Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For all those that can't stand the front mounted rear shocks:

"More tuning options; on the DNX408 it is easy to switch the rear arms around (shocks out back) to change weight bias and range of wheelbase adjustment. This feature gives the widest range of wheelbase adjustment of any car. We doubt you will need this feature, but no harm in keeping options open."
Old 01-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I hope that Durango runs as good as it looks. All the other cars officially look like crap now.

Talk about a shelf queen. I may have to buy one just for display in my office.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

This car slightly makes me want to get back into nitro. Or find a way to convert it. $700 is n where near what I though it would cost, with the dex 4wd 10th scale costing $650 I thought this car would be like $1000. I never seen quality craftsmanship like this before ever. The Srpent car looks good to but not like this. E-conversion anyone LOL, I am sure thy will make 1.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Anyone have an idea how soon they release there product after there prototype release?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik
This car slightly makes me want to get back into nitro. Or find a way to convert it. $700 is n where near what I though it would cost, with the dex 4wd 10th scale costing $650 I thought this car would be like $1000. I never seen quality craftsmanship like this before ever. The Srpent car looks good to but not like this. E-conversion anyone LOL, I am sure thy will make 1.
my thoughts exactly... i dont want to run nitro but that car makes a great argument
Old 01-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
To me it looks like Serpent/Billy took the basic concepts from the Gerds design and changed the lay-out a bit not to look like a direct copy. We can speculate what we want since we don't have the real first hand info and we can be sure we get different answers based on who we ask.
durango car certainly looks cool for sure and has some pretty sweet ideas

but i can assure you that it is the other way around with the stuff you see that is similiar...and thats first hand info
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

look how the sway bars are facing in instead of outside. It's almost like they tried to do everything different. Lets see some reviews on how it drives and handles/durability.

you will be able to tune chassis flex as well.

I also like the angled droop screws. Little things like that show that it was designed by a true racer who ever the person may be.

6 screws and you have the diffs and driveshaft in your hands.

No more taking all the bones out to clean/change wheel bearings.

No hole for the center diff.

It comes with a memory 1 piece engine mount. I had to buy a king headz for 50$

reinforced shock tower.

more weight cut off the rear end.

A milled 5mm chassis, i am on my third mugen chassis because they keep bending (although king headz solved most of this)

no more screws flush with the bottom of chassis.

rear end will not need a skid plate.

and there is more. I sincerely hope other car manufactures take notice. Lot of common sense stuff on the model that we have all been scratching our hands wondering why it hasn't been done.

Capitalism at it's best. Competition in the market place breeds a better product.

It is pricey though. but looks worth every penny.

I am curious to see the actuall diffs/clutch and gear ratio.

Xray and mugen will have to step to the plate.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wont believe the hype over this buggy till I see it perform or win races, sorry Im performance driven not by the looks
Old 01-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I hope that Durango runs as good as it looks. All the other cars officially look like crap now.

Shelf queen! BAH This thing is a work of art. I want one BAD! Cant believe I might actually drive something besides my xray. We will see if it is impossible to get parts for.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
look how the sway bars are facing in instead of outside. It's almost like they tried to do everything different. Lets see some reviews on how it drives and handles/durability.

you will be able to tune chassis flex as well.

I also like the angled droop screws. Little things like that show that it was designed by a true racer who ever the person may be.

6 screws and you have the diffs and driveshaft in your hands.

No more taking all the bones out to clean/change wheel bearings.

No hole for the center diff.

It comes with a memory 1 piece engine mount. I had to buy a king headz for 50$

reinforced shock tower.

more weight cut off the rear end.

A milled 5mm chassis, i am on my third mugen chassis because they keep bending (although king headz solved most of this)

no more screws flush with the bottom of chassis.

rear end will not need a skid plate.

and there is more. I sincerely hope other car manufactures take notice. Lot of common sense stuff on the model that we have all been scratching our hands wondering why it hasn't been done.

Capitalism at it's best. Competition in the market place breeds a better product.

I am curious to see the actuall diffs/clutch and gear ratio.

Xray and mugen will have to step to the plate.
3 chassis

i hate to tell you, but thats not the cars fault
Old 01-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated

+1

I know that 1/8 scale is all about performance and all, but man this thing is a work of art! Kudos to Team Durango I can stare at this thing all day long.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I beg to differ on that one point. Considering all the CNCed parts and engraving, I'm somewhat amazed that they can sell the car for so cheap.

I've had an XRAY 808, and currently have an MBX-6 and K car MP9; the latter being stupid expensive, especially considering that the craftsmanship for the two former cars is considerably better and significantly cheaper. When you list out everything you get with the Durango as STANDARD equipment, it comes out to less than a comparably option-laden regular buggy.

Does this guarantee that it will perform as well as it looks? Most certainly not, but Durango seem to have always put forth very competitive machines, even way back when you couldn't buy their cars, even if you wanted to. Also, in as much as this project has been around for quite a few years, I dare think that they were able to hone the car's handling to optimum levels with all the testing they've done during that time.

I'm not so much worried about Durango as I am about every other buggy maker out there
Old 01-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

This car WILL change the face of 1/8 buggy. Gauranteed. As long as it is supported that is. I'm speaking for the US market. I see so many things that I absolutely love about it. It looks so simple yet so tough.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

If there is any kind of parts support, I will definitely try it out. Definitely a game changer design wise.

I hope they put as much thought in to a electric version. I will probably do a frankenstein conversion when it first comes out.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
3 chassis

i hate to tell you, but thats not the cars fault
Actually it is. I know 3 people that run a MBX6 all three had the chassis's bend within the first few gallons of fuel threw the car the exact same way. They replaced the Stock chassis's with BCE's and no more problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.