and knew most small shops would not have parts, but I thought it would be the LHS's choice
They did give us a choice, we buy into the Durango Electric Buggy with a full compliment of parts, but we are forbidden to sell it online ( which was understandable) if you do that you then become entitled to carry the Nitro stuff when it is released sometime in the next 6 months, but then a few days later A main has it online and I am told they have special rules. That was when I said no thanks, you can keep it.

I may lose my HRP account over this but I am so pissed I cant even begin to explain it. To put the LHS's on the spot like that but then give free reign to A main is just bull#*@*
Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

They did give us a choice, we buy into the Durango Electric Buggy with a full compliment of parts, but we are forbidden to sell it online ( which was understandable) if you do that you then become entitled to carry the Nitro stuff when it is released sometime in the next 6 months, but then a few days later A main has it online and I am told they have special rules. That was when I said no thanks, you can keep it.

I may lose my HRP account over this but I am so pissed I cant even begin to explain it. To put the LHS's on the spot like that but then give free reign to A main is just bull#*@*
I would be interested to know what shop you are working with and who you have been going over these details with at HRP. I think you're quite a bit confused.

Just to clarify, this dealer program is meant to support those shops dedicated to the hobby, the racing scene in particular. With any "new" or "exotic" brand part of the trouble with establishing them in the states is parts support at a local hobby shop. Read any "exotic" kit review in any mag and this is the first negative. Requiring shops that chose to participate in the program to purchase less than $500 bucks of parts to stock on the wall in order to support the hobbyist that was willing to spend the money on the kit isn't that much to ask.

Here are a few examples of how we have given support to shops through this program-

Dealer Locator on Team Durango.com and HRPdealer.com

team-durango.com/hrp-dealers

hrpdealer.com/tddealer.html

We have also recently placed Team Durango ads listing the first 40 or so shops in the country that were willing to support the brand early enough to get the creative done before mag deadlines.

hrpdist.com/durango/dealeradsmall.jpg

Limiting the online sellers is meant to ensure that brick and mortar hobby shops could support the products without fear of anyone with an ebay account blowing them out at the lowest price, which is unfortunately becoming the norm in this industry.

HRP will be stocking the entire line of products with full parts support for every release by Team Durango, with equal parts availability for those who decide to stock it and we are extremely excited to be a partner with the brand in the US.

Anyone with any further questions or concerns can be sent to me directly at

[email protected]

HRP and ,unfortunately Team Durango, have been bashed pretty hard here for what appears to be a misunderstanding.

Anyone who has immediate inquiries and would like to discuss these details please call my office directly at
1-866-855-5566 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-866-855-5566******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Leave a message and I will call you back.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Lord

Jason, you neglected to tell everyone that A main is the only retailer that is allowed to sell online. Having special rules for one individual retailer is not fair by any means
Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacersEdge1
I would be interested to know what shop you are working with and who you have been going over these details with at HRP. I think you're quite a bit confused.
-Well either Jaz240 stated the facts accurately or he didn't. Which is it?

Just to clarify, this dealer program is meant to support those shops dedicated to the hobby, the racing scene in particular.
-And all are treated equally, except some dealers are more "equal" than others, yes?

With any "new" or "exotic" brand part of the trouble with establishing them in the states is parts support at a local hobby shop. Read any "exotic" kit review in any mag and this is the first negative. Requiring shops that chose to participate in the program to purchase less than $500 bucks of parts to stock on the wall in order to support the hobbyist that was willing to spend the money on the kit isn't that much to ask.
-Most distributors have minimum order requirements, this is not the problem. It's all the other little requirements like "oh, by the way, you can't sell HERE, THERE or for less than SO-AND-SO. "

Here are a few examples of how we have given support to shops through this program-

Dealer Locator on Team Durango.com and HRPdealer.com

team-durango.com/hrp-dealers

hrpdealer.com/tddealer.html

We have also recently placed Team Durango ads listing the first 40 or so shops in the country that were willing to support the brand early enough to get the creative done before mag deadlines.

hrpdist.com/durango/dealeradsmall.jpg

Limiting the online sellers is meant to ensure that brick and mortar hobby shops could support the products without fear of anyone with an ebay account blowing them out at the lowest price, which is unfortunately becoming the norm in this industry.
-The politically-incorrect term for what you just described is called market manipulation. Heaven forbid that there should be a free market with **ghasp** actual competition! There have been online retailers for close to 15 years now and before them there were mail-order shops. Funny how I could order a kit or parts from half-way around the world, pay a premium for shipping and still get merchandise for less than what it sells for locally--before taxes! Now I'm no expert here, but do you think it's possible that some people are just, umm, you know... Better at managing a business and minimizing overhead? If some local hobby shops have fallen on hard times in recent years, perhaps they should re-evaluate their business plan and customer service program.

Speaking only for myself, I'm happy to buy local whenever I can and often do, but I will not pay more to be treated like a dimwit by the 16 year-old know-it-all behind the counter who thinks that I should just get BRAND B and not question his ill-informed sales rhetoric.

HRP will be stocking the entire line of products with full parts support for every release by Team Durango, with equal parts availability for those who decide to stock it and we are extremely excited to be a partner with the brand in the US.

Anyone with any further questions or concerns can be sent to me directly at

[email protected]

HRP and ,unfortunately Team Durango, have been bashed pretty hard here for what appears to be a misunderstanding.

Anyone who has immediate inquiries and would like to discuss these details please call my office directly at
1-866-855-5566 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-866-855-5566******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Leave a message and I will call you back.
-In the end, it's your product and you can make whatever rules you want, but don't be surprised if your policies come back to haunt you later: it's a saturated market and people have lots and lots of brands to choose from.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

problem is and i think its a BIG problem, the company is based outta usa? so say theres a problem,and we need a warranty part, as its a new kit im sure theres gonna be alot of that going around, what are customers supposed to dowait for overseas, or deal with hrp who will say they dont have BUT amian has a plethera, so they save on that end as well, <whos a distributor> thats why i run serpent, serpent usa.etc..novarossi USA etc....and after reading what jazz posted, i was for sure going to get one, but previouslly owning a shop for 10 years, i WOULD NEVER SUPPORT THE MONOPOLY i try as hard as possible NOT to order from amain, did u guys know they were first a online shop, NOT brick n mortor yet companys like HRP were selling to them, when i had to get a store,number etc...before i could even see the pathetic pricing, i mean u could get shit from tower cheaper with theier coupons, the ON-LINE killed LHS, and in my opinion thats the hobby, i used to have people all day long come in and be like can you help me with this kit i bought on line for 10$ cheaper, call me what u will but i sent them elsewhere in order to support the cause!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Any racer who enjoys organized racing at a track with a LHS should be smart enough to support that establishment. Anyone can get cheap parts off e-bay all day long but they're worthless without a local place to race.

Oh if only people were that sensible.

Based on the fact that you'll never put an end to individuals breaking the kits down and selling the parts for cheap on e-bay, the ban on brick-and-mortar LHS sales makes little sense to me. Unless of course Durango or HRP received a payment from A-Main to guarantee their online monopoly.

I have to be honest, this issue does put a damper on my lust for this buggy.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Its their product they can set the rules how they wish, although if what Jaz stated is accurate thats pretty sad. I cannot say how bad I really hate it for lhs's in this day and time, with people barely getting by and still trying to enjoy what they can, they must do it as cheap as possible. I too am willing to pay a little more at my lhs who's prices are still extremely fair, but if I am looking for a certain part and not in a hurry for it there are certain instances where I can save myself several bucks, and I do so, we are crazy not too this day and time.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
Its their product they can set the rules how they wish, although if what Jaz stated is accurate thats pretty sad. I cannot say how bad I really hate it for lhs's in this day and time, with people barely getting by and still trying to enjoy what they can, they must do it as cheap as possible. I too am willing to pay a little more at my lhs who's prices are still extremely fair, but if I am looking for a certain part and not in a hurry for it there are certain instances where I can save myself several bucks, and I do so, we are crazy not too this day and time.
Exactly. What i dont understand is the guy's who condemn us "online" shoppers.

I shop at both. If my lhs is out (which my LHS is 2 hous away), then i buy online.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

All well and good....but the buggy is vaporware right now folks. Who cares at this point if the buggy is just a picture..... . I'm looking for a release date of 2011. It shouldn't take this long to release a buggy .
Old 08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Lord

My apologies to anyone who was offended by my ranting. I was in no way meaning to attack Team Durango or their products. All indications point to their new Nitro buggy being completely cutting edge and should be an awesome kit once released. I know their electric buggies are tops on the market as well. I was just ranting because I was very dissapointed in the fact that there are different rules for different dealers, as well as the fact that 80% of our sales are on line sales. I just can't understand why one shop is allowed to sell online while the rest of us have to wait for walk in business
Old 08-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was thinking of getting it, don't get me wrong I use A-main if a part I need is not supported by my LHS, but since A-main is so special regarding Team Durango, I will keep my MP9. By the way my LHS will match or beat a-main prices and I am in Canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.