R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #1111
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

looks like a low profile servo could be used for throttle, creating a bigger gap. right or wrong???
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:20 AM   #1112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

LOL- some of your comments are hilarious, how do you not know it was the actual servos themselves or there gonna have a loss of sales some of you only come in this thread to naysay....if your so happy with the buggy you own why come in here ?

anyhow good job Team Durrango and Ryan keep those top 20's Qauls coming !
RCP Customs
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #1113
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eight View Post
Oh balls

Well, JQ can start shopping for a new benz
Yup Yup! "THe Car Is Rolling in the World" In the hands of a high caliber driver (Not that JQ is bad, I think he is hanging with the best of them), I think "The Car is a good Rig". Got that also on Back Order Including the 408. Just want to have them.
oggietiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #1114
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone know what happened with lutz in q4??

i dont understand why everyone is saying that its a problem with the car when they clearly stated it was a throttle servo problem???
in my opinion the 408 looks great and watching lutz in q3 with that huge crash he took and in my opinion the fastest guy in his race
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #1115
Tech Adept

Hopefully when the Worlds are over Ryan will come here and post something as to why/what happened with the servos and what might have been the cause.

If this issue is not addressed in some sort of way, even if it's Ryan saying it was the servos fault or TD saying something, I'm going to say that Durnago knows about it, and has a big problem on their hands. Afterall this buggy is arriving in Europe this week and next and should be in the US shortly after.

People should read the Serpent thread if they think that it is the servos fault and are not sure what could be happening to the servos here.
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:40 AM   #1116
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
Hopefully when the Worlds are over Ryan will come here and post something as to why/what happened with the servos and what might have been the cause.

If this issue is not addressed in some sort of way, even if it's Ryan saying it was the servos fault or TD saying something, I'm going to say that Durnago knows about it, and has a big problem on their hands. Afterall this buggy is arriving in Europe this week and next and should be in the US shortly after.

People should read the Serpent thread if they think that it is the servos fault and are not sure what could be happening to the servos here.
im not sure that they do have a problem yet i think we need more details.
does anyone know if this is a isolated incident or has happened to other drivers??
Old 11-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #1117
Tech Elite

I pre-ordered a 408 yesterday. Today I am going to get my money back. So, yes there is a problem. I am sure I am not the only one second guessing the durability of the buggy.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #1118
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKarate757 View Post
I pre-ordered a 408 yesterday. Today I am going to get my money back. So, yes there is a problem. I am sure I am not the only one second guessing the durability of the buggy.
the only problem i see so far is that they are going to lose sales b/c of one event and one isolated incident .

so according to what i have been reading if a car has one bad performance or one malfunction then the car sucks.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #1119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A quick snippet from Red RC:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #1120
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrozilla View Post
the only problem i see so far is that they are going to lose sales b/c of one event and one isolated incident .

so according to what i have been reading if a car has one bad performance or one malfunction then the car sucks.
It is gonna hurt sales. I know the car is capable in the right hands. It won the German nationals. I just dont want drop $670 on a car that is unproven. My Losi is gettin done, just wanted to try something new. I have the Dex410 and it has been good until recently when it seams to not make it through a 6 minute run without breaking. Sounds too similar to whats going on in Thailand.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #1121
Tech Adept

People have already stated that in Europe they will be getting some kits in this week. I am sure we will know in short order and maybe even before it releases in the states what exactly the problem is, if there even is one.

I still find it hard to believe that with the first info. released on this buggy in Jan 2010, they say they tested like 6 different proto-type models before the actual production buggy was made, you know people have been running this buggy before Lutz got his hands on one, you figure this problem would have popped up before if it actually was a problem. Unless TD is just a bunch of retards which I highly doubt.

I am still leaning towards is just a big mis-understanding.

Hopefully though we will get some representation in here with some information on what is going on.
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #1122
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
I still find it hard to believe that with the first info. released on this buggy in Jan 2010, they say they tested like 6 different proto-type models before the actual production buggy was made, you know people have been running this buggy before Lutz got his hands on one, you figure this problem would have popped up before if it actually was a problem. Unless TD is just a bunch of retards which I highly doubt.
Im not saying there is a problem with this car. Its just a gut reaction due to the ties to the 811. Look at that car. Im sure they tested the piss out of it. There are probably lots of ways we really dont know about for a problem to slip by in testing. It happens with every car. IE..maybe not testing with EVERY brand of servo, assuming too much from directions and or users...
one-eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:58 AM   #1123
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the car is going to be a great car or already is. I also believe that if the servo problem is the same as the Serpents which is a grat car also then it will be fixed with a tray redesign. I wonder if what King Karate said about using a low profile servo would work? Maby a low profile servo with some foam at the bottom of the servo to dampen engine freqs that are messing with the board in the servo???? If indeed this is the problem. I guess we will have to wait and hear from Ryan because right now, all we are doing is speculating.
devilsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #1124
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to mazzinga

Seam that someone from Malta received the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Durango DNX408 Prototype-bodies.jpg  
mazzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #1125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Servos can and do "just go bad or be bad" no matter what the brand and what car its in. I can definately see the concern, but damn lets give them a chance to respond. And also keep in mind they are quite occupied right now, so it could be after the Worlds before we hear what REALLY happened.