Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
Got any pics of your ride? We can never have too many pics
I'll try to get some pics here ASAP.
Poinas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #1232
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hey ryan when you coming back out to rev? would like to check that car out in person
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #1233
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Ryan nice go see you home safe. That ko servo that went was it one of the new hv servos? Just wondering. Thanks.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #1234
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

Frank, it was a new RSx. Plastic cover version.
itbvolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #1235
Tech Adept

Ryan, thanks for letting everyone know how things played out. You could have made the podium in the A-main if it was not for some bad luck – it’s amazing the pace you showed considering it was only the 3rd time out with the car and on such a killer track. It was nice to see some of the top names hanging around the Team Durango pit area looking worried by your pace

As a senior manager at Team Durango, I’d like to add to some of the comments and concerns above.

Launch dates - We’ve consistently said we won’t launch the production car until its ready – it may cost us some customers in the short term (sorry to anyone who has needed jump into another car) but we respect our customers and never intend to use them as test guinea pigs with their hard earned cash. The good news is the DNX408 is READY and only days away from shipping out of the factory – I’ll start another thread with launch date info and production car photos.

Spur gears – Like Ryan says this appears to be user error or bad luck. Many people, even top pro’s, in all tyres of cars had engine moving issues; it was a brutal track if you got it wrong.

Throttle servos – We’ve run prototypes and pre-production 408 buggies for around 2 years now with the throttle servo where it is on the production car and we’ve had no problems.

As Ryan says we need to understand more about why his servos went down and the situation is clouded by his carb sticking issues and the servo wire crimping problem. Also, Ryan was running the new KO RSX “power” servo on his throttle which Team Durango have no experience of, as they have just arrived on the market. They looks like great servos, Cody used them, but we know these servos use more power to generate the massive torque they do, so it’s likely that the motors run at a higher temp than normal 8th buggy servos – more investigation required, as the goal posts may have just moved for this particular servo.

Pattaya was an exceptional track, with exceptional heat 100F in the shade (38c), in reality we had very few problems; almost all the 408 drivers ran trouble free all week. The car was strong and fast and so the DNX408 is ready for release.

Some context – we did not have one single steering servo go down, where as many brands of cars had loads fail on them; way more issues than we had with the throttle. I remember them also having many problems at Neo buggy on the big jumps. Somehow people accept steering servo’s getting broken, but let’s hope for balance and that these established companies are having their clearly inadequate servo savers scrutinised too. After all steering servos and throttle servos cost the same.

We feel that throttle servo placement is a ‘hot’ topic right now (sorry ) due to recent problems experienced by other company’s cars. We would like to point out the servo in the 408 lies down with only the base of the servo anywhere near the engine mount, it's not against the engine itself. It is not stood up with the whole side of the servo against the engine, like on some cars which recently had problems.

Throttle servos are only affected by vibration or heat – both problems are easy to deal with and we will post a tech tip on our website for racers who may be concerned. We may even offer some options for use in the hottest countries.
TeamDurango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #1236
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Ryan compared to your old ride to new what is the biggest improvement also many people have a lot of curiosity with new braking system can you explain the differences from a tradition brake setup verse the Durango
I would say the biggest improvement for me is the lower CG. The car just feels stable and planted. You can feel the low CG. Not at all Tippy.
The brake system actually isn't very different. It just has the single brake linkage (just like the Tamiya did) where you adjust the front to rear bias using the turnbuckle. (tighter for more rear brake and open it up for more front bias). One cool thing though is instead of having the brake cams where only the corner of the cam hits the brake pad to move it, the Durango uses a cylinder that gets pressed against the brake pad right in the middle of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbvolks View Post
I like how TD has made huge strides in making the whole package as low in CG as anything I've ever seen.

My hope is the production unit's contain most of what was shown in the proto images. Serious technology hiding in there

How's the balance Ryan? Pretty solid?
As mentioned above, the low CG is awesome and I think you can really feel it!
The balance left to right is nearly spot on 50/50.
The balance front to back is about 44% ft and 56% rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr devious View Post
Hey Ryan awesome job at the worlds The durango will live up to the hype
Are you still heading to oz for the byron fuels race in december All the sunshine coast clubbies are looking forward to your return Hope to have my durango there
Subject to availability I can dream Cheers
I will be in Oz for the race!
I hope you get your Durango by then, would be nice to be able to have someone else running it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
Hey ryan when you coming back out to rev? would like to check that car out in person
Unfortunately I don't see it happening in the near future. 7 hour drive for me currently and the rest of my year through January is pretty stacked with stuff to do already! I'm sure some people will pick it up and you'll be able to check one out at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Ryan nice go see you home safe. That ko servo that went was it one of the new hv servos? Just wondering. Thanks.
It was the new one yes. Which Cody and Jared used all week as well with no issue. It's an amazing servo so i'm really wanting to see what happened and why.
My website = www.lutzinator.com, Find me on Facebook at Facebook.com/lutzrc
-Follow me on Twitter @Lutzrc, #LutzRCRevolution
DRCRacer299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #1237
Tech Adept

Default Theory servos issus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrunsden View Post
Hi I do not work for Durango but started driving for them since the european championships we have done lots of running and had no problems with servos or spur gears . Please take in to account that so many cars experianced problems with servos at the worlds track . I went out with ryan and hupo for the test before the worlds and this track is something else but again we had no servo issues between us. i have tried lots of makes of servo inc savox,ace,spectrum and now hitec to test for any problems and they are still going strong. we have had some great result inc hupo winning the german nationals and I finished second at the proline meeting in the uk results that have been achived through good relabilty and speed.
anyway here is a pic of my car
Attachment 668676
I have a little Theory : seem you are runing the same engine than Jets, Jets have issues, you not.
Hupo have no issues
Ryan have issue

Depending of your engine tuning, you may be at 100 Celcius, then Jets during the wc was at 125 Celcius.

I dont know LRP engine, but Hupo will know, LRP may be the engine is fine at 98 Celcius.

It s only a Theory but I guess that Depending your engine tuning, more it s hot, more chance to have issues with the servo

Best regards
Schnurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #1238
Tech Regular

I know this is the nitro forum, anyway have you some news about the DEX408?
sirio76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #1239
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCRacer299 View Post
It was the new one yes. Which Cody and Jared used all week as well with no issue. It's an amazing servo so i'm really wanting to see what happened and why.
Thanks for the reply. I have the alum versions and I agree they are the best servos I have ever used. Hopefully we will see you this winter on the little track.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #1240
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Thanks Ryan was this a prototype braking system being test its a different version from your Worlds kit has Durango opted to go back to a traditional system?

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype-dnx408_new-brake-system.jpg
Old 11-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #1241
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio76 View Post

At ihobby, Durango said it probably wouldn't be out till mid-late 2011.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #1242
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
At ihobby, Durango said it probably wouldn't be out till mid-late 2011.
unbelievable....
sirio76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #1243
Tech Adept

Quote:
unbelievable....
yep.......... just think it takes this long to get the buggy out and i just could imagine about the parts. i understand testing and all that but man if i had the thing i could let you know whats good and bad in a couple weekends it's not like they are building a space shuttle
apex-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #1244
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have the alum versions and I agree they are the best servos I have ever used. Hopefully we will see you this winter on the little track.
I am sure I will be making it to that little track a time or two this Winter.

Quote:
Sounds like the posts after yours have more info that I do at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Thanks Ryan was this a prototype braking system being test its a different version from your Worlds kit has Durango opted to go back to a traditional system?

Attachment 669121
That is a prototype braking system, I can't comment on it except that Hupo and Gerd have been testing stuff. It's what this company is all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex-racing View Post
yep.......... just think it takes this long to get the buggy out and i just could imagine about the parts. i understand testing and all that but man if i had the thing i could let you know whats good and bad in a couple weekends it's not like they are building a space shuttle
With All Due Respect there is so much more that goes into the "Process" than most people can attribute credit for...
My website = www.lutzinator.com, Find me on Facebook at Facebook.com/lutzrc
-Follow me on Twitter @Lutzrc, #LutzRCRevolution
DRCRacer299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #1245
Tech Rookie

What aluminum CVD did you use?
ac440 is offline   Reply With Quote